The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sleep and Remember

Ratiasu · 411 · 40184

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga walked over to Strafe, nuzzled her on the neck, and said, "Everything is going to be alright, Strafe."
He looked up at the mountains, and as bold as Kaga was, even he shuddered at the sight of the volcanos ahead.  He joined the others as they began to make their way toward the burning mountains.  The further they went, the harder and rockier the terrain became.  The iguanodon pressed onward, following Snork and Strafe and the others.
"Keep your eyes peeled."  He warned.  "Sometimes these lava rocks are still hot."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail despite being a flyer, was having fun jumping from rock to rock as the terrain became harder and rougher. He then said "Come on you guys this isn't so bad, I'm having fun!" For one reason or another Longtail was just naturally excited and he couldn't hide it at all.

Hunter on the other hand was stock and quiet as she jumped and dodged the rocks that were hot and several of those that were still on fire. She moaned as she stubbed her foot on a rock, and looked down and sighed as she said "This place stinks! I want to get through here as soon as possible!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante stood next to Hunter, Longtail a short distance ahead of them.
"Well, look at it this way Hunter.  As soon as we get past here, we're that much closer to the Valley, right?"
Then he leaned in closer to her, whispering...
"You sure you're doing ok? If you want me too, I can... help you out..."

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe simply avoided the rocks altogther.  The ground between them was much cooler and not as rough on her feet.  As she strode along, she could imagine herself and Kaga in the lush valley with a family of their own.  Strafe sighed and continued onward.  After a few hours of walking, Snork and Strafe found themselves in the shadow of a large volcano.  Lava flows ran along either side of the path and the ground shook from time to time as a nearby volcano erupted.  

It didn't look like there was any danger of the lava running onto the path, but just the same, Snork shouted to the others, "Let's pick up the pace!  I know you're tired, but I don't want to get stuck here with nowhere to go!"  

Strafe slowed down to walk with the others.  She wanted to be sure that they could keep up.
"If any of you ned to rest fro a bit, I can carry you on my back." she said to them."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled at Dante as she listened to him speak and then whispered in his ear "Don't worry if I need help, you'll be the first one I...ask." She then felt a blush creep up on her face. She then asked "I wonder how much longer we have to go to get though this?" She then stubbed her toe on another rock and she gritted her teeth in pain, as the small wound began to bleed.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Hmmm...Really can't say for sure, but..."
Dante turned around at this, and started, saying...
"You're hurt!  Let me take care of that wound for you, Hunter..."

Grievous55

• Chomper
    • View Profile
"There's no time," said Sy, who was backing the group. "Just keep the wound off the lava rocks so you don't get anything jabbed into it and stuck there. I want to get out of this place as soon as possible."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Alright Hunter.  Here.  Take my hand. I'll let you lean on me, if that'll help keep your wound off the ground."
Dante said, offering his hand to Hunter and smiling...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter smiled and said "Well thank you Dante...how...nice." She then put her injured foot on Dante's shoulder, and blushed as they continued to walk on.

Longtail being ahead of the others stopped when he thought he flet the earth shaking, but where they were...it wasn't that unusual. So he shrugged it off and kept jumping from rock to rock.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smiled at Hunter, a deep blush crossing over his features as he did.  
"You-You're very welcome, Hunter."
Mentally he was trying to figure out why he hadn't said what he was really thinking, which was to tell her that he really liked her.
When the ground shook, he noticed, quickly looking at the others and asking...
"Did anyone else feel that?"

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe watched the others to see if everything was alright.  This was a place where teamwork would be vital to survival.  She glanced up at a nearby volcano which was shooting a fountain of red hot lava high into the air.  The iguanodon suddenly noticed the ground moving beneath her feet.  Strafe quickly stepped to her right as the ground began to separate beneath her feet.  She leaped to the right and ground she had been on seconds before sank into a pit of lava.  
Come on!  Run!" Strafe shouted to the others behind her.  
Several red hot embers rained down on the ground and Strafe quickly leped over them.  The sharp, rough rocks ground into her feet as she landed.  Ignoring the pain, she turned to the left as another chunk of rock broke off and sank into the lava.  She stopped and turned around to see if the others were alright.  They seemed to be making their way along just fine so she turned to continue.  THe ground stopped shaking and everything settled down.
As the others caught up, Strafe panted, "Let's hope we don't have to do that again."

Snork, who was in front of the group, spotted several large vents with foul smelling steam coming out of them.  He became dizzy as he inhaled it and decided to avoid that area.  The swimmer turned and rejoined the others.
"Let's stay away from those holes.  I think the air is poisoned over there."

Strafe nodded in agreement and the began to take another path that led between two volcanoes.  
Snork said to Strafe, "The sooner we put this place behind us, the better.  It looks like there is no food or water here at all."

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
As the ground began to shake, Kaga began to watch out fro danger.  He saw where a section of the ground had falled into an underground cave filled with lava.  A shower of hot embers almost landed on his back and it was only beause he took shelter under an overhang that he wasn't burned.
"I hate this place!" He shouted to himself.
Then Kaga ran onward, rejoining the others.  After a few minutes, the shaking seemed to end.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, this is a royal pain in the tail!"
Dante said as he followed the others, with Hunter supported on his shoulder.
"Let's keep moving. We don't wanna be here any longer than we have to."
He concluded...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail wasn't prepared for the ground to continue shaking like it did, and in a moment he was thrown high into the air, by a gust of hot air from under his wings, and in response he screamed...but unfortunately the steam didn't stop for quite some time, and when Longtail was able to a straight current under his wings he looked up to see he had a panoramic view of all the mountains that burned....and he frowned when he saw this. "This is bad."

Hunter while still being supported by Dante said "Ya know...I'd have to agree with you...this is kinda stupid...but hey wheres the fun in being safe the whole journey." She then let herself down and despite the pain she felt she ran ahead and turned to Dante and said "Come on slowpoke, you'll get left behind, we have to keep moving."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"A-are you sure you're ok, Hunter?"
Dante asked, a little disappointed that he wasn't in contact with Hunter anymore...
He ran up to her, smiling a little though, as he said...
"'Cause if you're not, I think I could give you a ride if you'd like..."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hunter looked at Dante for a moment and blushed as she replied "You...would carry me? Well...I-I don't know what to say..." She looked down for a moment and then looked back up at Dante and said "Now Dante what kind of self repescting sharptooth would I be if I let another sharptooth carry me..." She then smiled and said "Maybe some other time, when we aren't pressed for danger." At that she looked around for a moment and asked everyone "Hey guys...wheres the flyer?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante smirked, looked at Hunter, and replied...
"Well, I'm gonna keep you to that!  And yeah, where did Longtail go?"
He turned his eyes skywards, looking for his friend, but saw nothing.  He called Longtail's name, hoping to hear some response...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Strafe looked around as she walked along.  Something was watching her from behind a rock.  She saw another one duck dow behind a rock on a ledge above her.  She picked up the pace, fearing it was a fast biter watching her.  Suddenly, a black form leaped from the shadows at her and clamped onto her side.  She flung the fast biter off and dispatched it with a quick swing of her tail.  More jumped out but they didn't seem to be after her.  They were heading straight for Dante and Hunter.  

Strafe yelled to them, "Dante!  Hunter!  Look out!"
She then yelled, "Snork!  Kaga!  Hurry!"
Snork rushed over and asked, "What's going on?  I can't find Longtail anywhere."
"Fast Biters!" Strafe replied, and took off after the raptors to help her friends.
Snork growled, "Wait for me!"

(OCC: Alright, who wants to throw some goons around?)

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kaga dashed at the raptors but two more jumped in his path.  He backhanded one and kicked the other aside.  Three more fast biters surrounded him.  
Kaga knocked one aside with his tail and shouted, "Dante, do something!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Alright, Kaga!  Here goes!"
Dante lunged forwards, driving an elbow into one of the fastbiter's chests, then spun around and delivered a fierce kick to it, launcing it into another pair.
"Heh. How's that for fun, Hunter?"
He grinned manically as he leapt over another fastbiter, driving his heel into the back of it's head, slamming ti face-first onto the ground...