The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New spicy chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone here heard about the new spicy chicken sandwich that Chick-Fil-A will be selling starting tomorrow?  I have had the privilege of trying one and it is SOOOOO good!  I work at Chick-Fil-A so I got to sample one at the last store meeting.  Anyway, they've been working on the formula for ten years and they released the sandwich to test markets last year, where it was met with huge success.  Anyway, the spicy chicken sandwich is extremely good, especially with a slice of pepper jack cheese added.  I think I have just found my new favorite thing on the menu.   :wub  :wub

And no my boss did not tell me to come on here and say all this.  I'm just sharing my honest opinion of what I find to be a very good sandwich.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never been much of a fan of Chick-Fil-A, but this spicy sandwich has got me interested. I'm a freak for spicy foods, especially spicy fried food like chicken, so maybe this will convince me to eat there.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
On a rather cold day, I like to get a Spicy Chicken from the Wendy's near my work.  I especially enjoy that one.  It warms you right up.

I'll be looking forward to trying the one Chick-Fil-A is promoting and see how it holds up to Wendy's.

I even enjoy such a spicy thing without liquid.  Yes, I'm THAT daring. :D

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I might just try this if it's available at the Chick-Fil-A at Cedar Point.  It sounds good.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I doubt it would be available over here in New Zealand, as I don't even know what a Chick-Fil-A actually is.

I would imagine that it's some sort of....burger place?

Anyways, I would probabally skip on this one myself, soley for the fact that I can not eat spicy food.  I mean, the Zinger Burger at KFC is still fairly spicy for me, and I know for a fact that I would not be able to eat that upgraded, more spicy version of the Zinger Burger....I forget what it's called.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 7 2010 on  12:20 AM
On a rather cold day, I like to get a Spicy Chicken from the Wendy's near my work.  I especially enjoy that one.  It warms you right up.

I'll be looking forward to trying the one Chick-Fil-A is promoting and see how it holds up to Wendy's.
I don't know if that's possible to be honest. I LOVE the spicy chicken sandwich at Wendy's, it's my favorite fast food sandwich, so I don't know how Chick-Fil-A can possibly live up to it.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Quote from: MrDrake,Jun 7 2010 on  02:16 AM
Anyways, I would probabally skip on this one myself, soley for the fact that I can not eat spicy food.  I mean, the Zinger Burger at KFC is still fairly spicy for me, and I know for a fact that I would not be able to eat that upgraded, more spicy version of the Zinger Burger....I forget what it's called.
I remember eating a Zinger once when I was little... never again.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Lol...funny that a new sandwich warrants it's own thread.

But there's no Chick-Fil-A's where I live. :(

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Jun 7 2010 on  02:16 AM
I doubt it would be available over here in New Zealand, as I don't even know what a Chick-Fil-A actually is.

I would imagine that it's some sort of....burger place?

Anyways, I would probabally skip on this one myself, soley for the fact that I can not eat spicy food.  I mean, the Zinger Burger at KFC is still fairly spicy for me, and I know for a fact that I would not be able to eat that upgraded, more spicy version of the Zinger Burger....I forget what it's called.
No, Chick-Fil-A doesn't serve burgers, just chicken.  I don't think they have them overseas either.  In fact, most Chick-Fil-A stores are located in the southern US, though they have them in other parts of the country.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
I love Chick-Fil-A, so thanks for posting the info on the new sandwich. I like spicy food  but only if it doesn't go overboard, and I've seen some cooks really pour on the cayenne till the food's inedible. This sounds just right for me. There are Chick-Fil-A's all over town here, and one recently opened in the downtown mall. So methinks I'll mosey over there for lunch some time next week. And they better have that sandwich! Yum.  :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No Chick-Fil-A's around here unfortunately.  Of all sorts of fast food places, Chick-Fil-A is the healthiest of them all based on what is offered for purchase on the menu.  I really need to lay off the diet books.  :smile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually got to try this, and I'll give all who want to try it a word of advice.

If you aren't staying in to eat, order a large drink.  Otherwise, make sure to ask for a refill.  Trust me when I say, you'll need it.

This thing is SPICY.  It's one of the spiciest sandwiches I've ever had.  In fact, I'd dare say that it's spicier than what Wendy's has to offer, and that's pretty spicy.

One complaint I've heard is that it's so spicy, that you can't taste the chicken itself.  However, I beg to differ.  I guess it requires you to be used to having spicy food, such as I am.  As far as spicy foods go, it tastes pretty good and is a real contender with fast food joints.

I do recommend it, but it's best to take caution.  Get that large drink or you will regret it. :)