The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Disney’s Dinosaur (2000)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Any Disney’s Dinosaur fans? 

Disney’s Dinosaur is one my all timd favorite dinosaur films. I listened to the soundtrack imcessantly and collected most of the toys, trading cards, and books.
Dinosaur is the first movie I time I took notoce of the species Iguanodon. This is only film I’ve seen to date that depicts accurate sized Velociraptors at 4ft tall, and I simply relished the Carnotaurs which were a last minute change because The Lost World: Jurassic Park featured two T-Rexes. Aladar’s story was endearing to me, and while it borrowed from Promise Land (Nesting Grounds) premise that TLBT did earlier, the voice acting, soundtrack and computer graphics were amazing.

I was such a diehard I made my own Pokemon inspired cards. :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:38:15 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Rewatched the film on Disney+. The CG animation still holds up after all these years!

I have always had a crush on Neera, I knew the actress from the TV series ER and the Morgan le fey series.

The Velociraptors are the actual right height and shape! Jurassic Park used Deinonychus as its template for Velociraptors.

The Music, O the Music I use to listen to over and over.

I understand some LBT fans hate the film calling it an LBT clone. Chiefly the idea of going to The Nesting Grounds being similiar to The Great Valley. However, Spielberg admitted the Great Balley was based on The Promise Land Overflowing of Milk and Honey.

Where Dinosaur and LBT Differ:

Aladar is an adult Inguanodon, Littlefoot is Longneck/ Apatosaurus Child.

Littlefoot leads other dino kids, Aladar leads his family of Lemars and then elderly back of the herd members.

Aldar and Neera fall in love and jave hatchlings, Littlefoot’s closest romance is Ali and they are too young for a family.

Sharptooth is a solo Tyrannosaurus Rex hunting kids, while Dinossur features twin Carnotaurs hunting an entire herd.

Littlefoot’s journey to the Great Valley is instigated by his Mother, while Aladar goes to the Nesting Grounds when he meets Kron’s Herd.

Littlefoot has a major bond with his mom, Aladar never knew his birth mother and instead knows his adopted Lemar mother Plio.

Kron and Bruton are both stubborn and mean, Cera is similiar except Cera reforms and lives while both Kron and Bruton die.

Littlefoot’s mother dies, we never see Aladar’s mother die, in fact the Carnotaur feeds on a type of Threehorn not Aladar’s Mother.

The calamity is an Earthshake that seperates Littlefoot and the Gang from their families, Aladar and his family of Lemars lose their home over an Asteriod, but arn’t separated.

————-

The biggest similiarity is the beginning when Littlefoot’s egg goes on a journey, the same as Aladar’s egg goes on journey. 

And the search for the Promise Land, however Dinosaur makes it clear the herds don’t stay in The Nesting Grounds forever, while The Gang of Five stays forever in The Great Valley.

I love LBT and Disney’s Dinosaur. I owe my love of Carnotaurs to the film. :)

I do not see Dinosaur as a rip off of LBT. So much is different as I have laid out.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 12:12:52 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Liked this movie in my childhood! :)
Last time I watched it around four years ago.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Liked this movie in my childhood! :)
Last time I watched it around four years ago.

What did you think of it? The animation, the characters, and etc.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Accidental Double Post.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I watched it before I formed my vision about "2D traditional cartoons are better", so this cartoon and its CGI was kinda something new. New experience. So it amazed me back in days. And because I loved dinosaurs since childhood, I liked this cartoon very much.

I watched it after first Land Before Time, so its plot (and couple characters) had strong resemblence to LBT.

After all these years, I still remember and laugh at scene when Neera calls Aladar "Moron-saur" (In my native language, don't know how it was in English).

And meteor rain scene... O_O Can't describe how I was scared when I watched it for the first time...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I watched it before I formed my vision about "2D traditional cartoons are better", so this cartoon and its CGI was kinda something new. New experience. So it amazed me back in days. And because I loved dinosaurs since childhood, I liked this cartoon very much.

I watched it after first Land Before Time, so its plot (and couple characters) had strong resemblence to LBT.

After all these years, I still remember and laugh at scene when Neera calls Aladar "Moron-saur" (In my native language, don't know how it was in English).

And meteor rain scene... O_O Can't describe how I was scared when I watched it for the first time...

I am glad you enjoyed. Dinosaur is probbaly my favorite dino film next to LBT and Jurassic Park.

Haha yes Neera says, “Jerkasaurus” in the US version. Moronasaur is funny though. :D

The Meteor scene still gives me chills when ai watch it.

PteranoStan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I watched Dinosaur too. It was great, wish there was more content of it. I was a little kid the first time I saw it. Have seen it a few times since.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I watched Dinosaur too. It was great, wish there was more content of it. I was a little kid the first time I saw it. Have seen it a few times since.

Its funny you mention more content, there were plans to make sequels and in fact Dinosaur 2 was being made when it got scrapped.

I really hope Disney considers making sequels to compete with Universal’s Jurassic World.

Dinosaur was a huge box office success, it even beat Ridley Scott’s Gladiator that came out at the same time. :)

This took me back, I had this game:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
they both look like they're about to eat that monkey's head

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 23, 2021, 06:36:10 PM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 23, 2021, 06:36:10 PM
they both look like they're about to eat that monkey's head

Hahaha indeed, it is odd Pilo (the monkey) is there. It would look better if Aladar and Carnotaur were roaring at each other without anyone else features on the pic.

She literally is the monkey in the middle. :D

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The McDonalds puppets and toys.

I had all the puppets, my favorites were the Carnotaur and Neera.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This film is over hated.

Do you know why that is? It puzzles me. I loved it personally.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
On my rewatch, the graphics still look stunning. The ripples in the water, the Carnotaur chase at the beginning, and more.

I think its that they used real locations, and took the camera on cranes in place of the CG Dinos to give it authentic movement. The animators then did a supurb job! My mom even remarked that when she looked at scenes from the film that it looked lifelike and real.

I am so glad they did not opt to make this a silent movie like Walking With Dinosaurs, The Ballad of Big Al: The Allosaurus, and etc. the actors and actressses really brought life to the characters. 
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:42:10 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
On my rewatch, the graphics atill look stunning. The tipples in the water, the Carnotaur chase at the beginning, and more.

I think its that they used real lovatipns, and took the camera on cranes in place of the CG Dinos to give it authentic movement. The animators then did a supurb job! My mom even remarked that when she looked at scenes from the film that it looked lifelike and real.

I am so glad they did not opt to make this a silent movie like Walking With Dinosaurs, The Ballad of Big Al: The Allosaurus, and etc. the actors and actressses really brought life to the characters.
Speaking of the people who did the effects in this film would later go on to do documentary classics like When Dinosaurs Roamed America and Dinosaur Planet which is awesome. I will have to get the film on Blu-Ray to see how the effects hold up in crystal clear HD but from memory the CGI is still really good.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
On my rewatch, the graphics atill look stunning. The tipples in the water, the Carnotaur chase at the beginning, and more.

I think its that they used real locations, and took the camera on cranes in place of the CG Dinos to give it authentic movement. The animators then did a supurb job! My mom even remarked that when she looked at scenes from the film that it looked lifelike and real.

Speaking of the people who did the effects in this film would later go on to do documentary classics like When Dinosaurs Roamed America and Dinosaur Planet which is awesome. I will have to get the film on Blu-Ray to see how the effects hold up in crystal clear HD but from memory the CGI is still really good.

I rewatched it via Disney+, so digitally and it was still breathtaking. I now remember why I watched it over and over. As much as I love Jurassic Park, I love Dinosaur more. I think  its because it is dinocentri, and not about dinos getting out and eating people.

I haven’t seen Dinosaur Planet, I’ve seen it in the roster of Amazon Prime, now that I know its the same team of animators, I gotta see it!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 04:43:50 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My biggest problem with this film is the dialogue can be very cheesy at times. Also not a fan of the pee jokes. :rolleye