The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Finally Together Again/Into the Mysterious Beyond

LBTFan13 · 330 · 23428

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shera got a big smile on her face and felt like singing along. She likes to sing. But she knew it was smarter to go on with the journey now.

"Yup, we should meet them" She said.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim smiled to Ducky & Petrie, "No problem.  I can teach you how to be devious, and not need to lie either." She said.

Littlefoot nodded, "Yes, we should get started.  No telling what Ozzy is up to, but I'm sure we'll find out soon." He said.

"I do hope all this walking will still allow your legs to heal Zaine, though it would be better if we could stop and let you rest a few days." Mim said.  "Though under the circumstances, that is impossible at the moment."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Unfortunately, we don't have a choice. My legs will have to bear with it. Getting to that stone is more important, because if Ozzy gets to it first, goodbye world." He turned towards Chomper. "Well Chomper, point the way."

Chomper walked up and looked around, scanning the area. This part of the Mysterious Beyond was probably the only peaceful part in the entire land, so he felt relief that he couldn't smell sharpteeth. "This way," he pointed.

"Ok then. Chomper, keep leading the way. Strut, you are staying in the front so everybody can watch you. Trust me, you wouldn't want to try anything in this group, especialy with the evil flyer we have in our group." He laughed a little, wondering what Longtail would have said to that. "I'll be in the back to make sure everybody is still with us." He then limped slowly to the back. When he passed Longtail, he stopped for a second.

"You know, you do have a dark side in you. You just showed it with that threat. You could turn out to be a very demonic flyer." He laughed again, knowing Longtail probably would have enjoyed it.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
As Longtail heard what Zaine said he gave a nervous smile and said "Yeah I know...its funny, but it kinda scares me too." he then laughed and said "Oh well...no time for that now...let's start walking!"

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Ok Chomper! Show us the way!"

Chomper smiled. "You got it! Let's go this way!" With that, Chomper started leading the group in the direction he was pointing at. Zaine kept a close eye on everybody in the group, especially Strut. He seems to be all right at the moment. Maybe he is legit. Either way, I still can't fully trust him. He then glanced at Longtail. Maybe that comment I made wasn't the best. I don't think he took it like I did. I really hope I didn't offend him.

Up at the front of the group, Chomper kept turning back to Strut. "I'm warning you egghead! You better not try anything stupid!"

"I understand why you don't trust me, but I can assure you-"

"I don't think you do. You tried to kill me when I was a hatchling."

"Only because my brother forced me to cooperate. I wouldn't have done anything if I had the choice."

"Everybody has a choice. You could have chosen to abandon your brother back then."

"I suppose you are right."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail knew that Zaine only meant that last remark as a joke, but for some reason it made him think about what he could do...and in truth it scared him alot more than he wanted to let on. He then decided to ask what Zaine would think...

"Hey Zaine...how would you react...if ya know...I totally lost it, and well...killed someone. Not anyone in our group, but just in general?"

Cyrix had overheard the comment from his nephew but didn't want to answer before Zaine as the question was directed at him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was surprised by the question. "Wow. I guess I never really thought about it." He hesitated to answer, because he didn't want to offend Longtail in anyway. "Well I would hope you never do go insane like that. However, if that was the case then I don't know. I would still try and look for the good inside you and try to change you back. Even if you do go ahead and kill, you're still my best friend, and our bond is too strong to let something like that break it." He hesitated even more before finishing his thoughts. "If I had no choice, and it was the only way to change you back to normal, then I would even fight you because that's how much I care about you."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodes his head in approval and says "Very good answer Zaine. It is that kind of friendship that will always give Longtail the strength to fight off his dark side. Besides even should the worst happen, he won't hurt any of us. I can assure you Zaine."

Longtail smiled at Zaines answer and his uncles compliment and said "Thanks...I feel alot better about myself now. And my Uncle is right Zaine, you guys won't be in danger if I lose control. I can smell the difference between all of you and other sharpteeth."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"That is good to know." Littlefoot said nodding as he walked along.

"It is good.  But maybe better to not think about that." Ducky said from Littlefoot's back where she was riding.  

"To scary for Petrie to think about." He said shivering a bit at the image in his mind from where he was riding.

"A good sense of smell is useful, but not the only useful thing someone may have." Mim said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Agreed.  I'll...have to be careful too, since I might...lose it too.  If that happens...I want you guys to subdue me.  Knock me out, whatever, but don't let me hurt anyone."
Dante said grimly...

Virgil nodded at the others.  
"We'll be on guard.  But for now, let's just focus on the road ahead of us."

Motochika kept walking as he added...
"That is the only way we will find the stone before the others."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix nodded and replied "Yes Motochika is right, we must keep moving...come along everyone." Longtail quickly fell into step and smiled the whole time, knowing he'd be able to trust his friends to help him if he lost control.

Longtail then asked "Hey Chomper, you said we were going to meet your folks, will they be able to pick up my sharptooth scent?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Someone as big as his parents must have good sniffers, they must." Ducky said.  

"They smell us hiding in bush." Petrie said, remembering back on the island where they met Chomper and how they were hiding in a bush and one of Chomper's parents was able to smell them.

"I guess we'll find out when we get to them." Littlefoot Said.

"I just hope that they remember their promise and it carries over to the rest of us.  But as you said we'll not know till we get there." Mim said.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Don't worry Ptyra. Everything will be fine once this is over."

Chomper looked back towards Longtail. "Ducky's right. Besides, they'll find us because they can never forget my scent." He then looked over towards Mim. "Don't worry about it! They said any friend of Littlefoot's would be safe since he saved me back on the island."

Zaine smiled. "Good thing. I wouldn't want to be trusting sharpteeth if I wasn't guarenteed my safety.

Strut still felt uneasy about being near Zaine. After he and Ozzy had just tried killing him, Strut knew it was going to be virtually impossible to try to talk to him. Fortunately, that wouldn't stop him. "Zaine, can I talk to you?"

Zaine shook his head. "Keep away from me you creep. We may be letting you in, but I don't fully trust you yet. Just give me one reason why I shouldn't rip you apart right now."

Strut sighed. "I guess I can't give you any."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Me hope they no forget." Petrie said.

"They'll remember Petrie." Littlefoot said, confident that they would.

"I hope they remember their promise, I do, I do." Ducky Said.  "I wish my sister were here, or one of her friends, then we could ask the fastbiter herd she's a .... sort of member of for help maybe." Ducky said skipping over the word honorary since she knew she didn't know how to say it like her sister did.

"Me want to hear that story sometime." Petrie said, interested in what Ducky said.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Motochika nodded, looking over at the others.  
"It seems that we all have our own interesting stories to tell at some point. Perhaps after this journey, we can."
He said, grinning faintly...

Dante stood at Zaine's side, then looked at Strut, eye ridge raised.
"So...What exactly does Ozzy want the Stone for?"
He asked...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine looked over at Dante. "My guess is power. Isn't that right Strut?"

Strut nodded. "Ever since our last vist to the Great Valley, he cursed the residents who foiled his plans. In this case, Littlefoot and his friends. He wants the Stone so he can rule over the Great Valley and enslave everyone in it."

Chomper couldn't believe what he was hearing. "That's terrible! We can't let him succeed!"

"Don't worry Chomper," Zaine replied. "We won't. We'll get to the stone before him." Strut felt a little uneasy when he said this, and Zaine could tell. "You knew you were going to have to fight him."

"You're right. He may be my brother, but he is still evil and insane. We can't let him get the stone first."

Zaine nodded, but then remembered something. "So what was in it for you?"

"Yeah," Chomper said. "Why do you want the stone?"

"I told you already. I want it to stop Ozzy."

"That can't be the only reason you want it," Zaine said. "There's more isn't there."

Strut hesitated. "Yes....there is something else, but I-"

"What," Chomper pressured. "Tell us!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Him getting the stone would likely be very bad.  But how many people can use the power of the stone responsibly? A few I"m sure, but not everyone." Mim said.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shera listened closely. She walked over to Mim. "How powerful is that stone anyway?" She asked.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I've heard various stories about it.  It's suppose to grant your wish, though others say it can grant you all sorts of powers.  Either way it's a dangerous thing for someone like Ozzy to get to it first.  Not sure if I believe the stories of the stone, though Ozzy does and that is the important thing." Mim said.

"Just like some flyers believed the story the other rainbowfaces said before." Littlefoot said, leaving out their names since he didn't want to hurt Petrie's feelings.  "But that stone was just a rock, a different looking rock then most that fall, but it had no magic powers to it." Littlefoot said, leaving out how he saw the rainbowfaces leave and how they got back to the great valley so fast, and his wondering if they were magical, or something else, but never having talked to anyone about that.