The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask ze boss something.

Petrie. · 118 · 11186

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What the heck, everyone else has a thread for this.  So what do you want to ask your boss on the GOF?  

Get me a :cheers this could take a while.   :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Since when do you like the land before time, boss? :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Since age 4. :D  Original was my favorite.  Did watch some of the sequels, but never liked them as much as the original film.

Next question please!  :wave

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Wow, even ze boss started one. hehe Mwahahaha, now that the boss has started one, maybe the other admins will start one too. *plots*

Do I get bonus points for starting this "trend" here? :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
What do you do for a living?

I'm a special education teacher.  I work with adolescents, and teach them things like global history, social skills, life skills, and personal health.  This year will mark my second year at my job.

Do I get bonus points for starting this "trend" here?

If only my students would ask how to get bonus credit. :p  I think a pat on the back will suit you just fine.  :smile

Next questions please. :wave

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
What's the largest portion of food you've eaten in one sitting?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If only my students would ask how to get bonus credit.  I think a pat on the back will suit you just fine.

Teehee :lol :smile

What's your favorite color?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Was the Gang of Five your first attempt at a website?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
What's the largest portion of food you've eaten in one sitting?

Hmmm...probably would have to be something at the Olive Garden.  They give you way too much food--bread, salad, huge bowls of pasta.  There's no way you can leave without doggie bags.

What's your favorite color?

Shades of green. :)  Reminds me of camping and bygone summers...actually that just made me sad.. :cry :cry

Was the Gang of Five your first attempt at a website?

Here's the thing...the GOF isn't a website...its a message board.  To answer your specific question, the GOF is not my first attempt at a message board either.  I think I wrote it in the history of the GOF, what attempts were made before the GOF actually caught on and you have the place you come to today.  This place just didn't come out of thin air and click...I ran at least two message boards before the GOF, three if you count the immediate predecessor of the GOF.  As for websites, I've had many over the years.  The only one that is still online and maintained by myself, is my Watership Down review site at http://watershipper.googlepages.com  Austin put up the old LBT Archive which I used to run and maintain, and that was the parent site to this board for a couple of years.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Nope, don't watch it.  Saw the latest film because I was persuaded with " you don't need to understand Star Trek to understand the film" and that was correct for the most part.

Next question please! :wave

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That was a good movie.

Would you eat the sandwich in LBT's avatar?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Do you have any allergies?

Pollen, pine, zythromax (some medicine I forgot what it did :p), and there's one local restaurant that puts some spice in their red sauce that caused a break out once.  Fish oil or some sort of seafood protein makes me very ill, but I don't think this is an allergy.

Would you eat the sandwich in LBT's avatar?

Darn right I would...I'm hungry!!!! :D

What's your favorite season?

Spring - no, pollen makes me sneeze, and nasal passages swell :(
Summer - too hot and humid for my liking
Winter - screw the other "s" word, hate driving in the stuff

So autumn is my favorite...not too warm or cold, I can deal with the inclement weather, and plants go into hibernation so I don't sneeze as much. :p :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What made you want to be a special ed teacher?

Just from someone that has LDs, I think that's awesome. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Would the answer surprise you that I initially did not want to be a special ed. teacher?  I really didn't.  I wanted to teach history, but that by itself was not very marketable.  I decided that I should get a background in special education because a lot of schools in the area integrate these students into the general education setting, thus the teacher would need an understanding of how to get through to these students as well.  That was the plan, but I ended up using my special ed. skills to get the position I currently hold.  Granted the position is unique in itself, I like where I am, and I don't know if I'd want to teach history in a general ed setting.  I can be a little more creative where I am, and teach a more wide variety of things, something I wasn't likely to be doing in a general ed. setting.  Granted its more work for me, but its a little bit of a lot of different things.  Keeps you on your feet. :p

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
No, it didn't surprise me at all. I would take any answer just as it was. The answer. :)
I still think it's cool. :)

What are your favorite Disney movies? (I think you said something about being a mega Disney fan, though I could be wrong. :P: )

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yes, I am a mega-Disney fan.  Favorites are tough because if you're a mega-fan, you kind of like them all if you get what I mean. ;)  It wouldn't be easy to pick one over the other.  I really have liked Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Bambi.  Its too tough to call...I probably wouldn't refuse to sit down and watch any Disney movie you gave me.