The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey Under the Great Valley

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
THE LAND BEFORE TIME XVIII: JOURNEY UNDER THE GREAT VALLEY

CHARACTERS

Littlefoot Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good, well, mostly

Cera Female Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Ducky Female Saurolophus (Swimmer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Petrie Male Pteranodon (Flyer/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Spike Male Stegosaurus (Spiketail/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Grandpa Longneck Male Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Grandma Longneck Female Apatosaurus (Longneck/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Topps Male Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Tria Female Triceratops (Threehorn/Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Tricia Female Triceratops (Threehorn /Flattooth) Alignment: Good

Liam Male Anatosaurus (Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Liam Minion 1 Female Unknown Yet (Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Liam Minion 2 Male Unknown Yet (Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Liam Minion 3 Female Unknown Yet (Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Liam Minion 4 Male Unknown Yet (Flattooth) Alignment: Bad

Smilodons Mixed Smilodon (Tickle Fuzzy/Sharptooth) Alignment: Bad

The Time of Great Growing had begun. They had all had a growth spurt. Ducky was now getting to be taller than Petrie. Cera had her second horn coming in. Littlefoot had started to get a stripe on his head and his voice had deepened slightly as had Petrie's. Spike had gotten a few spikes on his tail.

Littlefoot was in a tussle with Cera again. They had gotten into an argument. Cera lunged at him. She banged him with her horns. This hurt him. "OW!" he cried. "Longnecks should know that they can never win against a Threehorn!" said Cera proudly.

"All right Cera, you asked for it!" he said. He slammed her with his tail. This knocked her away. He kicked her and she fell to the ground. He'd beaten Cera for the first time in a fight! He was so excited.

"Ha, beat ya this time" said Littlefoot. "I let you win!" said Cera stubbornly. "No you didn't! You just can't admit that you lost!" said Littlefoot smugly. "I didn't lose! I let you win!" said Cera angrily. "Did not!" said Littlefoot. "Did too!" said Cera. "Did not!" said Littlefoot. "Did too!" said Cera. They kept arguing.

"Nice one Littlefoot!" It was Liam the Anatosaurus. He seemed to be popular among the adolescents but Littlefoot's friends didn't like him. However, Littlefoot had admired him, despite their mistrust of him. "Thanks Liam!" said Littlefoot. "Ah, kissing up to Liam are you?" said Cera. "You're just upset because I beat you for once!" said Littlefoot.

"Yeah Cera, so leave him alone. Don't like having your brag bone hurt?" laughed Liam.

"Tar face!" said Cera, sticking her tongue out at Liam.

"Horn head!" said Liam, sticking out his tongue back.

"Come on Littlefoot!" said Liam. Littlefoot followed him. The others worried that Liam would be a bad influence on Littlefoot. And they were right.

Note: As you can see from the alignment section of Littlefoot, he's going to be less than an  :angel  in this one.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER ONE: LIAM

Littlefoot continued with Liam. Liam was so handsome and popular with the girls. Littlefoot wished that he could be more like him. After all, Littlefoot had some friends, but he was more of a bit of a nobody in popularity. He liked his friends, to be sure, but he wanted more. He followed Liam to his group of flunkies.

There was Aang the Club Tail, Louise the Large Flyer, Rabauke the Thicknose, and Mandi the Hallowhorn. "Everyone, this is Littlefoot. He's going to be our new friend." said Lima, introducing Littlefoot to them.

"I'm glad to be here. You guys are so well liked around here." said Littlefoot, glad to be around them.

"Yeah, we're much better than that group you hang around with." said Rabauke.

"My friends are fine." said Littlefoot.

"But they aren't cool like us!" said Mandi.

"I guess not." sighed Littlefoot.

"Indeed. Observe." said Aang. He walked up to several female Club Tails.

"It's Aang! He's so dreamy!" they all cried.

"I wish girls would like me like that." sighed Littlefoot.

"You have to be cool." said Liam.

"How do I do that?" Littlefoot asked.

Liam began to sing a jazzy tune, snapping his fingers.

"So you want to be cool?

You want to rock and rule?"

Littlefoot nodded.

"You wanna be hot?

But right now you know you're not." sang Aang.

Littlefoot nodded vigorously nodded.

"You wanna be number one?

You want to have all the fun?" sang Lousie, snapping her fingers too.

"I do. I do.

I want to be like you!" sang Littlefoot eagerly.

"You want to be able to win?

You want to be one who's in?" sang Mandi, snapping her fingers.

"I wanna be the man!

I want to get as many admirers as I can!" sang Littlefoot.

"Well, it can happen to you.

You just need to do what we do." sang Liam, snapping his fingers.

"Oh that I would most like to see.

Everyone admiring the most amazing me!" sang Littlefoot.

'Oh don't worry kid. Soon you'll be cool.

Soon you're gonna rock and rule!" sang Liam, snapping his fingers.

"We're going to be the best!

We're going to be cooler than all the rest!" they all sang, some of them snapping their fingers. They finsihed.

"Welcome Littlefoot. You're now one of us!" said Liam.

"Oh boy!" said Littlefoot. He ran off to tell his friends.

Once he was out of sight, Mandi groaned "You're gonna let that loser join us? He's still with those nobodies and will never be cool like us!"

"Of course not. But he'll be fun to get to do our bidding. Oh yes he will." said Liam, grinning devilishly.

(P.S. I know the song is a bit corny, but a jazzy villain song seemed like a good addition to LBT all the same.   :lol   )

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER TWO: THOSE PESKY GROWNUPS

Littlefoot found that his friends were less than amused about him being pals with Liam's group.

"He's just a big creep. Why can't you see it?" grumbled Cera, thumbing her nose up in the air.

"You're just jealous because now I'm cooler than you!" said Littlefoot, shaking his head at his friends.

"You're not better than us! You obviously got your head smacked too hard in that fight!" said Cera.

"A fight that I won." said Littlefoot. "You guys are just jealous." said Littlefoot angrily.

"Are not!' said Cera.

"Are too!" said Littlefoot.

"Are not!' said Cera, raising her voice.

"Are too!" said Littlefoot, raising his voice as well.

"ARE NOT!" shouted Cera.

"ARE TOO!" shouted Littlefoot.

"Enough!" It was Grandpa Longenck. "Calm down kids! It isn't polite to shout like that." he scolded.

"Littlefoot here thinks he's better than us!" said Cera, giving Littlefoot an angry look.

"Liam thinks I'm cool. She just can't handle it!" said Littlefoot.

Grandma Longneck, who was with her mate, shook her head. Kids often changed as they got older. However, the way her grandson was changing was not one she liked.

"Littlefoot, when did you start to care about being cool? You were always happy the way you were." said Grandma Longneck.

"Well, I'm older now. I'm never going to get a girl or be anybody if I just stay a nobody." said Littlefoot.

"Oh Littlefoot. It's just a fad. What seems cool now won't always be." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Well, if I be with the cool people, then I'll always be cool." said Littlefoot.

"I thought that you thought that we were cool." said Ducky.

"Yeah, but not like Liam." said Littlefoot.

"What Liam got that we no got?" Petrie inquired.

"He's popular." said Littlefoot.

"Being popular isn't everything. A lot of popular things can, in fact, turn out bad, as do the popular people that so many look up to." said Grandpa Longneck.

"What do you know?" said Littlefoot defiantly.

Grandma Longneck, who had started to eat Tree Stars, spat them out in shock at her grandson's smart mouth. She had hoped that Littlefoot wouldn't be like this. But Arianna his mother and Bron his father had been like this. She should have known better. But she wasn't going to let Littlefoot keep going that way. Not as long as she was in charge!

"Littlefoot, apologize to your grandfather now!" she said sternly.

"What for?" he said defiantly.

She gave him a glowering look. He felt afraid and said "Sorry Grandpa." he said.

"Come with us." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Busted!" said Cera, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Shut up!" said Littlefoot.

Littlefoot went with his grandparents. They were silent for a while till they were out of earshot of others. Finally, Grandpa Longneck said "Littlefoot, we need to talk."

"About what?" said Littlefoot.

"Your attitude. It stinks like a herd of Club Tails on a hot day!" said Grandpa Longneck.

"I don't see the problem." said Littlefoot.

"That IS the problem!" said Grandma Longneck sternly.

"Pesky grownups." said Littlefoot. "Ok, can I go now?" he asked. He didn't even give them time to reply, but started to move away.

"LITTLEFOOT, COME BACK HERE NOW!" shouted Grandpa Longneck. Littlefoot turned around. "You are not returning to your friends today. It's time you learned to behave. You are treating your friends and my your grandmother and I mostly rudely. You can spend the rest of the day thinking over your behavior." said Grandpa Longneck.

Littlefoot angrily kicked down a tree as he stormed off. "I'm worried about him." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Don't worry Ignatius. He'll outgrow it. They usually do." said Grandma Longneck.

Littlefoot was furious. His grandparents had punished him. It wasn't fair. Didn't they know that he had important people to be with? How was he supposed to be with the others now? And, more importantly, how was he supposed to be with Liam and the cool crowd? He scowled. He really didn't like grownups right now.

He was upset and not thinking rationally. He went back to his grandparents. "I'll bet I could run the Great Valley better than you!" he said.

Grandpa Longneck wisely decided not to shout, knowing that that wouldn't help matters. Instead, he calmly said "Littlefoot, you may be older now, but you still have much to learn. You couldn't handle running the Great Valley right now." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Bet I could!" said Littlefoot.

"You don't have the knowledge and experience to do that yet." said Grandma Longneck.

"Well, I wish I could get some really fast. Then I'd show everyone around here and I'd be really cool and really popular." said Littlefoot.

"Funny you should mention that, because there is an object in the Great Valley that is said to bestow great knowledge on experience on whomever can get it." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Tell me about it." Littlefoot said, hoping to hear more. He hoped he could find whatever it was and show everybody. He'd be so popular that they'd talk about him for many many cold times into the future.

"Have you heard the story of the Fire Rock?" asked Grandpa Longneck.