The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top Ten LBT Songs

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pretty basic.  What are your top ten LBT songs?  Number 1 being the best of the best.

Here's my list:

10. If Only
9. Girls and Dads
8. Lone Dinosaur
7. Kids Like Us
6. It Takes All Sorts
5. Always There
4. Family
3. If We Hold On Together
2. No One Has to be Alone
1. Bestest Friends

I had quite some hard choices.  Note that those that are not on the list doesn't mean that I don't like them.  I happen to like all of the songs to some degree.  It's just that some didn't make the list.

Well, what are your top ten LBT songs?

Remember, the list MUST go with 1 being the best of the best. :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
WR's List:

10. When You're Big (hey it has a catchy tune)
9. Family
8. Girls and Dads
7. I Don't Need You (That song Itchy and Dil were singing, its humorous)
6. Kids Like Us
5. Always There
4. Peaceful Valley
3. It Takes All Sorts
2. Bestest of Friends
1. If We Hold on Together (the original is always the best if you ask me)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
7. I Don't Need You (That song Itchy and Dil were singing, its humorous)
*snicker* :lol  I was wondering if somebody would put this song on their Top 10! :p
BTW, if you're interested, the true title of that song is "Who Needs You?" according to the LBT 4 end credits.

Hmm...that's a good question!  I'm going to say:

10. Kids Like Us: A basic, simple, pleasant song that leads nicely to the climax and conclusion of the film.  The melody is simple and easy to hum along to.

9. Big Water: This song has a very unique sound, similar in style only to When You're Big from LBT 3 (even that comparison is somewhat vague).  Big Water, however, despite its odd lyrics, is quite memorable to me because of its unique melody and style.  I give this one credit for not fearing to do something a little different.  I wonder how it would work as a MIDI...

8. Peaceful Valley: This song proved to be a fantastic opening to one of the best LBT sequels ever made, in my opinion.  It also translated very, Very nicely into a MIDI file, which made me happy. :P:

7. Adventuring: A very fast-paced song (at 161 beats per minute.  I can prove this if you want, LOL) which just can't help but be catchy.  It also made for a very energetic MIDI file! :D hehe

6. No One Has To Be Alone: This song, however short and few melodic lines, is very pleasant, yet powerful.  The version sung by Donny Osmond in the credits is decent, but I prefer the version found in the film itself.

5. Family: I find this song very pleasant to listen to; it's melodic, not harsh-sounding at all, and just beautifully written, generally.

4. Always There: This song provided a unique link to the original LBT film, and was suited very nicely with the scene of the film.

3. Beyond the Mysterious Beyond: This song fit the overall theme of the film so well (with the mysterious sound of the song) and the instrumental version in the credits was fairly well-done as well.

2. Bestest Friends: This was the first LBT song to basically make me cry while it was playing in the movie.  Not much can top that.

1. If We Hold On Together: It's easy to listen to in any atmosphere, people don't give you funny looks (as much!) for playing it or liking it, and it's the first song ever in the LBT series.  The version with Aria singing is just beautiful! B)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I guess I could name 10 favorite songs, but I'm not able to name the one and only favorite which I would at all times and under all circumstances consider better than all the others. This best to worst thing is a principle I don't really embrace. My perception of music, while defined by some basic rules (e.g. I don't like it when there is no perceivable melody), is based on my mood and moods change. While at one given moment I will be more inclined to listen to something sentimental (often the case) I may sometimes prefer something cheerful or the like.
Therefore I will give a list of ten movie songs in roughly the order of my preference, but this is not a firm and unvariable ranking as in "from best to worst":
Very important creature
Adventuring
It takes all sorts
Family
Beyond the Mysterious Beyond
Kids like us
Bestest Friends
Always There
No one has to be alone
If we hold on together
With more than ten songs being allowed "Imaginary Friend" would make it on that list too.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Hmm.. the names are going to be difficult but let me give it a try

10) Big Water
9) (The one they sing when they find Ducky in lbt 7)
8) Peaceful Valley
7) No one has to alone
6) (The one Littlefoot sings by himself in lbt 6)
5) Beyond the mysterious beyond
4) Grandma's lullaby
3) If we hold on together (I know it's not a sequel song but in this list I couldn't leave it out)
2) It takes all sorts
1) Always there

This isn't my precise top10 list but I can't remeber most of the songs from the sequels 8 to 11, and most of the names I just don't know, but these are the one's that moved me the most, if I can't remember the others maybe they didn't have the same effect =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Your number six is titled "On your own" and your number nine's title is "Good inside".

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!
I'd very much appreciate as many people posting their responses in this topic as possible!  I'm trying to decide which LBT song to work on next, and a list of favorite songs is a great place for me to start! :P:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Adventuring

2. Good Inside

3. Kids Like Us

4. Boring(I can never remember the real name of that song. It's from Journey too Big Water.)

5. Beyond The Mysterious Beyond

6. Lone Dinosaur

7. Family

8. Bestest friends

9. If we hold on together

10. ALways There.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Thanks Malte, I'll try to remember them next time, if there is a next time =p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
4. Boring(I can never remember the real name of that song. It's from Journey too Big Water.)
The official title is Chanson D'Ennui.
Perhaps the French name sounded better to them than calling a song "Song of Boredom". Literally Chanson D'Ennui would be "Song of solitude" (which doesn't sound too bad to me).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The only songs I really REALLY enjoy are "If We Hold On Together" (either version), "Best Friend" (Olivia Newton John), "It Takes All Sorts".  It'd be almost impossible for me to rate the rest or even decide which of these three I enjoy more than the others.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
The only songs I like are "Very Important Creature", "Eggs", "Lone Dinosaur", and "Kids Like Us". Very Important Creature had a catchy tune, and lyrics told a lot about Pterano's character (and Rinkus and Sierra's, for what little lines they had during the song), and it's sung magnificantly. Eggs is catchy and humorus ("I'd even kiss you---" "Kiss me!?" "---on my dear beloved dose of eggs!"), and Lone Dinosaur is...well, there's just something about it I like. I guess the rhythm. Petrie sung rather well, in my opinion. And I loved Kids Like Us pretty much for the same reasons as Very Important Creature - I especially loved the beginning. I think Littlefoot's voice actor should sing more.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dis is my top ten songs from all movies.

10.- "Chanson D'ennui" (9th movie. BTW, what's that mean?)

9.- "Big water" (5th movie. This song rox)

8.- "Always there" (5th movie. Really sentimental *sniffs*)

7.- "If we hold on together" (1st movie. *cries* I'M SORRY DIANA ROSS!!! :cry2 )

6.- "Family" (8th movie. Reflects Ducky's feelings)

5.- "Lonely dinosaur" (6th movie. Nice rythm)

4.- "Bestest friends" (10th movie. Dat's a nice tune)

3.- "You're one of us now" (2nd movie. I was thinkin' on dat song when I signed up here :) )

2.- "Imaginary friend" (9th movie. Has a nice beat *hums*)

And for da winner of my favoritest (???) song is... *drumbeat*

1.- "Friends for dinner" (5th movie. I love da lyrics. They're funny  :lol: )

See ya next time  :wave

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's my list:

10. Kids Like Us

9.   Adventuring  

8.   Friends for Dinner  

7.   Beyond the Mysterious Beyond

6.   Peaceful Valley

5.   No One Has to be Alone

4.   Family