The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time fanfiction characters

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
What is your story about? I always decide this first before even thinking about characters. If this is an LBT fan fiction/movie then what is it about? What is the problem to be solved? Just 2 or 3 lead characters is probably all you need then flesh it out with more. But too many characters -- and your list is way too long spoil even the best story. Don't worry about naming your characters yet, but I'm a bit put off with the JP names, as posted earlier, another Universal franchise. If they're dinosaurs, why not give them LBT-esque names that e.g., tell what they look like. Such as Pterano (but don't use that for your original character!) or describe their personality.

But we can't help you unless we know...What is the story about? Who does what to whom, who wants what, what are they looking for, etc.  And when and where do the LBT regulars, if any, come in during the action? Get your plot in order then work on the character list, and I would suggest trimming that cast list.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: crazedwriter,Apr 29 2009 on  09:55 PM
If they're dinosaurs, why not give them LBT-esque names that e.g., tell what they look like. Such as Pterano (but don't use that for your original character!) or describe their personality.
Well the personalities of the JP characters can be found here after figuring out there personallity then we can find them LBT-esque names, OK.
Quote from: crazedwriter,Apr 29 2009 on  09:55 PM
But we can't help you unless we know...What is the story about? Who does what to whom, who wants what, what are they looking for, etc. And when and where do the LBT regulars, if any, come in during the action? Get your plot in order then work on the character list, and I would suggest trimming that cast list.
The new characters mentioned here don't appear until the 18th movie, which is about the group wanting to see the legendary "Flattooth Herd Defender's," which only turns into a rescue mission for both Ali and Littlefoot, Ali when missing with her rescue team, and Littlefoot was kidnapped by Ozzy & Strut as bait for the others, thanks to that tratorious "Flattooth Herd Defender." Is that enough information or do I need to add more?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I may be a little late, but I think Flattooth Defenders would be a much better name. Because Sharptooth Hunters sounds a little un-LBT. So, I'll say it again, I think Flattooth Defenders would be a better name.

EDIT: Don't mind my other post! I didn't read the whole thread when I posted! But I am a bit late.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 8 2011 on  01:34 AM
Okay I may be a little late, but I think Flattooth Defenders would be a much better name. Because Sharptooth Hunters sounds a little un-LBT. So, I'll say it again, I think Flattooth Defenders would be a better name.

EDIT: Don't mind my other post! I didn't read the whole thread when I posted! But I am a bit late.
So what name would be better "Flattooth Herd Defenders," or "Flattooth Defenders?"

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  04:47 AM

So what name would be better "Flattooth Herd Defenders," or "Flattooth Defenders?"
"Flattooth Herd Defenders" because I forgot what was the other choices when you first talked about this, so I put "Flattooth defenders" instead of "Flattooth Herd Defenders." So just a little misshap on my part. "So yeah, they should be called the "Flattooth Herd Defenders."

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 8 2011 on  02:02 AM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  04:47 AM

"Flattooth Herd Defenders" because I forgot what was the other choices when you first talked about this, so I put "Flattooth defenders" instead of "Flattooth Herd Defenders." So just a little misshap on my part. "So yeah, they should be called the "Flattooth Herd Defenders."
Thank you, now the last thing I need you guys need to help me with in this topic before I can close it, changing these characters names, so there related to The Land Before Time:
  • A Notoceratops named Ellie Sattler who the Flattooth Herd Defenders assistent.
  • A Torosaurus dinosaur named Ajay Sidhu who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Pachyrhinosaurus named Robert Burke who is a Flattooth Herd Defender (teacher).
  • A Arrhinoceratops named Robert Muldoon who is a Flattooth Herd Defenders.
  • A Torosaurus named Roland Tembo who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Lesothosaurus named Carter who is a beginer Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • A Leptoceratops named Ben Hildebrand who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.
  • A Stegasaurus named Dennis Nedry who is the head guard for the Flattooth Herd Defenders.
  • A Camptosaurus named Donald Gennaro who works for the Flattooth Herd Defenders, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victiums of Sharptooth Attack.
Can you help me?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure it's like dinosaurs to have last names.... especially english ones.  If anything, they would be their species name like: "Littlefoot Longneck" or Cera Threehorn".

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer,Jan 8 2011 on  01:12 PM
I'm not sure it's like dinosaurs to have last names.... especially english ones.  If anything, they would be their species name like: "Littlefoot Longneck" or Cera Threehorn".
Look at the first Post and see that the characters that have had there names changed, don't have last names anymore. Just please help me change their names so there Land Before Time worthy.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why don't you use the names you picked in the first list when you first started the topic?

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 8 2011 on  05:05 PM
Why don't you use the names you picked in the first list when you first started the topic?
The thing is that on the post that was Posted on Jan 8 2011, 01:04 PM are names from the Jurassic Park (Series), if I use them I think I'll be plagerizing, I'm not good at coming up with names for Characters on my own, which is why I need your help.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  08:36 PM
The thing is that on the post that was Posted on Jan 8 2011, 01:04 PM are names from the Jurassic Park (Series), if I use them I think I'll be plagerizing, I'm not good at coming up with names for Characters on my own, which is why I need your help.
If you use characters from another series, but don't claim them as your own, then it doesn't matter.

Example: if you use Littlefoot in a Land Before Time fanfiction, it doesn't matter as long as you don't claim him or her as your character, but with fancharacters, I'd recommend getting permission from the person who first came up with the character.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No no no, you misunderstood me. I mean the names you used at the VERY begining of the topic. Like that list that you used when you first started this topic.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Jan 8 2011 on  05:47 PM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  08:36 PM
If you use characters from another series, but don't claim them as your own, then it doesn't matter.

Example: if you use Littlefoot in a Land Before Time fanfiction, it doesn't matter as long as you don't claim him or her as your character, but with fancharacters, I'd recommend getting permission from the person who first came up with the character.
But the Characters names don't sound LBT Materiel.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  08:52 PM
I know. I was just saying. :)  Its hard coming up with names for LBT characters, you can ask anybody that has written a Land Before Time fanfiction. ;)

Maybe I should be quiet-I've used names that weren't LBT material before. :p

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Adder,Jan 8 2011 on  05:54 PM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  08:52 PM
I know. I was just saying. :)  Its hard coming up with names for LBT characters, you can ask anybody that has written a Land Before Time fanfiction. ;)

Maybe I should be quiet-I've used names that weren't LBT material before. :p
Have you written a Land Before Time fanfiction, before?

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  09:00 PM
Have you written a Land Before Time fanfiction, before?
Three or four. I've forgotten, none of them were very good to be honest. I've written better fanfictions with Animals of Farthing Wood.

I'm a much better writer now than I used to be, but I can't force myself to write a 26 chapter LBT fanfiction, but I can write a 26 chapter AOFW fanfiction in about two months or less. :bang

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, making new characters for a fanfic is tough. I've written some and I do have OC's but the names are hard to come up with.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jan 8 2011 on  06:44 PM
Yeah, making new characters for a fanfic is tough. I've written some and I do have OC's but the names are hard to come up with.
If I was writing Fanfiction, I would need a team to help me, that's how bad I am.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jan 8 2011 on  09:47 PM
If I was writing Fanfiction, I would need a team to help me, that's how bad I am.
Then don't ask me if its LBT. You'll have to find a new[er] helper. :lol:

I could give you a few ideas, but that's about it if I wasn't working on a fanfiction write now, and I'm writing it like it is an acutally book more than a fanfiction, I'm putting my brain into overdrive, so it'd be a bad idea asking me.

Anyway, if you are writing a fanfiction, I wish you luck with it. When I write an Farthing Wood fanfiction, what I do is: watch a few episodes of the tv series, and I normally get inspiration to write something different.

Maybe you could watch an LBT movie for inspiration if you need anything for a fanfiction? Watching a movie or tv series before writing a fanfiction about it is the best thing that you can do, it sometimes even helps you come up with OC's of your own, and expand on your character. :)

Maybe that's why I have more than thirty Farthing Wood OC's. Coming up with names for OC's is the hardest part of writing a fanfiction sometimes, especially if you already have plenty of ideas for a story or chapter, but you don't have any characters to add when you are already using every main character in the movie, tv series or franchise.

Like for my second AOFW fanfiction, I used one of the characters names from the tv series as [partial] inspiration for another. I used the name Ranger to come up with a name for another character called Stranger. I admit the name wasn't very original, but it worked for him only appearing in one story. ;)

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks to my friend LBTDiclonius he/she was able to help create new names for the characters, now I just need your guys approval on if the name is good or bad:
  • Ajay Sidhu = Taro or Toro You decide which one is better.
  • Dr. Robert Burke = Hino
  • Robert Muldron = Rhin
  • Roland Tempo = Rus or Toro You decide which one is better
  • Carter = Les
  • Ben Hildebrand = Ato
  • Dennis Nedry = Tega
  • Donald Gennaro = Ampto
Compare this List with this on below:
  • Ajay Sidhu = An Torosaurus dinosaur named Ajay Sidhu who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • Dr. Robert Burke = A Pachyrhinosaurus dinosaur named Robert Burke who is a Flattooth Herd Defender (teacher).
  • Robert Muldoon = A Arrhinoceratops named Robert Muldoon who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • Roland Tembo = A Torosaurus named Roland Tembo who is a Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • Carter = A Lesothosaurus named Carter who is a beginer Flattooth Herd Defender.
  • Ben Hildebrand = A Leptoceratops named Ben Hildebrand who works for the Flattooth Herd Defender's, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victims of Sharptooth Attack.
  • Dennis Nedry = A Stegasaurus named Dennis Nedry who is the head guard for the Flattooth Herd Defender's.
  • Donald Gennaro = A Camptosaurus named Donald Gennaro who works for the Flattooth Herd Defender's, but looks after the children who's parents have been the victims of Sharptooth Attack.
What do you think?