The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest animated films ever??

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Oct 5 2007 on  09:37 AM
...even sadder when Adder came looking for him and when she found him . Poor Adder and Sinuous.

On the bright side, she did go on a killing spree as revenge.
Bwaaaahahaha *evil grin*

Here's more:
*Phesant's death...that poor thing!
* The hedgehog's death...she wouldn't leave him  :cry
* The "Goodbye may seem forever" bit in The Fox in the Hound...I had never gotten so close to crying in any movie...and I'm not that big of a fox person!

We don't see Mole die...his mate just says that...it's in the second season...and Badger was old and he lost the will to live because of grumpy old Fox  :angry: ! (I loved Badger and Mole when I saw the American tape in 4th grade...now if you go on the Farthingwood.net, I am all about Adder and Sinuous  :lol: ). And that was in the second season.

Have you even seen the 2nd season (The best, but I hate it because of the overuseage of foxes and Bold's story  :mad )

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Have you even seen the 2nd season (The best, but I hate it because of the overuseage of foxes and Bold's story  :mad )

Yep. Twas quite a good season, but, *Keehar-ish accent* Many foxes.  :lol:

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
*Also uses Kehaar-ish voice* Yes, many foxes! Too many...need more snakes *puts a fake arrow on head*

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I also must add both Grave of the Fireflies and When the Wind Blows.  :cry

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Some of the saddest that I have viewed:
  • Bambi
  • Pinocchio
  • The Land Before Time
  • The Land Before Time X
Yeah, I haven't done a whole lot of sad viewing. :p

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Ptyra,Oct 5 2007 on  10:08 PM
*Also uses Kehaar-ish voice* Yes, many foxes! Too many...need more snakes *puts a fake arrow on head*
Hai! >=O

<------ Fox

Anyway, here's my list

Bambi
Land Before Time 1,10
The Lion King

and a few more I cant remember right off the top of my noggin =P

Foxes forever!

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Foxes <3

are we doing this?

Pokemon: First Movie - sad enough for a bit
Lion King
Land Before Time, of couse

I haven't seen many animated films I guess XD

if it was all movies I'd have a far longer list I'd imagine

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
You can also add a few of the sadder PokÈmon movies to the list (Mewtwo's always had a troubled life, Latios got it bad, and the Lucario thing was perhaps the saddest of the bunch :( ).

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
meh, I like Mew more, but the problem I had moreso is the fact that that's like the 7th movie or something, 1 movie per 4 years is alright, but jeez... not to mention the soundtracks went downhill after the first one, the second one only had one good song... but I digress... I only watched 1-3, and I don't really remember any but 1... in extreme detail

I think this should be made into just saddest movies though

ArtemisPanthar

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://artemispanthar.deviantart.com
I'm a sensitive little Artie, I cry at so many movies XD I just cannot stand people in mourning or in denial (about death), it just tears my insides up! So, needless to say, the list of animated movies that have made me cry is looooong. Here are the big ones though:

(Highlight the quoted portion for spoilers)

The Lion King. Sure, when
Mufasa actually dies is sad, but it's the part right after that, where Simba is shaking him saying "Please get up, we have to go home" that gets to me. I cry every time, without fail XD

The Land Before Time, when
Littlefoot's mother dies and when he mistakes his shadow for his mother =(

All Dog's Go to Heaven
at the very very end when Charlie explains to Anne-Marie he has to go and they look into each other's eyes and she says "I love you" =( it really hits me because it makes me think about my own dog dying (he's still alive but I dread the day he'll go. I love the pup so much).

The Fox and the Hound is very sad, and the main characters don't even die. It's just a big depressing movie about lost friendship.

The original Charlotte's Web, when
Charlotte dies =( heartbreaking

There are so much more but I won't list all of them XD

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Put me down for almost all of those. LBT, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Lion King, Charlotte's Web...the list goes on.

Interestingly, the last animated thing I cried at (come to think of it, any media) was an episode of a TV show called Static Shock.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

There was an episode which started with a monument being unfurled to health workers who lost their lives curbing a riot. The main character's (Static's) mother had been shot fatally when he was little while she was saving lives of many. In the episode, Static and his friend Gear met another hero who had the unstable power of being able to travel through time. Using a machine, she inadvertantly took them and a bad guy back to the day of the riots, where Static immediately thought of his mother and took her away, telling her of what would happen and warning her to stay away. She was conflicted, unwilling to let others die, but very proud of her son. He then left her in a safe place, and went to rescue his friends. At the end, the machine started to short out, and took them back. As they began to leave, the last thing Static saw was his mother emerging from the ambulance, having returned to save others. He shouted after her, but it was too late. When he got back to the present, he ran home, to find nothing had changed (And the time travelling person went back and prevented herself from being in the area where she got her powers). I watched this and found myself in tears, and I was quite surprised, but it completely tore me up.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I see Plague Dogs has already been mentioned!
Hands down the hardest I've ever cried at an animated film. The whole thing was just a downer, and then the end... yeesh.
I even cried about it again the next day!

The Fox and the Hound always makes me cry. I think I've cried at every Pokemon movie ever :lol
Except the Manaphy one. That one really wasn't very good. And neither was the Darkrai one, at that. I haven't seen the Giratina one yet, so I don't know about that one.
Also pretty much every movie mentioned in this thread. I'm very easily moved :rolleyes

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Static Shock was a good show. :yes

But how come nobody has mentioned the Iron Giant?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Don't the plague dogs survive and live happily ever after in the book?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Of those listed I've seen and would agree with: All Dogs Go To Heaven, Charlotte's Web, Land Before Time, Lion King.  I've not seen the others mentioned and do try to avoid movies with such elements, especially ones with such at the ending.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Quote from: Manny Cav,Dec 11 2007 on  11:26 PM
You can also add a few of the sadder PokÈmon movies to the list (Mewtwo's always had a troubled life, Latios got it bad, and the Lucario thing was perhaps the saddest of the bunch :( ).
Don't forget the Jirachi one

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's see...the saddest animated films I've ever seen are:

*The Land Before Time
*The Fox and the Hound
*Charlotte's Web
*Bambi
*The Lion King

This may sound strange, but the animated story of "Frosty the Snowman" used to make me cry as a kid.  The part where he melts was just too much for me back then :!.  

I can't recall the title, but there's this short animated Christmas film about an orphanage full of children who wake up on Christmas mornin' and excitedly start playing with their presents, only to have their presents fall apart like a ton of brick, causing them to start bawling.  The show ended happily with Santa Claus appearing and making new toys for the children, but seeing these kids with no parents or adults celebrating Christmas with them, in addition to their toys falling apart and them being sad, has always been very sad to me.  Just thinkin' about the program still makes me tear up to this day.  That's just me, though.  I've always been terribly sensitive, and even if it's animated, to see others (especially kids) who have little to nothing makes me very sad :cry.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Sep 18 2009 on  02:16 PM
Don't the plague dogs survive and live happily ever after in the book?
Yes they did.  That's not what's implied in the film (especially if you watch the uncut version).  Its pretty apparent the dogs don't survive.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There were several scenes in Kung Fu Panda that I found rather sad.

One of the biggest had to have been Tigress telling the story of Tai Lung. Shifu found him as a baby. Shifu raised Tai Lung like a son and trained him in Kung Fu. He mastered the Thousand Scrolls of Kung Fu; but he wanted the Dragon Scroll. But when he was refused the scroll, Tai Lung went on a rampage in the village and tried to take the scroll by force. Shifu had to destroy what he had created, but how could he destroy one who had been like a son to him?

Shifu hesitated, thus having Tai Lung swipe him out of the way. Oogway, Shifu's mentor, managed to use several nerve strikes on Tai Lung, incapacitating him. Tai Lung was then locked away in prison.

"Shifu had loved Tai Lung like no other person... or since."

Another flashback shows a younger version of Tigress doing several forms of Kung Fu similar to ones a younger Tai Lung did. But instead of being praised for it, Shifu only corrected her stance and walked off.

It's even more sad when you watch the Secrets of the Furious Five side movie. There, it explains that Tigress was orphaned as a child; and that Shifu adopted her.