The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Steampunk Supernatural Academy

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The year is 1850.  The place, London.  A world much like the one in history books, but yet considerably different.  In this world, Steam Power has been perfected, with the advent of the "Perpetual Steam Engine".  A device that never overpressurizes, never fails...and never runs out of steam.  With this remarkable device powering everything from homes to cars, to the latest invention by another scientist, the world has expanded exponentially.  England has spread it's wings across all the continents, gaining knowledge, wealth, and a vast store of new ideas.  Foremost among their discoveries is the confirmed existence of the supernatural, and subsequently, their acceptance of said entities into their daily lives.  On the streets of London, it is not uncommon to see Werebeasts, anthropomorphic animals, and even ghosts inside special containment suits walking among the humans.  However, even such a marvelous discovery has a dark side.  Whispers have circulated about fanatical cults determined to awaken entities that were never meant to awake, or to purge one race or another from the planet.  These cults grow ever bolder, seeking their nefarious aims, their schemes endangering the good people of England...

Thus, the Doyle Academy for Supernatural Studies and Defense was founded.  Oddly for an institution of the times, it accepts those from any walks of life, inasfar as they demonstrate a degree of physical proficiency, some semblance of wit, and above all, an unfailing work ethic.  Within it's walls, students will learn both the wonders of a classical education, and, perhaps more importantly, the practical study of defending England and her neighbours from threats both human and non.  

Right, so this is an idea I just came up with, and wanted to see if anyone's interested!  Rules, characters, etc will come if any interest exists!

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
This sounds pretty cool! I wouldn't mind joining.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Basically, it sounds like a good idea for an RP. Not sure if I gonna join but I'm sure interested :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like it could be an interesting rp idea indeed.