The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How to train Your Dragon

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I bought the DVD!  it was even more awesome the second time I saw it!  This is such a fun movie to watch! :wub

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: JitteryDragon,Apr 5 2010 on  02:19 AM
sequel, too. But to be honest, I hope they don't...
Yep, there is a sequel. Yes, the link has references.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Train_...n_(film)#Sequel

EDIT: Why don't they make sequels to good movies? Like Land Before Time, Over the Hedge or Surf's Up? Or Even a movie of Animals of Farthing Wood instead of this?

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Dude, Land Before Time had 12 sequels. That's way more than most franchises get.

Also, those movies you mentioned aren't even that popular anymore(I don't even know what Animals of Farthing Wood is). How to Train Your Dragon on the other hand, has met with much praise, was a Box Office success and has already sparked a successful franchise. And this was all based off an obscure childrens series. I'd have to say that's pretty impressive.

I originally thought this movie would suck, but it was much better than the trailers made it look. I also just might get it on DVD(Well I know I will, I just haven't much money right now and what I do have, I'm saving for Comic Con).

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
So I finally rented the DVD and I have this to say...

Wow! :wow  This movie is freaking amazing!  I wish i had seen in in theaters.  :cry  I cannot describe how awesome this movie is!  Everything about it is awesome!  I could go on all day about it!  I think this is the best animated movie Dreamworks has ever made!  The dragons were cool, the story was touching, the music was gorgeous...  I absolutely must see this in 3d now!  I don't like 3d but I have heard that the 3d in this movie was amazing.    

Now if you'll excuse me im going to watch it again!

Valeron

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I just saw this movie a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, I'm impressed. Although the ending was kind of predictable, I'll let that slide for a kid's movie. What I was really impressed by were the visuals. The CGI on this movie was freaking amazing.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Okay, I'll admit it, at first I was like "Sure. I'm up for another, average Dreamworks movie." And then I saw it and I was like "HOLY S***!!! THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!"  :wow

The characters are incredible, the setting is magnificent, the bond between Toothless and Hiccup is beautiful, and the plot is amazing! Oh my gosh! No words could describe how awesome this movie was. It literally took my breath away!

It really got to me at the part when Toothless is sleeping and then he senses that Hiccup is in danger. (Kinda remind me of Pterano and Devon. XD) He's like "Oh s***! Must protect Hiccup!" That and the part when Toothless is drowning and Hiccup's trying to save him and he's like "No! Save yourself!" Awwwwwhhhh!!! You can really tell by his face that he wants his Hiccup to be safe.

And Toothless...by God was he amazing! He was so cute...and feisty at the same time. I like that... :lol The character design of him was just flawless! And he's just the most beautiful dragon I've ever seen. I hate to admit it, but I think he beats Saphira. (And trust me, she's pretty hard to beat!) He was much better than I thought he would be. His personality is awesome, his fighting skills kick a**, and HE'S JUST SO CUTE!!!! I wanted to hug him. XD He ain't your average dragon. Must I mention that his screech and his protectiveness towards Hiccup kick a**!

Okay, enough said.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol