The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Roger Ebert

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm sure most have you have heard by now that famed film critic Roger Ebert has passed away after a long fight with cancer. Roger's reviews helped steer people towards a lot of great movies and his passing is a blow to the entire film community, including our own. His and Siskel's 'two thumbs up'  of the Land Before Time helped give it an edge over it's competitor at the time, Oliver and Company, and the first film might not have been so wildly popular without his review. Please share how his reviews may have helped you discover some great movies, or comment on this legendary man's life

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
By the way, I realize this would have been better off in the arts forum. My bad.  :oops

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I heard this news very recently (as in, 15 minutes ago) and was just about to start this topic 'til you beat me to it.

Anyways, he was a great movie critic, even during his battle with cancer and the loss of his voice. He had reviewed many movies in the past with his partner, Gene Siskel, giving two thumbs up on many of them.

Two days before his death, he wrote an entry in his journal, entitled 'A Leave of Presence', which you can read here.

May he rest in peace.  :cry

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Damn. Well, I can't say this is unexpected, but it's sad to see such a long time critic pass on.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The legendary film critic Roger Ebert has died at the age of 70.  I had heard that he wasn't doing to good lately. http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-...0,7121655.story

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Merged two topics about his death.

Even though I know little of this man, may he rest in peace.

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
R.I.P Roger Ebert. Now he can finally be reunited with Gene Siskel in the world beyond. And so ends one of the greatest duos in film history. :cry

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Oh no. Our dear Roger Ebert passed away due to cancer. :cry
RIP Roger Ebert 1942-2013 :cry
He died before his 71st birthday. :cry
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe