The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 25603

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hurry across before the crack reaches you." Mim said.  

Littlefoot nods, "We can find another way back into the great valley on the way back." He said.  

"Lots of ways back in." Ducky said nodding to what Littlefoot said.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was stunned at what his uncle had done...to risk both there lives like that and smile...was something he most likely would've done too. 'We are too much alike' said Longtail too himself, and then he heard the crack and Zaine say something about a problem, and almost immediately Longtail turned around and jumped down the side of the cliff.

Cyrix was a little worried but was sure Longtail knew what he was doing...and indeed he did! As the crack in the tree became wider, Longtail after gaining enough speed braced himself against the crack trying to hold the tree together long enough for Zaine to cross. And to prove this Longtail shouted "Zaine get across now!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Argaya! Run across quickly!' Vylor shouted as he heard the crack.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "You don't have to tell me twice!" Zaine began to run across the log. I hope Longtail and Argaya get back safely. Suddenly, Zaine tripped over a branch. He fell onto the log and grabbed hold so he wouldn't rollover. Come on Zaine. Get off this tree now! Zaine shuffled himself the rest of the way, jumping onto safe land. He turned around. "Argaya! Longtail! Hurry!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hurry everyone there is little time." Mim said.

"Yes, get across quickly." Littlefoot said.

"Hurry faster." Ducky said with concern in her voice.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Don't need to tell us twice! Longtail, please tell me you have something planned.' Argaya said as she began sprinting towards Zaine. She paused only to help Zaine get back upright.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine got back up thanks to Argaya's help. "Thanks Argaya. Let's get off this tree!" The two of them rushed to the cliff and jumped off the log just in time. As Argaya landed, the log brokw away and fell below. Zaine was glad everybody was safe.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail said through gritted teeth said to Argaya "Yeah...my plan is to keep this tree intact long enough for you to get off it! NOW GO!" the tree was becoming too heavy for the little flyer to hold, and the tree cracked in half, knocking Longtail from it and throwing him down the cliff side.

"LONGTAIL!" cried Cyrix as he watched his nephew fall from the tree into the abyss.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim went closer to the edge putting a hand on Cyrix's shoulder.  "I'm sure he'll be flying up pretty soon.  The sudden action of the tree may have surprised him for a moment." She said, hoping what she said was true.  

Littlefoot nods, "He'll be ok, I"m sure." He said trying to reassure Cyrix and hoping what he said was true.

Ducky nodded to Littlefoot and Mim's statements, "Yes, he is a flier so he can fly back up, yes he can." She said.  She was sure things would be ok.  The tree had surprised him and one could fall quite far in a moment or two so she was sure he'd be flying back up quickly enough.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was startled by what happened to Longtail. "I hope you guys are right, because Longtail may not be able to fly back up if he's hurt bad." He hoped he was wrong. He hoped that Longtail was all right. Why am I even saying that? Longtail has to get back up. He has to!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail hadn't come up out of the gorge and Cyrix was becoming desperate...and he began shouting his name "Longtail!" CAN YOU HEAR ME?" and as his voice dissipated into the gorge he began to fear the worst. Until a shrill scream could be heard coming back.

Longtail's wings then raised over the edge of the canyon wall and after that came his head, with his eyes the size of falling rocks. He then dragged himself closer to the others took a deep breath and exhaled as he collapsed from shock and fear.

Cyrix however was so amazed that his nephew was alive he didn't move for a few moments...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'I think that we should rest here for tonight.' Vylor said after he saw Longtail.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "I agree. That was way too close for comfort, and to go on like this would be crazy."

Meanwhile, far away from the group, Ozzy and Strut observed from their hiding place. "Perfect," Ozzy said. We'll grab the green longneck tonight while the others are asleep."

"What about the other one?" Strut asked. "What about Littlefoot?"

"We'll worry about him later. Right now our priority is finding the location of the Stone of Cold Fire." Ozzy said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix smiled and walked over and picked up Longtail and cradled him in his arms and said to the others "yes...perhaps rest is best...I for one know I am far too tired to do anything else right now, but Mim and I will have to stay awake to stay alert for sharpteeth and egg eaters."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine looked around. "Ok guys. This should be a good place to rest for now. Tomorrow morning we head out. So I guess pick a spot and make yourselves comfortable."

((OOC: To keep the story moving, I'm going to skip ahad to later that night. A major conversation between Zaine and the egg eaters will occur, so please don't interrupt it. im not yelling))

Later that night, Zaine woke up after another nightmare. He couldn't sleep because of that same dream from before. "I don't want to wake the others up, but I just cant sleep. I guess I'll take a walk around." With that, Zaine got up and walked around. He enjoyed the peace that was around him. "At least nothing bad is going to happen at the moment."

Unfortunately, it would seem he spoke too soon. At that moment, Zaine heard a rustle in the bushes next to him. Zaine stopped and looked at the green leave. "Hello? Is anybody there?" Nobody answered him, so he decided to walk closer. Still nobody responded, so he stuck his head through the bushes. "Is somebody following me?" Suddenly, four hands grabbed Zaine and pulled him through the bushes. He tried to yell out, but his hand was covered by one of the hands. The two captors began to carry him away from the group. What's going on? Who's kidnapping me? Zaine looked up and was horrified to see the two egg eaters from before. Ozzy looked down at him and sneered.

"Hello, my little green friend."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ozzy and Strut reached a clearing and dropped Zaine on the ground. "All right leaf eater," Ozzy started. "We know you know the location of this Stone of Cold Fire. If you know what's best for you, tell us where it is!"

"Forget it!" Zaine countered. "You're the ones from my dreams. You two only want the stone for your own evil wishes! I'll never tell you where it is!"

"You better watch what you say little one," Strut commented. "If you don't want to be physically persuaded, I suggest you tell us where the stone is!"

"Oh, I'll be talking, but it won't be to you two creeps! Once the others find out you're here-"

"They won't," Ozzy interrupted. "Because you aren't going to tell them!" Zaine laughed.

"What makes you think I won't tell them?"

"Because if you do, then we will just have to deal with them ourselves," Strut said. "We can't have anyone giving away our plans."

"Don't even think about it!" Zaine yelled. "If you so much as lay one finger on my friends you'll regret it!" Now Ozzy laughed.

"You are in no position to be telling us what to do little longneck! If you tell, we'll start with your overgrown flier freak."

"I won't let you hurt Longtail!" Zaine said. "I'll kill you myself if I have to!"

"We'd love to see you try." Strut taunted.

"Listen to me very carefully child," Ozzy said in a low tone. "We are taking you back to your little tour group. When the bright circle rises into the sky, lead them to the stone. We will follow you to make sure you don't alter the path. If either of your friends learn of our presence, then we take matters into our own hands, and I can assure you it will not be pleasent. As long as you keep going, we promise not to hurt them" Zaine stared at the two egg eaters hard.

"What guarentee do I have that you won't break your end of the bargain?"

"None," Strut said. With that, Ozzy ran up to Zaine and knocked him unconscious. Zaine fell to the ground. "Did you kill him?"

"No," Ozzy shook his head. "He's only asleep. When the time comes, he'll do what we tell him to." With that, Ozzy picked up Zaine, ran back to the area where the others were sleeping, and gently placed Zaine down. "Sleep well little longneck," he whispered. "It may be your last sleep undisturbed." He then turned around and left.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(If it's okay with you...I'm gonna time skip to the morning scene...)

Cyrix blinked several times and yawned not knowing what had taken place the night before. He looked around at the others and did a quick head count. He was satisfied to see that everyone was present and accounted for, he then stood up and stretched his limbs and said "Okay everyone Rise and shine today is a brand new day."

Longtail opened one of his eyes and groaned "Uncle I was having such a great sleep story, why ruin it?" Cyrix sighed at his nephew and said "Do you want someone to get to the stone before us?" "No." was longtail's only answer.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'Zaine is missing.' Vylor said.

'This is bad. He was the one leading us to the stone. If those egg-eaters got him, then we might be in trouble.' Argaya added.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Is it morning already?" Littlefoot asked yawning as he slowly opened his eyes.  He looked down and saw Ducky was sleeping on him.  He nudged her gently.

"Not yet Momma, let me rest longer." She muttered.  Littlefood nudged her again.

"Ducky, it's morning." He said.  Ducky opened her eyes and started yawning.

"Already, it seems like we just layeded down, it does." She said stretching a bit as she yawned again.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine slowly began to regain consciousness, but to him it only felt like he had been asleep for a long time. He stretched out his legs and yawned. "Morning already?" He began to stand up, but for some reason he felt a throbbing pain in his head. "Why does my head hurt so much? What did I even do last night?" He looked around for a moment. Then it hit him. "Wait a minute. The egg eaters..." He looked back at the bush, but nobody was behind it. "Was it just a bad dream?" Zaine shook his head, not knowing exactly what happened last night, and decided to gather with the others. For some reason, he had ended up farther away from them than before.

Zaine heard Vylor's comment about him being missing, so he piped in. "Actually, I'm right here guys."