The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me?

Saft · 84 · 7258

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, I forgot about this...

Pangaea:Turkish delight but it's rather expensive to get here.  I also like white ''chocolate''...

Rat_lady:Not really.  

As to guilty pleasures...I am unsure as to what you mean but I wouldn't specify the LBT as a guilty pleasure, it is more a long the ''lines'' that it is something that I like.  It hasn't caused as much problems for me in the past as the Lion King had done (in school) and it's not as obvious as liking the Lion King.  As to socially acceptable...I do feel that sometimes society puts too much emphasis on that...people shouldn't feel that they have to conform to all society demands to ''fit in''...

Did I understand what you refered? Sorry if I didn't. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Whoops! It seems I'm not online enough to notice this response! :oops Sorry about that.

Well guilty pleasures are pleasures people have but often well a bit guilty liking them or uncomfortable about them if someone else knows about it.

What I am trying to ask is do you think LBT is a guilty pleasure since it's looked upon as a "childish" fandom by the rest of society, or do you not feel guilty about it and just like it for what it is?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
There's already been a couple of questions similar to this, but I don't think this exact one has been asked on this thread yet:

What countries and notable places have you been to?

(Don't forget to answer Rat_lady's restated question, too! ;))

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, for the delay.....I have not really had much chance to be on the computer....

Ratlady:  I used to feel rather self concious about liking the Land before time when I was younger, as I often used to get a lot of ridicule for liking something that was dubbed a ''kids'' film....not as much as what I got for liking the lion king.  So I suppose it is rather a guilty pleasure, I definetly didn't stop liking it because of the ridicule it caused...still haven't.

Pangaea:  I will try to do this in order: England (obviously since I am english!), Majorca (first time I ever took a aeroplane was when I was about seven, not the last), France (Disneyland Paris!), Belguim (we past thorugh it, I suppose that doesn't count?), Holland (Went to the centre parks there), America (Disneyland Florida), Austria, Germany, Luxembourg (I have family there), Switzerland (first time, I moved there I was about thirteen), France (Paris again but we went with the school, best week ever), Spain (Tennis camp the first time, second time was Alicante were they were hosting a motorbike tournament, dad is obsessed with motorbikes), Singapore, New Zealand (Lived there between the ages of fifteen to seventeen), Hong Kong, second round of Switzerland and finally Italy (Rome).

I have been quite fortunate in the countries I have visited.  Each country has provided some sort of cultural indepth understanding that I do not think I would have had if we had stayed in England.  Despite all the travelling that I have done, I still do not like flying....I hate take offs and landing...;)

Hope that answers your question, and thank you for asking them...it's appreciated.:)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You’re welcome. :) And your answer was more than sufficient. It was even more comprehensive than I had expected. :DD I wish I were more well-traveled . . .

I wanted to ask another question as long as I was responding to you, and this one just popped into my head: How old is Mozart?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, okay I suppose.  Things at home have been a bit difficult but it's something that we are all going to have to adapt to..not just me...er...other than that though, happy to be home..not so happy that I have had a bit of bad hayfever.  Thanks for asking. :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I've asked this question before, but what is the best country you've been to in your opinion :)?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey thanks for the question.:)

Erm, I'm going to be diplomatic in my answer when I say that all the countries have their own merits.  I did like Italy (Rome) as it's rich in historical heritage and as I'm interested in that sort of ancient civilization it was great to go and visit.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can you tell me more about Mozart’s sock-stealing habit? :lol Does he take them straight from the laundry, out of the dresser, or right off your feet? :p And what does he do with them afterwards? Does he stash them somewhere, or just play with them?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, sure.:)

Well, it isn't just socks that he takes but it is mostly them.  He take them from the laundry, out of the dresser and if any are on the floor.  Then he will lick, back scratch them and then take them to his little ''den'' that is under my bed. He normally sheds on them as well...it's horrible...because then those clean socks have to be re-washed.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh dear. :rolleyes :lol Is this something that he does at any given opportunity, or just every now and then? And do you have any methods of preventing him from taking the socks?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Usually given opportunity...he's an opportunist but sometimes he begs to go into the drawers, and he's rather persuasive (as you would probably know with Sasquatch).  

Methods, aren't exactly working at the moment.  He just finds ways to get around them.  But then again, I think we are over-indulging him with it.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Is there a part of history you are most fascinated in?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ancient civilizations.  My main interest(s) in this area is the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks..shame that I can't take egyptology at university...

Thank you for the question. :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like lolcats? :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
@Pangaea:  What is lolcats?
@Rat_Lady: I haven't been on MLK for a while to be honest, not sure why either.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Saft,Jul 8 2010 on  06:13 AM
@Pangaea: What is lolcats?
Oh. I suppose that might answer my question. :oops

Lolcats (often pronounced “laul-cats”; I say “el-oh-el-cats”) are an Internet meme popularized by the site icanhascheezburger.com. They are basically photos of cats with humorous captions, often written with deliberately (I hope) bad spelling and grammar. Here are some examples (starting with “Happy Cat”, the lolcat credited with starting the craze):

And here’s one that immediately made me think of your cat (it even looks like Mozart):