The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 47225

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 25, 2020, 04:09:16 PM
Poor Mister Stick is probably starving by now ;P

Indeed!
Mr. Stick hopes that behind the door in upper room there's kitchen with his deserved snack! Person who made this weird place must have built a kitchen with fridge of snacks!

Use the Keycard on the H-tech Safe, plz :> Maybe there's a nice snack in there!

Indeed, there's cardreader slot on H-tech safe front side! Mr. Stick tries to insert found keycard...

Damn! Keycard seems to fit perfectly to slot, but for some reason, cardreader doesn't want to eat his keycard.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mmmhhhh... Can the corners of the card fit in the screws at the bottom of the chest? Try to Unscrew the Chest.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 27, 2020, 02:24:47 AM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 27, 2020, 02:24:47 AM
Mmmhhhh... Can the corners of the card fit in the screws at the bottom of the chest? Try to Unscrew the Chest.

Mr. Stick tries so.

Unfortunatelly, screws' slots are too thin for card.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
On the H-tech safe, is there some sort of place where you can enter a number combination? If so, punch in 6, 3, 6 in order.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the H-tech safe, is there some sort of place where you can enter a number combination?

Mr. Stick is not sure. He decides to show H-tech closer for you.

On ts front side, there are seven buttons, three not-working displays, and two slots.

Logic says that displays in the middle, possibly, are used for showing code numbers, and buttons around them are for switching numbers. But displays doesn't show anything. Looks like safe is "turned off".

Also, safe has a door at the bottom side, but expectedly, it is locked.

<Don't forget to examine items and look at them closer!>

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it looks likes it’s turned off...but Mr. Stick hasn’t attempted to press any buttons. Hopefully numbers, so then the 636 number combination can be used.

If it still doesn’t work...perhaps the H-tech has a battery compartment? Show us every single side of that safe. If there’s one found, Mr. Stick could maybe use the batteries from his flashlight and insert it in there.

If all goes well and it powers on, then insert the key card in the slot. It should insert properly by then.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, it looks likes it’s turned off...but Mr. Stick hasn’t attempted to press any buttons. Hopefully numbers, so then the 636 number combination can be used.

If it still doesn’t work...perhaps the H-tech has a battery compartment? Show us every single side of that safe. If there’s one found, Mr. Stick could maybe use the batteries from his flashlight and insert it in there.

If all goes well and it powers on, then insert the key card in the slot. It should insert properly by then.

Only two sides of safe contain interesting stuff. Other sides are just empty metal walls. Mr. Stick tries to press buttons, but nothing happens.

As for flashlight and its batteries...

Mr. Stick tries to open flashlight and checks if he can take off batteries...

Yes! He can!

But...

Mr. Stick can't see where he can put such type of batteries. They doesn't fit for safe's left slot. With that, mr. Stick puts batteries back  to flashlight. Or should he keep them separatedly?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:35:13 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can you bring up Mr. Stick’s inventory again? I want to see everything he has on him right now. I say you should keep the batteries separate. I don’t see any need for him to use his flashlight anymore...at least not for now.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, if we're studying things anyway; have a closer look at the rod & the card, maybe knowing details we can see where those could go.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait a minute...I just realized something.

Mr. Stick takes long metal rod. It has a screw at the end.

It has a screw at the end... :bang

Use the metal rod to unscrew those bolts at the bottom of the chest! :chompysmile
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:54:56 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can you bring up Mr. Stick’s inventory again? I want to see everything he has on him right now. I say you should keep the batteries separate. I don’t see any need for him to use his flashlight anymore...at least not for now.

Mr. Stick currently has:

- big blank sheet of paper
- flashlight (without batteries)
- small paper with numbers on it
- long thin rubber tube
- keycard
- thin metal rod
- long metal stick with screw at the end
- H-tech portable safe (too heavy to carry for long time. Currently it is placed on metal chest in lower room)
- two small batteries (their energy is almost empty)

Quote from: Sleeping-force&#039;s-inside on March 28, 2020, 04:41:20 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on March 28, 2020, 04:41:20 PM
Well, if we're studying things anyway; have a closer look at the rod & the card, maybe knowing details we can see where those could go.

Mr. Stick examines  long metal rod and keycard more closely.

It has a screw at the end... :bang

Use the metal rod to unscrew those bolts at the bottom of the chest! :chompysmile

Unfortunatelly, it's screw, not screwdriwer's tip.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you for the inventory check. :)

Aha! Mr. Stick didn’t realize he was inserting the key card in the wrong way. Try again, except this time with the arrows facing the direction of the slot.

(If you looked closely in the original picture where Mr. Stick tried inserting the key card, you may notice some tiny black lines that point away from the slot.)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
<Nice catch! ;)>

Aha! Mr. Stick didn’t realize he was inserting the key card in the wrong way. Try again, except this time with the arrows facing the direction of the slot.

(If you looked closely in the original picture where Mr. Stick tried inserting the key card, you may notice some tiny black lines that point away from the slot.)

Worth to try.
Mr. Stick tries to insert keycard again, in all four possible variantions, but... no results. Alas.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:26:11 PM by Sneak »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...the metal rod with the screw at the end has another use perhaps.

Push the metal rod in the button as far as Mr. Stick can go. Make sure the screw side of the rod goes in first, and maybe it'd latch in and keep the button pushed?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Push the metal rod in the button as far as Mr. Stick can go. Make sure the screw side of the rod goes in first, and maybe it'd latch in and keep the button pushed?

Mr. Stick goes to weird wall button, and uses long rod on it.

Rod disappears in the wall more and more, and button continues to move as well...
What a weird but...!

!!!

Suddenly, button stopped move, reaching its limit, and *click * sound could be heard.
Mr. Stick takes rod out from the hole, and...

Button threw out some tiny item...
Mr. Stick picks it up.

It is some strange tool.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Examine the new tool closer. What could it’s purpose be? :thinking

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Examine the new tool closer. What could it’s purpose be? :thinking

Mr. Stick does so.

It looks like weird screwdriver. With two different tips of different length.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First, use the circular tip of the screwdriver to unscrew those screws at the bottom of the chest. It should work. If not for some reason, then move on to the next tip.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:35:33 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
First, use the circular tip of the screwdriver to unscrew those screws at the bottom of the chest. It should work. If not for some reason, then move on to the next tip.

Mr. Stick hopes this tool would unscrew small metal plate at the bottom of chest.
And minute later, all four screws are unscrewed!

Something was hidden under the plate.
From the first look, it is some kind of small battery.

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Try placing the battery into the safe's battery opening