The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Creatures you would have liked to see

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah,i know the franchise is no more and is now extinct for all.But,what dinosaurs and other extinct creatures you would have liked to see or feel that the LBT franchise should have added???If you ask me,i would have liked to see gorgonopsids (Gorgonops,Lycaenops,Inostrancevia,Sauroctonus...)Yeah,i know they're from the Permian and didn't live with dinos but hey!!!the first film had a Dimetrodon in it.And some permian creatures are background characters in the sequels.I also think they should have used certain theropods like Carnotaurus and Ceratosaurus.Too bad they never appeared.However,their mesozoic bestiary was quite fine,i gotta say.It made Muttaburrasaurus famous,after all.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First I have noted something concerning your writing style:
If you write on the computer don't forget to press 'space' after commas, full stops, exclamation marks, question marks and colons :yes

now on-topic ;) : I would have liked if they had brought in Dimetrodons a bit more... maybe as background character or even more important...

Concerning the Muttaburrasaurus: That name is stuck in my head since it's a weird name imo. It reminds me of the German word 'Mutter' which means 'mother' :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 10 2013 on  06:07 PM
First I have noted something concerning your writing style:
If you write on the computer don't forget to press 'space' after commas, full stops, exclamation marks, question marks and colons :yes

now on-topic ;) : I would have liked if they had brought in Dimetrodons a bit more... maybe as background character or even more important...

Concerning the Muttaburrasaurus: That name is stuck in my head since it's a weird name imo. It reminds me of the German word 'Mutter' which means 'mother' :lol
Interesting coincidence!!! Even if you consider ornithopod dinosaurs were really good at caring for their hatchlings.So,Muttaburrasaurus was probably no exception.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dino-Mario,May 10 2013 on  05:52 PM
I also think they should have used certain theropods like Carnotaurus and Ceratosaurus.Too bad they never appeared.
Heck yes! Have a carno appear!
Then again, that might have ripped off Disney from Dinosaur... but but too many carnos can never be a bad thing... unless you are a leaf-eater :p
That's why I thank my lucky stars Terra Nova have them in, :lol

For me, I wish that they showed a more steady number of the Valley denizens. It seemed every episode the dinosaurs in the Valley numbered more or less than in the original. I mean, at the end of the first film, you see the valley filled with every species!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus would have been good to see, I guess. But one animal I would have really liked on LBT would be Therizinosaurus.  :blink:

Or maybe a rauisuchian...

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hold on, guys...the franchise isn't officially "extinct"...we just shouldn't get our hopes hope, is all.  :exactly