The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Halloween

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'll be dressed up as Master Chief from Halo again.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
^ And I'm going as a redshirt from Star Trek again!

I can't believe how many people in this thread don't go trick-or-treating. It's free candy! My dad's over 50, and I'm in college, and we still trick-or-treat! It's fun!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^Haha, I usually don't go trick or treating anymore. I'm too self conscious to do that. :p Maybe if I was going with friends or something I would be okay, but other then that I would be, :oops.

Anyhow, my fam usually goes crazy when it comes to Halloween. We have parties, fog, A LOT of scary decorations, the food is creepy, so we tend to go WAY out there. Hehe. :lol

I'm probably going to be a dark fairy this year, or some fairy. :yes I'm starting to really get into them. :D

• Spike
    • View Profile
my mother is finally allowing me to go all out scary, so i'll probably go as a zombie or somthing.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Sep 27 2009 on  08:06 PM
I'm probably going to be a dark fairy this year, or some fairy. :yes I'm starting to really get into them. :D
Then you'd love my collection of Nene Thomas fairy figurines :yes.  I'll have to post a picture :smile.

On the subject of Halloween, I have to work again this year.  I may dress up in my tiger ears and tail again, along with some kind of a Halloween shirt and a pair of scrub pants (so I'm still appropriate for work).

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Looks like I don't work that night so..oh, we'll see, I dunno yet! :D

One of my co-workers says he's going to show up for work as an ugly old lady. I want to see if that actually happens. :p

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
well lets see I'm really not dressing up this year but if I did it would probably be as one of the Castlevania characters,maybe Alucard or Simon.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I'll still be at Lycoming so I will most likely spend the day either at Halloween parties or watching every horror movie I can find.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween guys!

^^ Be sure to get all the candy you want. Hehe

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yea Happy Halloween.

I¥m not a fan from Halloween. It¥s more a consumption festival.

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Hmm... too bad my country doesn't celebrate Halloween. :neutral

Oh well, happy Halloween, guys. BooOoo00OOoooo... :p

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Happy Halloween to all!  :lol:

We don't go trick or treating... it's hardly possible when you live in a city. :neutral

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I have to work this year! Oh well, somebody's gotta do it!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Happy Halloween to everyone.

Hope you all have a good evening of festivities.
Switzerland doesn't really ''celebrate'' Halloween, last year we went to a small party of adults of one of my Mum's american friend's..she doesn't do it every year though, so my sister wanted a Halloween ''party'' before she left for boarding school..so once again..I'm dressed as Medusa...and my sister is dressed as Sora (from KH) from the Nighmare before christmas costume..and Mozart's a pumpkin.:D

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've had 3 groups trick or treating already :o

*so jealous* :p

Happy halloween to everyone celebrating :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I had to work on Halloween (work in a village pub) but it was good fun. We dressed the place up with fake cobwebs, scary trees and jack-o-lanterns and the like. All the staff dressed up too (I was a zombie). We played Michael Jackson's Thriller a countless number of times and the bar staff all did the dance to it on the stroke of midnight. Was good considering most of the punters were dosed before midnight anyway so it just added to the comedy when some of them tried to join in!  :lol  :DD Only pain was, the clean-up afterwards took ages! Didn't get home til after 2.30am this morning...the nature of the industry I guess  :D

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I went as Indy again. I love halloween, course its also a day after my birthday and the farm i work for during spring, summer, and fall lets me come out to their corn maze and scare people.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I imagine that if Rat_lady7 were still posting, she'd have bumped this thread, but since she's not, I'm doing it for her. :angel

I don't really have any plans for this Halloween. I think we'll carve at least one jack o'lantern (we used to do four), and we'll certainly be in the Halloween spirit, but that's about it.My younger brother also suggested that we buy a bunch of candy, give out huge handfuls to any trick-or-treaters who come by our house (the usual number of visits we get per Halloween is between two and none), and eat the rest ourselves. :p :lol

EDIT: Oh, yeah; if I go to my volunteer job at the aquarium on Halloween, I might dress up a little (assuming it’s allowed). I wear a uniform vest, so it can’t be anything too elaborate; I’ll probably just wear my horned Viking helmet. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm glad this was bumped because I have something I want to bring up with this holiday.

The other day, I was helping a customer find an item.  As I was helping him find the item, we go by the Halloween Section and he says something along the lines of,

"I hate Halloween because that's when everyone worships the devil."

I can't begin to tell you how offended I felt.  My family celebrates Halloween and we do it by simply going out in costumes for candy and carving pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns.  We are also VERY LDS oriented.  You won't find us worshiping the devil anytime soon.

Anyways, you guys don't know how much I just wanted to stop right there and backtalk to him.  However, I knew that I had to keep my mouth shut or I would risk getting in trouble and such.

I just find it sad that people actually believe stuff like this. -_-

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, thanks for bumping this Pangaea. :)

I'm not going to respond too much on the religion aspect of this holiday because I already have very biased and heated opinions about that particular topic. But I'll just say that people really need to research their crud before they start making assumptions like that. >_>

Anyway on a lighter note, I plan to dress like Erik in the "Phantom of the Opera", I have the fedora, mask and everything. And I'll be having a party at home with friends. :)