The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Were the "rainbow faces" angels?

jonk012 · 10 · 1857

jonk012

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Beings that are obviously disguised. The most common answer out there is that they were aliens

But think about it, look how they showed genuine care for littlefoot and his friends.
Would a so-called "alien" species even give a crap about them?

And it kinda gives it away in their song "You are a part of the creation"

And take a look at the beam, it's shimmering. Now i've seen plenty of alien movies. I haven't seen a tractor beam that shimmers and sparkles like that.

Also, you can still hear their voices singing after they leave.

Now as a believer of the lord and jesus christ as my lord and savior i choose to believe that they were angels.

What do you think

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think it's left open for a reason. Every viewer is left to make his or her subjective conclusions based on what they see. For you, elements about them seemed divine, suggesting that they were angels. Many people assume they're aliens, focusing on the teleportation we see at the end, and the glowing object moving through the sky shortly after, heavily implied to be a ship. Still others like myself postulate that they may even be advanced humans, given their knowledge of how Earth specifically works. I don't see there actually being a wrong answer here. Rainbowfaces are mysterious creatures, and we may never know their canonical origins. But it's always fun form our own opinions.

DaveTheAnalyzer

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://davetheanalyzer.dreamwidth.org
I wouldn't say a visiting alien species wouldn't give a crud about the gang but you're right this is open to interpretation. Even if they are angels, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they're science-y.

Though I'm kinda of the opinion that just because the two primary Rainbow Faces of the series were aliens/angels/etc, it doesn't all Rainbow Faces are like that. I'm of the opinion those two donned some holographic/morphic disguise. That does lead to the amusing mental image of one of these Foreign Visitors scrolling through species disguises while (singular they) their compatriots keep telling them its the wrong one, climaxing with:

"How does this look?"

"Dang it, that's a fast biter, the leaf eaters will run from you screaming if you approach them like that!"

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: jonk012,Jan 9 2017 on  11:32 PM
And it kinda gives it away in their song "You are a part of the creation"

And take a look at the beam, it's shimmering. Now i've seen plenty of alien movies. I haven't seen a tractor beam that shimmers and sparkles like that.

Also, you can still hear their voices singing after they leave.

Now as a believer of the lord and jesus christ as my lord and savior i choose to believe that they were angels.
It could be that they weren't disguising themselves at all. Maybe they ARE what we would call sapient and technologically advanced dinosaurs. They just seeded the planet with their own DNA or something, hence the "creation" remark. It would also explain why they would be reluctant to openly assist the gang, but still feel some kind of companionship with the little dinos. :)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Jan 9 2017 on  02:39 PM
It could be that they weren't disguising themselves at all. Maybe they ARE what we would call sapient and technologically advanced dinosaurs. They just seeded the planet with their own DNA or something, hence the "creation" remark. It would also explain why they would be reluctant to openly assist the gang, but still feel some kind of companionship with the little dinos. :)
That could actually be it. That would explain why we see rainbow faces as background characters in future installments. I've heard a number of theories about them, and I always go back to the one that they're aliens, but that one is a pretty good one. Maybe both are true and they're aliens who seeded their DNA on Earth.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Imagine a movie entitled "Land Before Time: Beyond The Mysterious Beyond". It would have the rainbow faces showing Littlefoot and his friends whats beyond the mysterious beyond. They would also reveal what they truly are. Dont'cha think?

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 15 2017 on  11:15 AM
Imagine a movie entitled "Land Before Time: Beyond The Mysterious Beyond". It would have the rainbow faces showing Littlefoot and his friends whats beyond the mysterious beyond. They would also reveal what they truly are. Dont'cha think?
That would be really cool! Maybe someone can do that as a fanfic.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot505,Oct 15 2017 on  12:38 PM
Yes. Say maybe I'll make one.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 15 2017 on  11:40 AM
Cool! I would but I'm busy as heck writing college papers  :bang . I haven't read or written any LBT fanfic yet!!

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot505,Oct 15 2017 on  12:44 PM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 15 2017 on  11:40 AM
Cool! I would but I'm busy as heck writing college papers  :bang . I haven't read any LBT fanfic yet.
Okay. I'll see what comes to my mind to make this a fanfic.