The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Need help changing my IP address

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I need some help on how to change my current IP address because it's blocked on Fantendo (a Ninendo fannon wiki). My IP address got blocked because my bro thought it would be cool to spam on Fantendo and get my IP blocked.

So does anyone have any methods to change it because all of the ones I found don't work?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure about changing IP, but you can mask your IP. Hotspot Shield anonymizes your IP, making it look like you have a different one than you really do. You could use this to sneak around being blocked on that site.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
if you have a broadband internet connection, i dont think its actually possible to change your IP.

you could use a proxy, but i dont recommend doing that unless you have some experience with them.

LBTLover would be the person to answer your question in much more detail. i dont really know enough about that kind of thing to say for sure if its correct.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Because of the controversial nature of what I'm going to tell you, I've made these instructions into an image.  I don't want people finding this information through a Google search.  Please don't share this guide with anyone else.

These instructions are just a very general guide.  It's very possible (and likely) this isn't enough information for you to successfully change your IP address.  But it's the best I can do as a general guide.  Some routers won't let you change your MAC address manually.  Some ISP's won't allow a MAC address change to issue you a new IP (in which case your internet just wouldn't work after changing your MAC address and you'd have to change it back).  And these instructions aren't nearly detailed enough for a layman if he or she runs into any trouble.  You can really mess up your connection if you go screwing around in your router's control panel and you don't know what you're doing.  If at any time you ask yourself "what the heck am I doing?" then stop.  It's not worth it to have to pay your ISP a couple hundred bucks to come out and fix your mistake.