The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Videos now on Dailymotion

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Having my account been disabled from YouTube, I've decided to move on and put them up at other places.  It shall start with what is probably the most obvious choice, Dailymotion.

Now, I will do my absolute best to ensure ZERO movies are put up there.  I'm not going to let popularity get the best of me this time around.  They shall be the same old song clips you saw before.  Nothing more, nothing less.

If things go well, I'll be doing more than you know for this account. (Even a few things I wanted to do on my YouTube Account before it got disabled.)

To check out my brand new Dailymotion profile, go here: http://www.dailymotion.com/pokeplayer984

Keep an eye out for the videos everyone!  They'll come before you know it.

See ya later!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, the very first video is officially on Dailymotion.  It is the "If We Hold On Together Music Video" that is on the special LBT Sing-Along VHS and DVD.

You can view it here: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/pokeplayer...ideo_shortfilms

Enjoy!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geez!  Talk about strict!  This is the thing coming to mind with Dailymotion now.

It is for either Fan made videos or clips you have permission to put up.  It is downright STRICT on this sort of thing.

It is SO strict, that I can't put up much else.  Yep, no song clips from me guys, sorry! :(

The ONLY other thing I've been able to post is my Unfaithful Video, which can be found here: http://www.dailymotion.com/user/pokeplayer...nfaithful_music

This place is TOO strict for my tastes.  So, moving on.

Next up, Yahoo! Video. :) (Already had an account there that I had forgotten about. :D)

So, I'll see ya later! :^.^:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 9 2009 on  09:27 AM
It is for either Fan made videos or clips you have permission to put up.
Where do they say that?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Aug 9 2009 on  07:38 AM
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 9 2009 on  09:27 AM
It is for either Fan made videos or clips you have permission to put up.
Where do they say that?
They don't!  However, it's become blatantly obvious by now that it's THAT strict.  I literally tried a video from EVERY movie, and none could go up.  Only if I have permission on those can I even dream of getting them up.

The ONLY reason the If We Hold On Together Music Video was able to be put up was because it looks like a fan made music video.  Bottom line.

I mean, just look at it?  Doesn't it look like something you could make yourself in a short amount of time, DH?  It sure does to me.

So unless I make my own fan made music videos and just slap on the music for each one, I can just forget about putting up videos on Dailymotion.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well if they don't say that they permit fan made videos, I don't think it's a good idea to just assume they do. I am sure I said this before, but just because it's up on the site doesn't mean it is permitted. That's like saying movies being uploaded onto torrents is fine just because a lot of people are doing it.

I have seen at least one case on Dailymotion where a fan made video was taken down due to copyright infringement. And I'm sure you'll run into the same copyright thing in pretty much all video hosting sites. Some sites may not notice the video as quickly as others, thus on some sites, a fan made video could stay up for a long time, giving the illusion the site administrators are permitting it. But once a copyright holder complains, whether for the song, video, or both, that video will go down, regardless of the site, unless the site is affiliated with that copyright holder.

Not trying to put a downer on you or anything; I just want to make it clear that, no matter which video hosting site you choose to upload to, you will always run the risk of having the video taken down if a copyright holder finds it, so don't be surprised if you keep running into these issues.

No offense intended or anything. I understand your frustration.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Dailymotion, you are hereby sucking in my eyes.  You go and remove my Ali is Unfaithful video I worked so hard on?  Not cool!

Moving on to Yahoo! Video, everyone.  Hopefully things will go better there.

Remember, this is only temporary until I make the official launch of my website.  I'm doing all I can to make it great in the end.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
To keep things up a tad longer, change your usename...I'm sure your common username is blacklisted.  If you're getting blocked a lot of places, someone's out there looking at the videos and has probably caught onto your name by now.

John, all you're doing is playing cat and mouse.  If you want to keep that up, fine, but its not the video site's fault that copyrighted stuff needs to be removed.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I really need to see the LBT movies. Almost all the LBT movies on youtube are deleted including the first :(. they also deleted some videos of small scenes of the first movie  <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you want to see them, you could always just buy the movies, perhaps online.