The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Charlotte's Web - 1973

FallenTreeStar

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This is not only one of my all time favorite animated movies, but movie in general.  Along with The Land Before Time it was one I watched countless times growing up.  One of those movies that just exhumes goodness to me.  Really instilled the value of loyalty and friendship.  I love the characters so much.  I can't watch it and not cry.  I've wanted to rewatch it recently but I can't handle a big cry right now!  :thudLOL

Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts it?

- Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Yes, yes, yes! I love the Charlotte's Web movie! Truly a classic children's movie that stands the test of time, something both children and adults would want to cry their eyes out to! 😭

It might be because this is an older movie, even much older than the Land Before Time, but I really hope there's still an active fanbase out there dedicated to Charlotte's Web!

The songs are delightful (maybe a bit cheesy but that's okay with me :P), it taught many wonderful themes (and even the topic of death, which was pretty good execution on their part), and Wilbur + Charlotte were the definite highlight characters of the film for me. Along with the other side characters like the snarky Templeton, it really all adds together to make for a fun and entertaining watch overall.

If there's one criticism to be made about this movie for me, is that I felt Fern didn't do much in this adaptation of Charlotte's Web. Besides caring for Wilbur since the beginning, after he was sold to Mr. Zuckerman's farm, all she did was sit on the stool and nod her head. But just overall, she seems to not take any action in the movie in general. The romance plot with this Henry kid she met in the carnival was cool, showing her progression to maturity throughout the movie and such, but even still I expected something more. It's clear that she had an understanding of the animals' language in the barn, so why not take advantage of that to form an even bigger and stronger bond with the animals that she already holds near and dear to her, especially Wilbur of course.

But other than that, I really appreciate Charlotte's Web. What an awesome little pretty spider... :wub :smile

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Charlotte is the only spider I've never been afraid of  :ChomperImAwesome

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Charlotte is the only spider I've never been afraid of  :ChomperImAwesome

Yep, yep, yep! She's quite radiant, quite humble, and very terrific. She's truly some spider. :idea :smile :wub

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...