The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Enemies Inside

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Arius, you heard him!  Our friends are in trouble!  We gotta go help them!"
Dante yelled, turning to leave...

"Ah... I see we all have been successful.  That's good.  Now, let's prepare the deception..."
Virgil said as he appeared next to Korr and Dark-Eye...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Soul shouted "NO! We have to train you three....your friends will have to wait." Longtail turned on his mothers unseen form and screamed "NO! My friends safety comes before my own! You know I won't let them get hurt! Wake. Me. UP!" Longtail then bit down on his tail trying to wake himself up.

Korr smiled devoutly and said "Then let's get to work! No time like the present."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I think that we should prepare. I know what they are planning. I think. Your friends are safe. They won't be killed unless we fail." Said Vylor.

Argaya popped into existence in her fully grown form. She was about twice the size of Littlefoot's grandparents.

-----

"Alright." Said Dark-Eye, and began quietly sneaking up on the unknowing swimmer.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at the ground, then at his claw...
"I hate to admit it, but Vylor's right.  Virgil won't do anything unless it's timed perfectly.  We need to be strong enough to beat them if we're gonna go for it..."
Dante conceded, worry and fear in his voice...
"Don't worry Dante.  They'll be safe.  I Promise.  I have a gift for you to use."
Arius placed a glowing red stone pendant around Dante's neck.  The stone was set into a delicately-carved metal amulet, and seemed to dance with some internal fire.  
"It was found next to you when you were born. I kept it until you were ready, and now... you are.  Try to use your transformation again..."
Arius said, urging Dante on...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't need to train any more. All I am doing is preparing you for the upcoming battle." Said Vylor. "Now, I want you to try to strike me in the legs."

He drew his elven blades, which he noticed were now on his sides.

-----

Dark-Eye grabbed the swimmer, and quickly applied pressure to certain spots on the head and body to make sure she remained unconscious.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante Grinned, and he again transformed. This time, however, it seemed like he was in better control of his energy, as there was none being wated in the form itself.  
"Right.  Let's test that shall we, Vylor?"
Dante said as he ran at Vylor beginning the fight with a swift spinning rush attack with both blades...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor bent his knees and ducked to dodge Dante's attack. When Dante was right above Vylor, he struck the raptor from below.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante saw the movement, and dodged just in time to avoid the attack.  As he flipped over Vylor with a mid-air wheeling attack, he inquired
"So...If you're here, that means you lost someone close to you.  Who was it for you?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"It was not me. It was Argaya. Due to our mental connection, there are few things that we do not share." Vylor replied as he began channeling magic to his palms. The edges of his blades began to glow with a soft silver light.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked over at Dante and Vylor going at it once again and said "Oh no you two are not starting another fight without me!" But before he could His mothers true form showed itself and Longtail could only gasp in awe as his mother looked like an older version of himself, only white where his skin was blue, and purple where his crest was red...and her eyes were a dull grey.

She simply smiled at him and waited for him to speak as she said "I also have a gift for you my son!" Soul walked over and just as she was a foot in front of her son she raised her tail and tapped the little flyer on the head and his eyes widened as his body changed. His skin turned white as well and a second pair of wings made from light grew from his back and his rainbow colored aura returned once more, but Longtail suddenly noted "I'm floating...mother what did you do?" She only smiled and said "Come at me, and don't hold back!"

Longtail confused but having to obey began to combat his mother...

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante looked at Argaya, interested...
"And who was it that you lost?  You don't have to tell me if you don't want to..."
As he vaulted back off of Vylor.  He focused for a moment, then released thousands of shards of energy around him before launching them at Vylor with great speed...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As Longtail swung his tail at his mother, Soul moved out of the way and Longtail followed her...right into the path of the shards Dante was throwing at Vylor and both flyers immediately spun there bodies in a sprial formation and deflected the shards and continued fighting each other, with Longtail attempting to bite his mother.  Soul was ahppy to see her son improving but noted with a grim face her son was holding back.

She remided this by saying "Come on my son...STOP TRYING TO HIT ME AND HIT ME!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Almost my entire race. Argaya replied to Dante's question.

Vylor slashed his swords, and a thin slice of white energy came to meet the shards. The two projectile bodies collided, and all the shards disappeared, while the slice kept on going.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Suddenly Longtail stopped attacking his mother and looked around. He sniffed the air several times, and looked back to his mother and said "I don't feel very good, can we rest." Soul nodded and said "Of course my son."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante staggered back, reeling as though from some unseen strike.  His transformation flickered, then died out.  
"What?  How did I?  ... I feel so weak..."
And he dropped to his knees...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor and Argaya noticed what was happening. At once, Vylor opened his hand and shouted "Letta." and the slice stopped, then was sucked into the silver mark on Vylor's palm.

He then noticed that his form was starting to fade. He strengthened his resolve, and the fading stopped. Argaya did the same.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As the glow around Longtail faded he felt weak, too weak to stop what was about to happen as a dark and evil voice boomed from nowhere "Ah child of my son why have you come here again, perhaps seeking answers once again, or perhaps you finally wish to die like the failed creature you really are?" Soul had suddenly disappeared and in her place stood an all black sharptooth with yellow eyes and blood red teeth.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor sensed danger, and quickly began to enter the minds of Dante and Longtail. He began to give them some of his energy.

Do not fail. The survival of your friends depends on your success. he told them as he was supplying them with his strength.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail could feel Vylor's strength enter his body but he still sat on the floor knowing exactly what was supposed to happen next. Longtail said "Don't worry you guys this is just the darker part of my mind coming out to pay us an unwanted visit....he can't really hurt us, not so long as I'm awake anyway."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I sensed an evil force coming, and I tried to help you two survive." Vylor replied.