The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Enemies Inside

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail yawned and said "Okay uncle...Im tired, and I wanna sleep." Cyrix nodded and said "Of course my nephew." Longtail lied down and fell quickly into a deep sleep.

Korr smiled and said "Yes of course...I will personally go after the little swimmer...she'll be easy to get to."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante awoke suddenly, but as his vision cleared, he realized that he was not where he had been only moments ago.  He was instead in a strange space, where there was nothing but whiteness.
"Where am I?"
He asked, his voice echoing about him as he looked around...

"That longneck child... He's mine..."
Virgil said as he looked at his allies...
"Anyone want to challenge that?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A soft motherly voice called out to Dante...'Little one...can you hear me? You are in the realm of the Guardians little one.' The voice waited for a reply, as Dante still looked rather confused about his surroundings.

Korr shook his head and said "No that's not a problem for me...so when do we strike?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"The Guardian's realm? What am I..."
Dante asked, before a familiar voice cut him off...
"You've been brought here so that we can help you, youngling..."
"A-Arius? Is that you?  So that must mean that you're"
He said adressing the other voice...

"We strike as soon as we are able.  The sooner, the better..."
Virgil replied...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
'Yes dear...I am Longtail's mother. It is very nice to meet you.' 'My name is Soul. How do you feel?"

Korr smiled with malice and said "Perfect! Then I'm striking NOW!" He then walked towards the entrance to the cave.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Nice to meet you.  I feel much better, thanks!"
Dante said, grinning as he realized that he was among people that he could trust.
"Oh, and by the way Soul, your son is quite a person now. He still misses you, though."
Dante looked at the sky before asking...
"Why am I here?"

"Alright. Good luck, Korr..."
Virgil said as he got up to capture Littlefoot...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Soul nodded and said 'Yes I know my son misses me, but he knows also not to swell in the past, and to protect those he cares for. However his fate is much harder than I wish it were for him...he is still a child. And to have to face them....just isn't fair!'

Korr said loud enough for the others to hear "I don't need luck, I just need time!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Agreed, Soul.  But now, at least, he has friends who will stand by him to the very end.  I know Dante will."
Arius said, as his spectral form appeared and gave Dante a pat on the arm, just as he had before, before saying...
"And against Them, there are many strong fighters. The Guardian, the Dragon of Darkness, and the Rider."
Dante looked up at the face of his mentor and asked....
"Did you bring me here to teach me more about the... Demon Mode?"
Arius thought for a moment, before responding...
"Yes, but we will also be training Longtail as well.  He should be arriving shortly..."

"Agreed. Meet back here when you make your capture."
Virgil said as he blurred out to pursue his new prey...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail opened his eyes as he felt the fatigue disappear. He looked around and sighed "Oh no...not again!" 'Hello my son...it's nice to see you.' Longtail smiled and said "Hi mom, I really hope you don't have any bad news this time." he then looked over and said "Uhh...hi....Dante....what are you doing here?"

Deal!" said Korr as he disappeared into the trees surrounding the cave.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hey Longtail.  From what I gathered, this is where we're gonna be training, or at least that's what Arius has told me..."
As Dante said this, Arius stood behind him, watching, then said...
"Ah, so you're Longtail! It's nice to finally get to meet you."
and smiled...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail jumped at the sound and immediately turned around to see the ghostly image of Arius standing behind him...he gave a nervous smile and said "Nice to meet you too." Then he remembered Dante's words about training, and he groaned "Again!?" Soul said 'yes my son, it is important! You want to protect your friends don't you?'

Longtail looked down and sighed "Yes...I want to protect them....but there is one thing you need to understand mom." She blinked and asked 'what is that?' "They aren't just my friends, they are my family!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Agreed.  After I lost Arius, I was all alone.  But then I met you guys.  Remember?  It's been some time, but the memory hasn't faded from my mind..."
Dante said, grinning as he thought back to the two's first meeting...
He drew Heartflame and held it aloft, proclaiming...
"I want to be stronger.  To protect all those that I hold dear!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled and said "I remember too! And I WILL get stronger!" Soul nodded and said 'very good my son....I want to warn you of a stronger foe then Korr and the others you will face.' Longtail blinked as if he had looked directly into the bright circle and screamed "WHAT!!!? STRONGER THAN KORR WHO IS MOST LIKELY SUCKING DARK ENERGY RIGHT NOW?!?!"

Soul nodded again and replied 'yes, I'm sorry dear, but you truly must be ready to give it your all....including your life if the need arises.' Longtail's face darkened as he said "This must be family related right?" Soul simply said nothing and turned to Dante and Arius and said "Shall we begin?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Prepare to fight!" exclaimed Vylor, as he put on the forearm guards with the concealed blades. He drew his two elven swords, Arga and Sirat, and resumed his ready stance.

-----

"I will go for the two smallest. It will be as easy as can be." Said Dark-Eye.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Oh! Vylor you're here too?  Didn't notice you..."
Dante said, startled at the sudden appearance of his other friend...
"Arius, this is Vylor, my newest friend!"
Arius again appeared out of the mist and spoke
"Hello, Vylor.  Rider, should I say?"
As he smiled at the elf...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked confused as he said "Wait....Vylor, how did you get here? I thought only those who lost someone special could come here..." then another thought came to him "Do you even know where you are Vylor?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Yeah... How did you get here?  I mean..."
Dante stammered as he looked at Vylor...

"Excellent.  The trap is set, the bait ready.  Now comes the inevitable capture of Littlefoot, the leader..."
Virgil said, a demonic tone in his voice as he eyed the "bait", which was Littlefoot's grandparents, and laughed...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Korr stopped near Ducky's nest, and smiled as he thought 'She and that spiketail will be simple targets, and as soon as I have them...the others will fall into place and that longtailed freak. And the valley herd will have to send him away, and I'll be there to pick up the remains.'

Korr took three steps towards Ducky and Spike who were sleeping a small distance away from their siblings and Korr only smiled wider as he said "Yes...just sleep little ones, your sleep-stories are about to become a nightmare!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Virgil cut the vines he had used to gag Littlefoot's grandparent's mouths, and then proceeded to put one hand on each before sending dark electricity through them, causing them to scream in pain.
Littlefoot heard the noise, and as he ran to investigate, a large net of woven shadow fell on him, trapping him where he stood and shocking him into unconciousness...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He noticed that this was not the cave. His blades were not at his sides.

"I am never lost. Everything else is just in the wrong place." Said Vylor.

Suddenly, spasms of pain racked his body. It was as though many people that he was linked to suddenly were hit with massive amounts of pain.

"We...must...help...those...in...need. They...are...in...great...danger." He said, wheezing with each word.

-----

Dark-Eye appeared by Korr. "When I said the two smallest, I meant the flyer and the swimmer." He was holding Petrie. The flyer was limp and unconscious, but calm, as though sleeping.