The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Upon hearing Bron's reason for being away from Littlefoot for that long, I thought that was an unreasonable reason for the length of time. So, I put it up to the people to see what you think.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I always found Bron's story to be utterly and totally incredible. The producers wanted to force that character in but were too lazy to think of a plausible story. I listed many of my issues with Bron's story as well as with his actions during the movie in general in this thread.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It helps if you watch the first movie after the 10th. True, it only mentions Littlefoot and his mom and his grandparents, but then again, look at the barren wasteland they are traveling through! It would make perfect sense if the leader of the group went searching for a more suitable place and then get separated during the earthshake. I mean, honestly, see the travesty it caused!
I am unsure, though. At times it seems reasonable, to look after his family's welfare, but then another part of me is unsure, so...
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted for reasonable because I think the plot is logical. I don't thnk that Bron ever gave up Littlefoot, he just had the important job to lead his herd.
Of course he could've searched for his son in the Great Valley, but I presume the Great Valley was just build out of the hope to find a place to live( just listen to LF's mother! "some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart") They saw the Great Valley with their hearts --> they hoped it would exist, but they didn't know. So Bron supposed it doesn't exist, consequently he didn't searched there.
But I also can understand the view of Malte: The plot is a bit suspicious, which is the reason, why I only voted for reasonable and not for very reasonable :)

Anyway I'm writing a fic, which is inter alia about Bron, how he found Shorty and why he didn't search for his son anymore :)
Inactive, probably forever.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
While I definitely feel a stronger and, more importantly, a more interesting excuse could have been thought up, the excuse they went with is understandable. Bron comes back to the mysterious wastes and finds the land destroyed by a cataclysmic earthquake, his wife dead, and his son MIA. By all accounts, he came back and found everything he cared about in ruins. Sure, he could have tracked down the ultimate fate of his son, and he did, in fact, give up on him being alive, but he could have been afraid to track him down and find him dead. I've heard some families who've had missing family members talk about how they feel that finding their loved one's body would destroy a lingering hope in them that their family could still be alive, and the fact that that chance is so astronomically small keeps them from pursuing it.

Judging by his reaction, he seemed certain that Littlefoot was dead, and didn't seem too guilt ridden that he had thought he had died. Given this world where people die all the time and the people of this world seem much more resigned to their mortality than the 'anything you can put your mind to' attitude you see in most works, his reaction seems like something a normal person would have. It's not a heroic or amiable response, but it at least a believable one. I certainly think it could have been done much, much better, but as it stands, I think his excuse is passable.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I didn't actually care about Bron's story. It is hard to pay much attention to the movie's plot holes when the movie itself is so beautiful. I admire LBT for it's visuals, not for it's storylines (the plots are good enough, but they aren't the main reason for my love of LBT).

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
All I heard during his explanation was "contrived, contrived, contrived" . . .

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think his reason wasn't good at all. I mean he basically left his son and wife for all this time. He abandoned them and started a new family. To me he basically just said forget them my new family is better. But I'm glad he and little foot got to spend some time together to try and kindle a broken realationship.