The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

We're Back!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I have not seen a topic on this film yet, so I was wondering what y'all think of it.  Personally, I love it.  It gives a more light-hearted view on dinosaurs coming to the human world, a touch of sci fi is felt, and the dinosaurs are charming and lovable :^.^:.  I love threehorns, so Woog has a special place in my heart :wub:.  However, I am especially fond of Dweeb the duckbill :yes.  He totally reminds me of myself: very accident-prone, a bit nerdy and a total screwball :lol.  I don't believe many folks liked this film, but I love it.  It would be cool to write a crossover of the LBT gang and WB gang uniting and coming to the human world(hmm...ideas are already coming to me :lol)  What are your thoughts on it?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not seen the movie, I heard rumors they had made it into a movie.  I have read the e book though I don't remember it, I do recall enjoying the book & the dinosaur's personalities.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I've seen this movie a few times. I loved it when I was little. Lol, Dweeb was my favorite character. "Lunch? That's what you used to call me"  :lol: But I think I like Elsie now.

I am a little bothered by plant eaters eating hot dogs. It comes as odd to me.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does seem odd.  Why not have them eat something that makes more sense.  Though they could have had a maybe funny scene, if written right, where Rex likes the meat part of the hot dog, but not the toppings or bun, and his friends like the bun and the toppings but not the meat part.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, I remember enjoying this movie as a kid.  Haven't seen it in many, Many years now though!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
About all I remember is John Goodman as Rex and singing that one song in NYC.  I didn't even remember the names of the others.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've seen both the book and the movie, and both are pretty good.  My favorite characters in it are Rex and Elsa, and I still laugh at the awkward moments Rex had with Elsa.  I have the movie on VHS, so I'm not sure if there are any deleted scenes from it, but I noticed some hints that there may have been more in the movie that was cut out.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I never seen this film o.O..however I do want to rent it from Netflix. It looked like a pretty cute movie.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I never saw this whole movie. When I was little, I was too busy covering my eyes out of horror of what was to come next. Then, as an adult, I realized that Spielberg made it as a guilt-fest for having made an "mature" dinosaur movie that very year. Yeah, thanks for the trauma, Steven.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, I've seen We're Back, as a kid and adult. To this day I still like it. Not the best movie but still enertaining.