The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Circus

DualXz

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Since the beggining of friday, the circus as settled on a big terrain behind my house.
They are only here for this week-end, I always liked the circus, but unfortunalety, during this time, I had to study and I could't go, and just like 10m ago, they started singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from Lion King, and I just thought "awwww, that could be me aplauding :p  <_<  :( ) ", it was probably amazing, and me stuck here studing, well, there's probably next year...
This just gave me a big Anxiety to go watch Lion king  :^.^:

How about you guys, do you like the Circus?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Haven't been to a circus show in years (and i do mean years when I say that! :p ).  I'd assume I'd still like them, but things change as you do.  I'm all for supporting people good at what they do...if they were good, I'd applaud for sure.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've the circus the few times I went before, but the least time was a few decades ago.  I hope you can go soon.

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I like the circus but I don,t like then the circus is staying adjacent of my house.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Last time I went to a circus I was like five or six years old. Somehow I never got around to go to a circus again even though I like them IF it is ensured that no cruel methods on animals (or people for that matter) are used to realize the show.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same with me.  I will not attend a circus unless there is proof the animals are bein' treated humanely.  I saw a sad documentary on circus elephants last year, and I could never look at the circus the same after that :cry.  I have not been to the circus since I was a little kid, and now I'm discouraged from attending unless I know the animals are treated right.  If I ever have kids, I will not take them unless, again, I know the animals are treated humanely.  If the circus only featured human stunts and was free of any animal activity or stunts, I would feel more comfortable attending the circus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I never liked circuses myself. :p I don't think clowns are funny at all. They used to scare me when I was a kid....and they kind of still do now... :p

I sometimes go to Circus de Soleil, it's just a place full of performers and NO animals. So there's absolutely NO way for animals to be mistreated.

I haven't heard of any circuses that DIDN'T treat their animals cruelly. If anyone can show me something where animals have been treated well in circuses, I would be happy. :yes

I've also seen Cavalia, but that's not really a circus. Still it's a BEAUTIFUL show with people and horses and the horses really don't seem to be mistreated at all. ^^

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Last time I went to a circus I was seven or eight.  Although there is a advertisment currently for Circus Monte around here...I'd doubt we will see it as we've grown out of it.  Whilst there are some circuses that don't mistreat their animals, the animals are better off in their own habitat without preforming tricks for people's entertainment.