The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Season 2

Jasper · 217 · 26918

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I never cared for the TV Series but I watched it any how but if something does happen than I'd see it. And they did not close there studio for good. They made Despicable Me last year and they're making the sequel. So they haven't closed there doors completely yet.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I don't think it's very likely considering how many years it's been, but I'm not intending to crush anyone's spirits here... I actually kind of like the T.V. series, and if there was a season 2, here are a couple of characters I'd like to see return;

1. Ozzy

2. Strut

3. Pterano

4. Rinkus

5. Sierra

But, you probably could've guessed this by just looking at my avi! :lol

If I remember right, I think Petrie actually referenced his uncle a couple of times in some of the episodes, but Pterano's still a character I'd like to see again, nonetheless.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't know. :unsure:

Just two months after the last episode aired it was completely pulled off the air in North America, which isn't a good sign.

I'd say the series---which lasted just 26 short episodes---is long dead...

...if not for one thing.

The hypothetica episode with Ozzy and Strut. A rumor? Possibly. An episode immediately pulled from syndication by Universal after being aired in a few countries because they're keeping us in anticipation of what's to come...?

...Possibly.

Time will tell.  :smile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'd say time has already closed the book on this one, and good riddance. It was as just, if not worse than LBT13.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I disagree about the quality concerning parts of the TV series kind of a placable conclusion after the extremely bad quality of some of the later sequels. With regard to the likelihood of a second season I pretty much agree though that at the current state of things it is out of question.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I don't understand why you keep defending this mess. What was so good about it?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Why does it bother you?
It is my opinion that the TV series was better than many people say and it is also my opinion that LBT 10 was an awful lot worse than many people say. Your opinion, my opinion, both have the right to be voiced. Let's agree to disagree on the quality of the TV series but agree that we both may state our opinion.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for your question on what was so good about it, I wrote in another thread about the positive aspects of the series.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Because the show's a piece of crap and I'd rather LBT's carcass be left to rot. It already lost all of it's dignity, so the hole it's been dug into can only get deeper.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Your opinion is noted WeirdRaptor and everyone is free to agree with your view, but don't try to deny that same freedom with regard to other views of other people.
There is no point in not agreeing to disagree on our liking or not liking of the TV series.
If you want a discussion on the series you can post the specific arguments for your view same as I posted mine. No problem with that.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
When I did that, you yelled at me. You got real pissed because I didn't like that this show turned Petrie into a religious fanatic.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Everyone has their own opinions. I, however, have never even seen the TV series. Having said that, while I think it's okay to not like the TV series itself or even to have a strong opinion about it, I don't think it's okay to call OTHERS out just because their opinion is totally different. Malte here dislikes LBT 10, which is actually my favorite, yet I don't mind.  :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

I dislike LBT 10 too, Malte.

Anyways, why was it never officially announced that the series was canned?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
When I did that, you yelled at me.
When did I ever yell at you? Please show me where I did so I can see if I owe you an apology or if maybe you are just interpreting my words of an older thread in much harsher a manner as they were intended.
Anyways, why was it never officially announced that the series was canned?
I suppose that would be because it was not "canned" as in being aborted. For all we know they had one season greenlighted and one season they did. I suppose if the tv-series had been an unexpted commercial success they might have continued, but it was not. They closed the office in charge of the LBT movies but these are internal affairs for the studio I suppose and there is no reason for them to announce to the world that they are not going to make any further LBT movies. In theory they might continue making LBT movies some day (that is extremely unlikely) and in case there ever was such a decision they wouldn't be bothered by any earlier official "declaration of discontinuation of LBT movies". ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alght, I was mistaken. Sorry about that. I was remembering our disagreement about The Bright Circle Celebration differently from how it happened.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
To throw this out I did like the TV series. As for whether there will be a Season 2 or even a fourteenth movie, that answer will be up in the air at this point unless someone from the production of the series comes on here and literally tells us (something that is not impossible I might add, I'll explain that another time).

We have to remember something. The show nor the series in general have NEVER been official cancelled as it is on hiatus now. We may think it is, but it never was announced the series was ever cancelled. Universal just closed the office.

We have to keep that in mind. We also have to keep in mind that someone could pick up the series instead of Universal itself. I don't know if that has ever been discussed before, but it is something to think about.

Bruton the Iguanodon

What was so good about it?

There was one salvation to it.

From a completely unrelated topic about Pterano:

What is it with Pterano that makes some of our users so obsessed with him? He appeared in one movie as an antagonist, and was never heard from again. He was even passed by on the TV Show, which seemed to bring back every character it could think of.

Really, in 26 short episodes they brought back a grad total of 16 one-off sequel characters. They could have forgotten them all (well, except for Tricia, obviously)! OK, so they screwed Ali up. Still, they took it upon themselves to bring almost everyone back. It was almost like they knew the franchise was nearing the end and were saying goodbye to these characters!  :cry

And if that rumor we got a while back is true...Ozzy and Strut should have shown up as well!