The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who would win....

raga · 9 · 952

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is an argument I'm having with a friend.  She is going to a college whos mascot is a lion, while, for those of you who don't know, I'm going to attend Cornell whos mascot is a grizzly bear.  So who do you think would win in a one on one fight?  The grizzly bear or the lion?  Personally, I think the bear would own.

Edit: Ya, probably overreacting a little bit, stay on topic

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Mar 31 2009 on  06:52 PM
P.S. I respect watership down and everything, even though I have never seen it, but PLEASE let this be an april fool's joke!
raga, chill, it's cool. :p On April 2nd, it'll all be back to normal. ;)

EDIT: Not to go off-topic, sorry. :oops :p

EDIT 2: I have no idea who would win in a fight, since the subject matter is based upon theory and speculation. :p Heh, no offense. ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow I completely fell for that April Fool's joke :bang  At least, I hope it is, which it probably is.

Anyway, to get on topic, each one has their strengths. The grizzly bear has strength, but the lion has speed. I would have to say a draw, but that's my opinion. Sorry :lol:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say the grizzly bear *hides for rotten tomatoes*.... What! I know bears can be stronger than lions :p

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Mar 31 2009 on  08:42 PM
*hides for rotten tomatoes*
LOL! xD :lol
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oh, the Grizzly Bear, no doubt. The only way a lion would win is if it had its pride to back it up. Grizzly bears get freaking massive!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't know if you are referring to the people in the mascot costumes or the species so I'll answer both.

If you are referring to people then it really depends on their strength.

If you are referring to the bear and lion animal species then the bear would win.  

Slightly related to this:  Did you know that King James I of England queried the same question?  

He was obsessed with lions and so one day, put a lion and a bear in a cage area to see which one of them would fight.  The lion slunked off, the bear remained.  Bear-1 Lion-0.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait, raga, you go to Cornell?

I know, really off topic.