The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sharptooth Encounter Theme

Hypno · 23 · 2374

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
You get two choices if you're not sure which one is your favorite, as most of them are good. I made this poll since some of my favorite soundtrack themes are the sharptooth ones and I've never seen this kind of poll before :)

I pick "Sharptooth and the Earthquake" and "Snowball" as my two picks.

Edit: The multiple choice option didn't work, I could only pick one. Oh no, I couldn't pick "Sharptooth and the Earthquake"!
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I gotta say the first one from movie one. It was a pretty intense sense for a kids movie. The theme music was awesome when the T-Rex showed up. So I'll go with that one as my favorite.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What's your second favorite? Mine's Snowball.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
dammit
harptooth and Earthquake makes me chills, esecially in Sharptooth's stalking Cera and L-foot and earthquake parts...

nothing can beat this track.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry but there's no real competition for Sharptooth and the Earthquake. That track's just breathtaking, especially the hiding parts and the scene when Littlefoot and Cera are about to fall into the abyss with the sharptooth. Also, I have to say that my second favorite is the small part from Discovery of the Great Valley. I know I'm boring but I don't see the soundtrack of the original LBT as the best of all time for nothing.  :DD

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sovereign,Jun 12 2017 on  02:38 AM
Sorry but there's no real competition for Sharptooth and the Earthquake. That track's just breathtaking, especially the hiding parts and the scene when Littlefoot and Cera are about to fall into the abyss with the sharptooth. Also, I have to say that my second favorite is the small part from Discovery of the Great Valley. I know I'm boring but I don't see the soundtrack of the original LBT as the best of all time for nothing.  :DD
When I remember the Rescue/Discovery of the Great Valley portion I usually remember it from LBT 6 since it is used twice when the Allosaurus attacks in the redwood forest. What about the sequels? What Michael Tavera track (or the one Billy Martion track, Snowball) is your favorite?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, I'm not really sure. I'd probably go with the Swimming Sharptooth theme from the fifth film because it sounds a bit more menacing than many others and it suits the scene rather well. I also like the attack sequence music from the Great Valley Adventure.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I like those too. The Swimming Sharptooth theme is a theme that I'm glad was used again, like in XIV with the Featherhead Sharpteeth chase.

The music from LBT 2 is unavailable unfortunately so I have to listen to the movie to listen to the theme. It is definitely darker than the updated version for LBT 3 and 5. The updated one is more action packed-like.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah that there was very good and awesome. It had such a awesome melody to it

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Which one? Swimming Sharptooth or the other track?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The swimming Sharptooth sorry I for got to add that sentence.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I find Snowball is a good theme too. I think James Horner's score is the best, but Billy Martin did a very good job at composing additional music for the 8th film.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can agree with you on that movie 8 had some pretty nice Sharptooth background music also. I enjoyed listening to it quite a lot.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What about T-Rex? That was a good theme for LBT 10. Littlefoot's friends are wondering what's snoring, and it's the boulder next to them, but it's actually a SHARPTOOTH!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah that one was good also. Each sequel had actually good background music in each movie that had a T-Rex encounter,

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That one is actually pretty good. It sounds threatening and it has a decent enough feel to it. While by no means as good as Horner's score, it is a nice addition to the sharptooth themes. Is it just me or does 7, 8 and 10 have the overall best music of the sequels?

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd say so. "Escape"s nice too. I'm glad they used it when the fast biters attacked in the Great Valley in XI and when the Carnotaurus chased the kids in XIV.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I, too, like it as a song but I'd say it suits Pterano better than the sharpteeth. it does sound like an action piece but not severe enough for a massive predator like sharpteeth. It suits another kind of villain far better than them if you ask me. Even then, that piece has a nice melody and some rather cool ideas. As a piece of music, it is a good one. Even if they're not sharptooth pieces, some of my favorite sequel songs are Searching for Ducky, Blast off, Genesis from Big Freeze, Alone and the End Title from the tenth film as well as Together Someday.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, they are very good as well. "The Swamp" and "The Truth" are okay, but not as good as the others. Also, when you listen to the Swamp track, it sounds longer than in the actual movie. Maybe they cut out some Belly Dragger stuff?