The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A trex hand puppet from original lbt release?

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Found it ducky and petrie at a yardsale today (they are now my 1 year old nephews heh)
But i never seen the trex before and did not even know one was made. I knew of the 5 main chars ducky petrie spike little foot and cera but had not seen the trex before. Im like wait a secound thats the trex from lbt 1. Was a suprise find. They were buck a peice.

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
whoa, cool dude. can you take a picture of it and post it some time?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Later this morning I'll try and get one.  I have all six of those rubber puppet things.  Actually the last one I got was Ducky; found her at a yardsale many years ago.

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Megatoph,May 20 2007 on  12:04 AM
whoa, cool dude. can you take a picture of it and post it some time?
No camera and is at sisters place any how. Hand is weird looking no defenition between claws and wrist.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Got ya a picture of the Gang of Six in this case.  Don't know why they colored Petrie like they did.  :x

novaflare

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,May 20 2007 on  07:27 PM
Got ya a picture of the Gang of Six in this case.  Don't know why they colored Petrie like they did.  :x

heh yeh i know.
But i think i know why.
Think of it this way during creation of pretty much any thing you have a few stages in the proccess.
step 1 is the idea
step 2 is conceptialisign the idea includeing basic black and white ruff sketches
step 3 is refining the concept drawings often adding color to the black and whites.
During this stage youll probably have hal a dozen or more colors for different aspects.
LBT was ment to be a dark film its quite possible that one of the favs for petrie is the color we see now. But because his coloring was to bright and chearful agaisnt the stark dark bgs they changed it to the more earthy muted tones we are use to. But sence its possible that this petrie as seen in the pupet was a early first choice and because the pupets were a promo for the film that it was a late change to current petrie colors. To late to change the puppet as it was already finished and ready to ship or shipped.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I've got the Cera and Ducky ones but never been able to find the others.  :(