The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Reveiw LBT 13 Here!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'll post my review after I watch it later on tonight.  If you want to post your review, go ahead!  If you want, I'll put your review on the LBT archive if you put some work into it. :)

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
for the next 3 days or so can you bracket spoilers? or change their color? :p

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got the DVD today. They didn't actually have "Good Times, Good Friends" at Wal-Mart, but I imagine they had around 36 DVDs of LBT 13. I got a $2 off coupon that allows me to "Save $2 now when you buy any The Land Before TimeÆ DVD," which I plan on doing as soon as I see "Good Times, Good Friends." I hope THAT will have a coupon I can use for "Amazing Adventures."

Anyway, down to the spoilers, which follow.
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL

In my opinion, this is the least serious of the series yet. It basically turned into a huge laugh fest for me from the point that Doofa picked up poor old Cera and gave her a big old hug (a feat repeated later on, to my pleasant surprise :lol ) right to near the end. It was a pretty wacky adventure lacking a lot of more serious elements.

One thing I noticed ia that Grandma Longneck got more screen time in one setting than she has in a long time. She got a lot more than Grandpa Longneck, something that I don't see very often.

I also noticed a species of sharptooth I am not familiar with in the rest of the series. They group pretty much all meat-eaters with the collective name "sharptooth," so you can tell them apart with the name alone.

Another thing I noticed is that they spent a ridiculous amount of time in the mysterious beyond and quite a distance away from home, to boot.

They did convey across a few wrong messages, though (like, for example, if I always listened to myself and obeyed that "little voice in my tummy" whenever it told me to do something, I would be in a HUGE heap of trouble by now, and I would have done a lot of horrible things...).

Those were some of the longest songs I've ever heard in the series, probably because of the relatively long 'intermissions' they slapped into them. They were also kind of silly. I didn't actually find any real masterpieces in here. The first two are valuable only for their comical value, and the last one was a whole lot of 'meh' to me. It wasn't much good, in my opinion. It's the type of song I would want to pass in action9000's singing projects.

Am I the only one that knew that Foobie was the 'wise one' for pretty much the whole movie? Right from the start, he seemed somewhat intelligent compared to the other yellow bellies.

Nevertheless, it was the most comical  entry into the series, at least in my opinion. There were a few laugh points (Doofa always hugging Cera like that and telling here that she was "beautiful," something I might want to try myself, ha ha :lol )

My most favorite quote from the entire movie?
Quote from: Petrie on  
That -- not -- funny!
Ha ha ha, classic! The circumstances surrounding the quote, of course, are what make it funny, in my opinion. :lol Goes to show that even that exists in the planet of The Land Before Time. :lol The "you tolded on me" was pretty good, too. :lol: I was just waiting for that to happen sooner or later. :lol:

I'll post more if I noticed that I forgot something. He he he. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thanks for the review.  It seems it was focused on comedy  instead of a mix of mainly serious with some comedy like the other movies I've seen.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
There some serious moments, like the
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL

sharptooth chases, but then again, there hasn't been an LBT movie to date to not feature them. I think the main focus was the sillyness factor.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So manny, did you like it overall?  How were the songs?  Worse than oops-eeps?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL
SPOIL

It was a pretty silly movie. The songs also reflected that, so whether the first two are "worse than Oops-Eeps" or not depends on the viewer, and I also have dislike for the last one for 'other' reasons....

Here's a one-sentence review for those that don't want to read my huge post:

It reminded me somewhat of LBT 9, only slightly less lame.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess 13, as I suspected, is categorized with the other movies that are more comedy then serious focused.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
SPOIL!!!

Wait.. what am I spoiling again?  :blink:

So, it seems the creators are taking a more 'Emperor's New Groove' route for the series, according to the reviews above. And longer and duller songs?  :huh:  yes, this scares me a bit.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
(I'm not putting the spoil text in anymore as I believe that people will have learned by now that this thread is filled with spoilers and that entering a review thread like this is bound to be a bad idea if you have not seen the movie)

The first two songs were comedic in nature (the second one, "Yellow Belly Bounce," even reminded me of The Lion King song "Just Can't Wait to be King") (and I don't like the last one in the slightest), so if you consider comedic songs a bad thing, then you'll probably view this is the worst set of songs in an LBT movie yet. I know I wasn't overly impressed, but at least the first two added to the comedic value of the movie.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, was LBT 13 the 13th in the list of your favorites or is there another sequel that's worse in your opinion?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, no. I don't think that LBT 13 is bad at all. It set quite a different pace from the rest. It had a lot of smile points for me, which is more than can be said for some of them. Like I've said before, it was just generally a 'funny movie' type, something that LBT has thus far avoided. (for the record, my two least favorite LBT movies are the 6th and 9th ones, for reasons that would requite another topic altogether, as explaining it here would mess this thread up or send it to After Midnight...)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I must admit that this was different from what we usually see in LBT.  It was one of the silliest LBT movies I've ever seen, with THE longest LBT songs EVER!  Trust me, they were long!

Now, as for graphics, they were some of the best I've seen from LBT.  The 2D and 3D animation worked together VERY well.

As for the songs, I'm a bit disappointed.  They were good, but none were beautiful masterpieces like "Bestest Friends", "No One Has to be Alone", and others.  At least they were better than most of the songs in the TV Series, which is saying alot. :P:

Now for the BIG SPOILER!

The storyline was a crazy one.  I had a feeling from the start that Foobie was the Wise One of the herd of Yellowbellies. (Beipiaosauruses according to the box. (Okay, now the names REALLY don't make sense.)) With the intelligence they have, I'm surprised that Loofah knew to do the heimlich maneuver when Doofah was choking on some flower petals. :blink: Speaking of surprises, would you believe that they actually did a "fart joke" in this one?  Seriously, I did not expect that out of LBT... EVER!  Anyways, the storyline held tons of laughs to keep you entertained, which makes it rather enjoyable.

We definately see a unique species of sharptooth in this one. (One of which actually has a scar.) To be honest, I haven't seen anything like it to date.  They were somewhat impressive in the two fights, though I am somewhat surprised with one of the strategies used to defeat them. (Loud noises anyone?) In all, they were good, but there are better ones.

This was an entertaining movie.  One I wouldn't mind watching again sometime.

Oh, and on a final sidenote, I checked out the Bonus Material and found that there's an Episode from the TV Series on this disk.  It's "The Hidden Canyon".  Well, looks like that's another ep added to the list that I now have a copy of. (9 total thus far.)

Well, I'll see ya later!  Got TONS to convert, edit and put up to YouTube.

See ya later! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 28 2007 on  05:45 PM
Speaking of surprises, would you believe that they actually did a "fart joke" in this one?  Seriously, I did not expect that out of LBT... EVER!
When I heard the poot, I wasn't sure if I heard what I thought I heard, but when Petrie uttered those three faithful words, I knew then that is was as bad as I thought. I imagine the 'responsible one' was the one that happened to be sitting on poor Petrie and Ducky. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if this is the new direction they will take of the movie series.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Kor,Nov 28 2007 on  07:30 PM
I wonder if this is the new direction they will take of the movie series.
If this is so, and its as goofy as spoken here..

then may God have mercy on all of us!

Tropicalia

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://fishlover.deviantart.com
I enjoyed this new sequal, though it doesn't seem to hold top spot for my favorite one. As usual the animation in this one seems a lot more better then number 12. Though oddly in the introduction of the movie they didn't have the roman numeral as they usually have.

I found the movie rather humorous, even those random "you're beautiful" from Doofah comments X3 The songs, the first one was good, the second one was very catchy to me though I didn't like that brief convo between loofah and Littlefoot right in the middle of it, and the third one oddly is my favorite.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I haven't been able to get a copy yet...  For the release of a movie, usually a major event on this forum, there's been surprisingly little commotion.  Will anyone have a full summary available?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have been unable to obtain a copy as well. :( I checked at my local fred meyer and they didn't have it.  I'm hoping that was just fred meyer cuz it never has anything.  I looked online at target.com and they say it'll take 7-14 days for it to arrive if I order it online! :angry: I pray it's at walmart when I go tomorrow.  If it's not, I'm gonna be pretty sad. :cry