The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Illumination's Super Mario Movie

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
So we've known about the Illumination Mario movie for a while and I think a lot of people were worried because, well... it's Illumination. In the latest Nintendo Direct we got Miyamoto to announce the release date of the 21st December 2022 for North America and finally introduce us to the voice cast, listed in the following tweet.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1441168482112966661?s=20

This is... interesting. I honestly thought this was some joke until I realised it was in fact the official Nintendo account tweeting this.

With Illumination being Illumination I'm not surprised they got a whole bunch of celebrities to voice the characters but I just can't get over this. Charles Martinet is literally right there in the film.

I'm still laughing about it but I'll admit I'm curious, especially with Jack Black as Bowser, that's something I didn't realise I wanted to see. What are your thoughts on the casting choice and the film in general?

I have to say, at least the memes about it are good.  :bestsharptooth

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Memes aside, I think these voice actors will do a great job representing the characters.

Just disappointed they didn’t get the original voice actors.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Just disappointed they didn’t get the original voice actors.

I'm not surprised.  It's probably both easier and cheaper to hire the ones they did.

Anyways, I'm most interested to see what Mario and Bowser will sound like.  Jack Black is good at his job, so I'm hoping he doesn't mess it up.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I imagine it will be good like Sonic The Hedgehog.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 05:11:26 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
So, we've got our first look at this one. The release date has been pushed back to April 7th next year which doesn't surprise me. We're getting a Mario Movie themed direct with a teaser trailer on Thursday.

https://twitter.com/supermariomovie/status/1577297788513173506?s=20&t=bPjOOcjNlu0TD101OB8klA

Well, it certainly looks more like Mario than the first one. :bestsharptooth

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Just to let everyone know, the trailer is currently scheduled to premiere at 1:05 PM PST/4:05 PM EST in the form of a Nintendo Direct that will focus on only the Mario Movie.

Here’s the livestream so you can get prepared:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nMPCXuvL8EM

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well... that was certainly a trailer. I actually think it looks pretty good! Not sure about Chris Pratt Mario still but Jack Black Bowser is just... *chef's kiss*

The animation looks pretty good too. Looking forward to it!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's that Trailer alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KydqdKKyGEk

They freaking NAILED Bowser!  It's SO like Bowser to have a fortress like that, and the voice, just amazing!

Like many, I'm not sure about Chris Pratt's Mario Voice.  I think I need more lines to get an idea of what he's going for.

Toad was another I'm not sure of.  Again, I think I need more lines to figure out where they're going.

Kamek is doing  well so far.  No complaints there.

Okay, the one playing The Penguin King is doing a good job.  Especially if he's just doing one scene.

We only got screaming from Luigi, so let's see where that goes.

Overall, a good trailer.  Let's hope they continue to do well with this.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I actually like Chris Pratt's voice as Mario. He sounds like Captain Lou and Boone Walker, which I much prefer over Martinet.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I was a long time Mario fan till the movie came out. Then something happened and I no longer have a passion for the Mushroom Kingdom. So I haven’t seen it. But that said, its success has surfaced rumors that there is talk of a Zelda movie being made next.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith