The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Green Day Rock Band

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Attention all Green Day fans!

Last night at the 2009 Spike VGA's, Green Day Rock Band was confirmed for a 2010 release. Now if you are a Green Day fan like me, then this is an awesome announcement! I've been wondering why Green Day songs weren't released on Rock Band before, and now we will have a whole game devoted to them! There are so many great songs that would make as excellent Rock Band tracks.

I am personally very excited about this game. I think it will do well because Green Day is well known pretty much everywhere in the world and by many ages.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh dam!  An entire rock band dedicated to Green Day!  I formally declare this awesome

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wake me up when 2009 ends! :lol

If it's anything like Beatles' Rock Band, it will be awesome.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,Dec 14 2009 on  10:41 AM
I've been wondering why Green Day songs weren't released on Rock Band before
There are 3 Green Day songs released as a DLC for Rock Band a few months ago. :p

Other than that, can't wait for the game's release. :smile
*feels the urge to FC Welcome To Paradise on expert* :lol

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I realize there is Green Day content released already, but before hand so many people were requesting Green Day songs, especially after the first three songs were released.

I definitely hope Welcome to Paradise is on there.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I wish I liked Green Day more when I heard about this but still, awesome to see how much they're expanding the Rock Band platform.

I'm waiting anxiously for the Rock Band Network; that will be awesomeness beyond belief!

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just felt like updating here because I forgot this topic is still around.

The entire American Idiot album has been confirmed for the game. There are also talks of possibly putting the entire Dookie album on as well, which would be epic seeing Dookie is their best album, in my opinion at least. Also, like Beatles Rock Band, there will be vocal harmonies for some of the songs.

I gotta say I am very pumped for this game. I am a huge fan of Green Day and can't wait to play their songs.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm willing to bet money that all their best songs won't be on there, and you'll have to shell out more money to buy anything worth playing.

I love Green Day, but I'm waiting until I've seen an online list of the songs they decided to put in the initial game.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well the game is apparently supposed to come out in June, or sometime this summer, so they would have to come up with an official list sooner or later.

I could see that both happening and then not happening at the same time. If their most popular songs were to not be put on the game, then the game would surely not be as successful. I mean, sure fans of Green Day may still get it, but only having American Idiot and some other popular songs and then songs probably not a lot of people listen to is just wrong.

At the same time, if all of their truly awesome songs were to be released only via downloadable content, they would have been so already. Green Day has been requested on Rock Band ever since it came out, and so far we've only gotten two packs from 21st Century Breakdown. Something tells me that the producers were getting it in their minds that because of all the requests for Green Day, the best thing to do would be to make a band specific game.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
OFFICIAL UPDATE!

The full track list for Green Day Rock Band has been confirmed by the official Rock Band website and MTV games.

The 47 on-disc tracks are featured via three separate venues, each representing a different iconic period in the band’s remarkable career including:

The Warehouse: A fictional venue that captures the feel of early Green Day shows and performances.

Dookie (1994)

“Burnout”

“She”

“Having a Blast”

“Sassafrass Roots”

“Chump”

“When I Come Around”

“Longview”

“Coming Clean”

“Welcome to Paradise”

“Emenius Sleepus”

“Pulling Teeth”

“In the End”

“Basket Case”

“F.O.D.”

Milton Keynes: The UK concert made famous by Green Day’s 2005 movie for “Bullet in a Bible”.

American Idiot (2004)

“American Idiot”

“She’s a Rebel”

“Jesus of Suburbia”

“Extraordinary Girl”

“Holiday”

“Letterbomb”

“Boulevard of Broken Dreams”

“Wake Me Up When September Ends”

“Are We the Waiting?

“Homecoming”

“St. Jimmy”

“Whatsername”

“Give Me Novacaine”

Warning (2000)

“Minority”

“Warning”

Nimrod (1997)

“Hitchin’ a Ride”

“Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)”

“Nice Guys Finish Last”

Insomniac (1995)

“Brain Stew” / “Jaded”

“Geek Stink Breath”

The Fox Theater, Oakland: The place where Green Day performed an intimate show for the band’s most recent album.

21st Century Breakdown (2009)

“Song of the Century”

“øViva La Gloria? (Little Girl)”

“21st Century Breakdown”

“Restless Heart Syndrome”

“Before the Lobotomy”

“Horseshoes and Handgrenades”

“Last Night on Earth”

“The Static Age”

“Peacemaker”

“American Eulogy”

“Murder City”

“See the Light”

Downloadable Content
The following tracks are already available in the Rock Band Music Library of downloadable content giving players the chance to complete the full 21st Century Breakdown album, view unique performances and venue visuals, and unlock exclusive collectible content!

“21 Guns”

“Last of the American Girls”

“Know Your Enemy”

“°Viva La Gloria!”

“East Jesus Nowhere”

“Christian’s Inferno”

I gotta say, I am pleased with this track list. They got Dookie on here which is a huge plus, and a bunch of their popular hits as well. Granted there may be a couple that I wanted to see on there that weren't included (Castaway and Deadbeat Holiday), but overall this is a nice track list.