The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Scream 5

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just got back from the latest Scream movie. As a big fan of the franchise, I wasn't expecting we'd get another film after so long without news after Part 4, but this was a fun treat. Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette all give solid performances, and the younger stars do a good job in making me interested in their characters (And possibly allow them to become the new focus in any potential future movies).

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I'm super excited to see this, massive Scream fan too! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and that the OG trio are still as good as ever  :DD

How did you find it compared to the previous films?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd need some time to think on it to decide where it ranks in the franchise for me, but there are some standout elements. The new characters were fairly memorable and it's clear this film is a sincere attempt at what Scream 4 ultimately faked us out with its new cast. (Though the Ghostfaces in 5, once revealed, don't quite reach the heights as the mastermind of 4 did once they were unmasked).

Tone-wise, it's more along the lines of 1 and 2 that were primarily horror with some comedic elements (Compared to 3 and 4 which kind of inverted the ratio IMO). And out of each time  a new movie gives "the rules", 5's worked better than a lot of ones in the past because they didn't just talk about the "requel" trend specifically in regards to horror, they brought up other genres.