The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TigerDirect is Such a Joke

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I used to heavily endorse TigerDirect.com, but recently it's gotten pretty bad.  The worst of all is their PC check.  It ranked my master dual core laptop a 3.0 out of 10 for performance!  Go ahead and rank you PC using their checker.  You'll get a ridiculously low score even if you've got a $1500 PC:

http://service.intelcapabilitiesforum.net/...pc/tigerdirect/

My master computer which kicks a$$ and can do almost anything only scored a 6.9/10.  My master laptop is almost a year old, so I could have accepted it if it got a 9.0/10 or maybe even an 8.0.....but a 3.0?  They're just giving your computer a low rating no matter what so you'll be encouraged to buy a new one! :anger

They used to have decent prices.  Not anymore.  22" Samsung monitor for $209?  Gimme a break!  It's worth $160 tops....at least online!  And this is on their SUPER SALE page to boot!  

A 750gb external hard drive for $289.  Yeah....when?  2001?  $75 for a 750gb is not that great, and there's no way in HELL the drive was originally $289.  Maybe if it were like a 4tb (if they even had a hard drive that big now) or if it were 2001.  

And $189 for a Core i5 750 processor. :rolleyes: Gimme a break!  TigerDirect must have been bought out or something, because their prices are actual RIPOFFS now!  They used to be the cheapest place on the net for everything!  They'd even occasionally beat Crucial.com for ram prices!  Hell, I just bought 4gb of DDR2 800mhz ram from them for only $45 a few months back!  Now the same thing's like $80!  Technology should get cheaper as time goes by, not more expensive!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE FROM TIGERDIRECT.COM!  They're ripoff artists now!  I don't know what the hell happened, but this really sucks!  I'm gonna have to find a new haven for cheap stuff.  Newegg's okay except for the fact that they're always running out of stuff.  God, I don't know what I'm gonna do now. :( Merry Christmas, eh?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm pretty sure I've seen external harddrives around that price that held a lot more GB memory, like in the 100s.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I use to get my computer stuff from them, years back.  But now I get my computer stuff from Newegg and Amazon.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Can't say I've shopped TD lately...yes they definitely used to be THE place for computer stuff.  I think the manufacturers actually will offer better prices.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my computer got a 6.2 / 10. little lower than i expected. was thinking more 7-7.5 or so.

my system is as follows: core 2 duo E7400, GTX260, 4GB DDR2-800 RAM.

its probably ranking stuff low based on how old the hardware is. for example, the i5/i7 machines score close to 10, according to the recommendations, but my graphics card is superior to all the ones it showed for me. whereas the core 2 duos are an old chip by today's standards. still great chips though.

dont let it worry you. its been designed that way to make you want to upgrade so you buy stuff. thats business :)

peace