The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Pokemon, then Ponies, now Dinosaurs

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dalekdino: Everyone has a personal view of things, and here is another example. :D
Some people who have seen the drawing process immediately knew who Ali would be when I showed them the first sketch I did for this, and some also say they do look a bit older.

About the eyelashes...I thought about that and didn't add them on both characters. I just don't think they're necessary here.
And anyway, what kind of actual sauropod would have eyelashes anyway xD

In case of Ali I probably won't give her these ever again, but draw her in the style I gave her here so that she has a bigger difference to Littlefoot than she has in the movie.

Ducky123: Thanks. :)

And now enough blabbering, onward to the colored version!

[align=center]No More Migrating - Digicolored

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

Again, can you spot all differences between the two and find the hidden heart? Let me know in the comments if you want. ;)

Now, the next thing:

[align=center]Petrie Approved Patch

Source

With this one the GoF Patch Series is almost done. Only Spike left. :D
The Petrie motive was picked by Malte279.
If you have some ideas what I can use for a Spike Patch, send me a pm or write in this topic. I'll consider everything you guys send me. :)

And I guess that's it for now, soo...

Hope you like it, and until next time. :)
RS

(what have I forgotten to add this time? We'll see.)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Nice Petrie badge. I keep picturing him saying " Ha Haa! Me ready for my close up!"  :DD

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
(speaking in character)

That look wonderful! Though me think it coulda been done better (where me sniffer?). Other than that, it no look bad. Me approve indeed!

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Fixed, thanks for telling. :)

I knew something was off when I made the design... :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The patch looks really nice ^^
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :)

And this is just a quick something I've thrown together while working on something bigger again. I wanted a new avatar, and so I figured, why not show a bigger version of that as well. :)

[align=center]Ali Icon

Source

It's just Ali from my latest drawing transformed into a digital version. I did it to relax my mind a little before I continued with the bigger thing.

Hope you still like this though. ;)

Oh, and - if you do wanna use this in some way, please ask me before you do. I don't bite. :)

Until next time then.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
AW what a cute close up. Though I have to say she doesn't look the same without her eyelashes.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I totally didn't see these two comments. :D

Thanks you two, and also welcome to my art thread, Midnight, I don't think I've seen you in here before. :)

Dalekdino: As I said before, since I've started to alter her design a bit compared to Littlefoot, I also decided to not give her the eyelashes. Littlefoot doesn't have them as well in the traditional version and in general I don't think I'll ever add them again to any LBT character. They're not really necessary on animals that probably had none anyway in my opinion. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Eyelashes or not, it doesn't change the fact that your art is really amazing ;)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
It's about time I showed up here... :p

I've had a chance to flick through your stuff and I must say that your artwork is amazing! I love how your digital work is all very well coloured and shaded and your traditional works are amazing too! If I remember correctly, you use Photoshop, right?  

Your drawings have honestly inspired me to start drawing my own fanart again, but then again I don't really have much time to do anything these days (school... :anger ), so I'll just enjoy your stuff for now. Keep up the fabulous work! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: Thanks :)
somerandomfangirl: Oh hey, another new visitor, hi there :D

Yep, I do use photoshop, for everything that involves digital stuff of course.
And...
Your drawings have honestly inspired me to start drawing my own fanart again

They what?  :oops

Well it always surprises me when someone is telling me that I can be an inspiration.^^
I'm really honored by comments like this one, thank you. :)

But now let's get to the update:

[align=center]Hello my dear Ali

Source

Whew, there it is finally. I was really eager to make this into a digital version but then there were some reasons that kept me away from it. Buut now here it is. :D

I also decided to go for a title without any second meanings to avoid confusion here. ;)
But I already had three names like that:
"In The Land without Mists"
"Before the Mists came"
"Before the Big Migration"

But yeah, with a title like that I hope that everyone gets who is coming out of the egg there. :D

Ali's mother has less wrinkles than in the 4th movie to make her appear a bit younger.
Ali is strongly based on the baby Littlefoot for the reason that the baby dinosaurs in the first movie don't really have much differences when they're just hatched. I left some wrinkles away and changed the neck a bit, but that's all.

The colored version of this and the Spike patch are next. ;)

So, that's all I have to say here (I think/hope at least), so..hope you like it and until next one. :)

RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To say I like it would be an understatement  :exactly

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, and then let's go the the shiny fancy colored version now, right? :D

[align=center]Hello my dear Ali

Source

About this drawing there isn't much left to say except this: I used the tags "plastic bag sound" for it on deviantart. Anyone here who knows or can figure out why? :D

And now it's time for me to start blabbering about stuff, I guess...well...

I just counted how many things I uploaded during the last 4 weeks including this week.
18 Uploads, I repeat, eighteen uploads.

Doing that in 4 weeks is like, I made 4 uploads per week if you split it evenly. Guess I went a little crazy there, but I can tell you it was fun. When once thing was completed, I already started with the next piece and so on. I improved a lot in digital and traditional terms and finally started to make up drawings completely out of my head which I will be doing from now on, unless I see something in a movie or somewhere else that I really wanna draw.

When this week ends my new semester starts and I will have to reduce this output immensely again of course. But the plan is (depending on how much other stuff there is to do) to still get one drawing done per week. Maybe two if I decide to do something simple. But as I said, I can't be 100% sure if I can keep that promise. I'll try my best though. ;)

And, to finish this off, I want to say thank you.
Even though I'm doing what I do here for fun and nothing else (that's why I barely draw requests because I wanna be able to draw what I want) I have almost 200 watchers on deviantart and you guys commenting in here constantly.
So yeah, even if it's a small number of people following what I do compared to other artists, I'm still very happy about every person that does, especially because drawing is and will forever be something I mostly do for myself because I like it.

But I definitely can't deny it that you guys are driving me forward. I don't think I would be where I am now without the constant feedback I get, because every single comment (or watcher on DA) I get increases my will to get better a lot.
And for that I'm really thankful.

Thanks to everyone who ever wrote a simple "nice", gave me some critique or just looks at this topic.

And I guess that's enough text for now in a fanart topic (xD), so...until next time then, and hope you like the colored version above. :)

RS

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
:D Love this. I like how you drew Ali still partly in her egg, kinda like how Cera was when she hatched.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks - and yeah, now that you said it, it's somewhat similar. But I can guarantee that Ali wasn't running around smashing her head against everything within reach. :D

Onward to the new thing then:

[align=center]Spike Approved Patch

Source

Aaand with that the Gang Of Five sticker series is completed. :D
It was fun to make all those. Hope you like the last one as well.

Will I do more characters after these? Maybe/Probably. They're quite easy to do and I like making them, so yeah. Now that the Gang is completed, I'm also asking you which character you want to see like this. Let me know in the comments, and if one character get's more votes than others, that will go first. ;)
Deviantart comments will count in this one, too.

I guess that's all there is to say here, so..

Until next time then :) (Monday if it goes as planned. The rough sketch is done, so yeah, it might work out.)

RS

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Quote from: RockingScorpion,Feb 26 2015 on  12:43 AM
somerandomfangirl: Oh hey, another new visitor, hi there :D

Yep, I do use photoshop, for everything that involves digital stuff of course.
And...
Your drawings have honestly inspired me to start drawing my own fanart again

They what?  :oops

Well it always surprises me when someone is telling me that I can be an inspiration.^^
I'm really honored by comments like this one, thank you. :)
Hello.  :wave

Nice. I'm just starting to get back into art that isn't for school and photography again, so I'm considering getting PS to, well, do stuff with. At the moment I've got GIMP which is fine for now but I'm thinking about moving over to PS eventually, once I know I'm going to use it enough to make it worth buying.

It's true! I'm itching to draw my own stuff when I see your work! Trouble is, I either have too much to do or I'm too ill or demotivated at the moment, but I might start doing stuff again once my exams are over. :bang

Anyway, the picture with Ali and her mother is adorable! One thing I absolutely love is cute baby dinosaurs. :wub The Spike patch is awesome too, just like all your other ones.

200 watchers is actually quite a lot if you ask me. I've got about a tenth of that, but that's mostly because my style is extremely inconsistent (I keep going through these 'phases' where one time I'm drawing fanart, another I'm drawing original cartoony art and then I'm doing photography or realistic artwork) and I keep going on for long breaks without warning which I suppose annoys some people. :angel

Having been around the net posting my stuff for a while now, I definitely know the good feeling you get when people say good things about your work and how it is a push to keep you going. Personally I try to write meaningful comments if I believe the artwork needs improving but with yours I just can't see what you can improve, to be honest.  :smile

Now, I'd better stop blabbering myself!  :nyah Just keep on producing wonderful artwork!

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
@somerandomfangirl:

Thanks for the comment, and
Just keep on producing wonderful artwork!

I'll do my best with that. :D

This is just a quick reminder that I started the poll on deviantart regarding the LBT Patch Series. If you have DA, you can vote and tell me the preferred character here or you can tell me about that with a comment in this topic or a personal message, whatever you'd like. ;)

I don't expect to finish the drawing I'm working on today. Probably wednesday, but...let's just say that I went all out on this again and that it might be the most advanced drawing I did so far according to all the work and planning that went into it.
If you want, here's a preview. Spoilers ahead. ;)
About 50% completed I'd say.

Preview.

So yeah, that's all I have to say for now. Until next time then (hopefully tomorrow)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's not wednesday, but at least it is done. :D

[align=center]Don't fall, my dear

Source

This is based on something we hear about in LBT4. Ali stops Littlefoot in front of dark water and says her mother had to carry her because it was too deep.

This is how I imagine that scene.

Also, Ali probably can't swim. :D

It took me waaay to long to finish this xD
Colored version might come up tomorrow or later, but definitely before this week is over. I'm also working on something else which will be done before next week.

Oh, and...maybe you wanna see what this topic is about. I think it would be nice to see the idea take off until we have a lot of pictures approved by the LBT characters. :)

Guess that's all there is to say, so...hope you like it and until next time. :)

RS

(I really need to practice backgrounds more xD)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is beyond being awesome...  :wow