The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Backwards Videos

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hopefully this is okay..

I've been wondering how to speed up videos from Land Before Time (Well, i know how to speed videos up, i just dont know how to get the clip and speed it up.) and/or make it go backwards using Windows Movie Maker.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well my friend, it really depends on what editing software you have. I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but if you want to speed the clip up, Windows Movie Maker may not be the best software for you because it's so minimal in it's abilities. I personally use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0, but you could use any video software that allows you to edit clips, like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere Elements. Just google video editing software and see what you prefer. Unfortunately, all software is expensive, but you can download a free trial of it to test it out.

Each software has a different method of speeding up the clip, so I can't really explain one way without knowing how the other works. I'm sorry if that does not help you. If you go through with it, I wish you good luck ;)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Windows Movie Maker will only speed up clips double their speed and there is no way to make a video run backwards in Windows Movie Maker.

A more advanced program may help. I personally use Sony Vegas 7.0. It gives you more control over the speed of the video and it will also make the video run backwards.

AnimeLover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
How Can I Understand When The Videos Are Backwards? I Can't Understand What They're Saying.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Backwards videos are super funny.  I made a couple awhile back.  Adobe Premier will allow you to do it pretty easily.  I've done 1 or 2 and I'm trying to post them on my website, but I've been a little busy lately.  I'll get them up there eventually.