The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who's the father of Ducky's new siblings?!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's a random thought about LBT 14 that just... popped up in my mind...

How does Ducky's mother keep laying those eggs despite not having a mate we know of? :lol

I mean, we see a swimmer in LBT 2 and 5 that "could" be Ducky's father but there never was a consensus of us fans about that. And LBT 14 is quite a bit after the events of LBT 5... I wonder what Ducky would think of her mother mating with other swimmers who don't stick around to raise their children (oh, where are her other 100 siblings in that movie btw? :DD)

Yeah, probably more of a less serious thread but I thought it'd be fun to speculate as well as have fun trying to imagine the kind of talk that Ducky would be having with her mother (Mommy, where do the eggs come from?)  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol
as you remember, one of "minuses" I gave to LBT14 was comment about poor Ducky's mother who keeps to produce new members of big swimmers family.

Since they managed to "forget" Shorty, I don't think they thought too much about Ducky's new/old father.

Full number of Petrie's and Ducky's siblings, Fate of Ducky's father(s) and Cera's family except Topps - are forever questions.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Edited.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the LBT series creators aren't exactly known to be consistent with characters and storylines :rolleyes:.

Aside from that, I think it's just a budgeting issue.  They don't want to pay for extra VO services.  Haven't y'all noticed that, in the last couple of films, most of the adult characters have gotten very few, if any, speaking lines?

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's likely that Ducky's family aren't the only swimmers in the Valley so it's completely possible that Ducky's mom has found a new mate. As for his absence, I agree that Universal just didn't want to hire another VA, even if this state of affairs is a bit awkward, especially as the scene didn't contribute to the plot.

I have to disagree about the amount of adult speaking roles. After all, large parts of LBT 11 and 12 was about Topsy/Tria romance and Grandpa even had a song (If Only) in the former. As for JOTB, the adults actually spoke quite a lot.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I agree the later movies seemed rushed and they look cheaply made. It's sad that they're doing this. And the voice actors don't talk much at all. It's horrible to see that. They should've let them talk more. They can afford it but they want to go the cheap route and not pay for it.