The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Contact Universal for LBTXV

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
So, yes. Emails might work. You never know. Certainly people have tried before.

Llyn didn't say emails, though. She said 'snail mail'. Physical letters.

In order to increase your chances of a company at least giving you a quick listen, snail mail is the way to go. Anyone can write an email and send it out. Emails can be deleted, ignored. But with snail mail, there's effort. You have to buy the paper, the stamp, the envelope, write out your message, actually mail it. These are harder to ignore.

So if anyone is set on sending Universal letters regarding a next LBT movie, stick with the snail mail route. Never use email. Not if you really want them to take your message the slightest bit seriously.

Edit: And when you send your snail mail, please be formal and to the point. No need to say anything grandiose or over the top. Remember, this is a major company, not a high school club. Skip the lingo and write to them in a professional manner. You can still express your love for LBT while writing appropriately.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:58:50 AM by DarkHououmon »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
So, yes. Emails might work. You never know. Certainly people have tried before.

Llyn didn't say emails, though. She said 'snail mail'. Physical letters.

In order to increase your chances of a company at least giving you a quick listen, snail mail is the way to go. Anyone can write an email and send it out. Emails can be deleted, ignored. But with snail mail, there's effort. You have to buy the paper, the stamp, the envelope, write out your message, actually mail it. These are harder to ignore.

So if anyone is set on sending Universal letters regarding a next LBT movie, stick with the snail mail route. Never use email. Not if you really want them to take your message the slightest bit seriously.
Ah, my apologies. I was referring to the list of emails that had been sent out to different individuals in the past that I linked in my reply to Gentle Sharptooth, but reading through Llyn's reply again, you are right, she did enunciate that snail mail is the way to go. My bad, and I definitely see her point.

Edit: and even if you do use email, write a more formal appeal! I can't believe I forgot to mention this!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Letters can be ignored and shredded by shredders or being ripped then thrashed.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I already sent a (reasonably formal) email, but now that I've read Llyn's reply, I'm glad to know there's another option with some more power behind it. Thanks for the heads-up, Owls.
Also, Llyn's certainty that there will be more LBT at some point really gives me hope!! :Mo

@Enchanted-Valley96 I'm sorry, and I really don't want to sound harsh, but I'm not sure what the point is in these types of replies you keep posting. We realize that nothing is guaranteed to get Universal's attention. However, the worst that can happen is that we'll have wasted a little time and maybe a stamp or two on an email or letter. You don't have to do that, though, and we respect your choice not to. But please, in return, respect our choice to do what we want on this topic.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I used the Universal Link provided in OP and upon submission you get this message:

Thank You for your inquiry.

-Universal

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I'm not saying don't do it and I respect that in a free society we should have the right to send letter and emails as long as they are not threatening, all I am realistically replying with is not to get your hopes up of about getting a reply that answers all your questions.

They either will say that they are not working on one at the time or not on one at all.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I'm not saying don't do it and I respect that in a free society we should have the right to send letter and emails as long as they are not threatening, all I am realistically replying with is not to get your hopes up of about getting a reply that answers all your questions.

They either will say that they are not working on one at the time or not on one at all.
Thank you for explaining. I can see where you're coming from, and that's why we aren't getting our hopes up too high yet. Actually, asking questions isn't so much the reason we're sending messages as much as just to suggest a 15th movie.

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege I send letters to voice actors in the USA, Canada and the UK and expect nothing to come back because not only does that not get my hopes up for when I get nothing but that if they choose to respond it's exciting to get a reply.

They have the right to not respond as human beings just as much as we do to politely contact them and praise them for their work on a show for a voice I enjoyed them doing even before I was born.

But in this time we should still use the freedom to enjoy freely contacting companies such as Universal to give us hope in such dark times this year.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:07:52 PM by Enchanted-Valley96 »