The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Stick adventure (chapter 1)

Sneak · 451 · 47201

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 09, 2022, 04:48:21 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 09, 2022, 04:48:21 PM
Set the box on its side and stand on it for a height boost? Then check the higher-up areas of the walls now that you're taller

Mr. Stick places the metal box vertically, but...

Mr. Stick will tell you a secret...
He's kinda afraid of heights and falling from height.  And vertically placed box looks very unsafe to stand on it!

He still can place it horizontally and stand on it though. But in this case:
- It will not grant too much height
- He's not sure if there's something hidden in the walls or ceiling. Or did you notice some suspicious place that he should check? If so, then can you show this place to mr. Stick?

And for the last: mr. Stick is still sure that he already checked everything, and now he just need to find a way to open the box with items or objects that already are in his possession.

Has that very small hole behind Mr. Stick been checked already? if it hasn't, can he try and peek in it?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has that very small hole behind Mr. Stick been checked already? if it hasn't, can he try and peek in it?

Yes, it was. That's where mr. Stick obtained keycard. If you mean square floor hole.
If you mean small round hole in the wall - it was checked too. It's place for inserting thin metal rod.

Mr. Stick is sure he should continue to eliminate room objects in his inside-mind picture-map of both rooms. He's sure he already found or checked everything. He need to open metal box.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 03:41:11 PM by Sneak »

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Can I see what's behind the door? Nothing seems important here.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can I see what's behind the door? Nothing seems important here.

What's behind a door...
That's what mr. Stick desires to know...

He peeks through door's keyhole again.

Nothing new. He can't see anything besides floor and walls of some lit room.

But he hopes there's freedom behind the door. He only has to open it...

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on January 24, 2022, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on January 24, 2022, 04:41:43 PM
Should we remove the red-handled tool? After stabbing the grey box with it repeatedly to ensure it doesn't slot into any of the holes

Mr. Stick can't see how he can use weird red-handled tool on the metal box, so he eliminates it.

And so, inventory is empty, not counting this stupid unbreakable box. Only room objects remained.

What do we have here? What can we use?..

<Now be very careful with next eliminations. Think twice before remove anything, remember what this object does, what it did before, what it is capable of.>

How about we delete the wall panel, the exit door, the two holes in the wall, and the bottom floor? Mr Stick's already tried to use the metal box on all of them without effect

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on February 10, 2022, 06:19:44 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 10, 2022, 06:19:44 PM
How about we delete the wall panel, the exit door, the two holes in the wall, and the bottom floor? Mr Stick's already tried to use the metal box on all of them without effect

Mr. Stick removes door, two wall holes, and bottom floor.

By "wall panel" you mean wall cache?
Let's picture it...

Should he remove anything specific, or everything?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Everything, I guess. If the box don’t fit, you must acquit

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on February 14, 2022, 04:27:41 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 14, 2022, 04:27:41 AM
Everything, I guess. If the box don’t fit, you must acquit

Yes, box doesn't fit. So it's not like there's secret mechanism inside cache that cuts the box open when you inserts it inside, or something like that...

Ok, Mr. Stick removes cache and all its elements inside.

What do we have here?..

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I coulda swore we tried it before, but stick the box in the hole in the floor?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on February 14, 2022, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 14, 2022, 03:54:15 PM
I coulda swore we tried it before, but stick the box in the hole in the floor?
Nothing, except that pass down the ladder.

By hole you meant passage between rooms, right?

Mr. Stick remembers he dropped metal box down the shaft once, and box didn't take any damage after impact.

He sticks the box in passage without dropping it.

...nothing happens. Now he knows there's no secret mechanism that activates when he simply places the box inside (when he places it at very the top side of the passage, at least), with the box being outside his inventory, at the moment when he doesn't pass through the passage.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on February 16, 2022, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 16, 2022, 02:04:59 AM
Drop the box, coward

Mr. Stick is not a coward!!!

TAKE THAT, STUPIC BOX!!!

Not a scartch.

Mr. Stick has a deja vu....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 07:04:46 PM by Sneak »

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm, that cardboard box is in the first and last pictures, but not the middle one. A mistake, perhaps?

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, that cardboard box is in the first and last pictures, but not the middle one. A mistake, perhaps?

<Yes. Thanks! Fixed>

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yes, box doesn't fit. So it's not like there's secret mechanism inside cache that cuts the box open when you inserts it inside, or something like that...

Ok, Mr. Stick removes cache and all its elements inside.

What do we have here?..

So if I'm not mistaken, we've elminated every single thing in the room except the box itself. I'm just not seeing a solution to a puzzle with nothing left to puzzle over. At this point our best bet is to idle for 5 years until the box rusts itself open.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&amp;Tomato) on February 20, 2022, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on February 20, 2022, 08:01:38 PM
So if I'm not mistaken, we've elminated every single thing in the room except the box itself. I'm just not seeing a solution to a puzzle with nothing left to puzzle over. At this point our best bet is to idle for 5 years until the box rusts itself open.

Mr. Stick is so tired, being stuck here, so his imagination goes wild...

NO!!!

Mr. Stick is sure there's quick solution to this puzzle! He's sure he already discovered and examined everything in these rooms, he should only find one single helpful thing, one simple method...
He eliminated everything from picture inside his mind. Seems he missed something... Something he forgot...

<Sigh, I thought someone would find a solution, especially when you removed the most of unnecessary items and objects for this puzzle. But you still missing something.
Hmm, let's say... Check my previous posts where you eliminated items from rooms no longer than five such posts ago. (Starting from https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974.msg531523#msg531523). Answer is somewhere there... If you still can't find it - I think you should, again, reread previous posts in this game where these remaining objects were found/used somehow. After this, I'm sure you will be able to find the solution.
Good luck.>