The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Donkey Kong(all)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Who could forget the Nintendo character that was made way back when Mario was called Jump Man?   :lol: My favorite DK game would probably have to be Donkey Kong Country.  I remember playing that game so much as a little kid while I was at the daycare.  :p  And DKC is #2 on my top 3 things I REALLY want for Christmas.  lol

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah, yes. A classic favorite. I have Donkey Kong Country (SNES and GBC), Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Donkey Kong 64. Good times.... I remember my brother pulling off many a 101% speed run on the original. I think he finally got below :50 one time. Also, getting all of the golden bananas on DK64 was HARD for me, something I didn't accomplish until after years of playing it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
DK3 for snes was the best!  That's perhaps the only game I still like.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Nov 8 2007 on  04:55 PM
DK3 for snes was the best!  That's perhaps the only game I still like.
Hahaha, what do you have against the others in the DKC series? :DD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
O man i loved Donkey Kong Country. I've never been able to get 101% though, i think the highest i have is around 85%. I was able to get 102% in DKC2 on my Wii (since i never had it on my snes and for some reason, never actually comitted to beating it on the computer). In DKC3 i was never able to get all the bonus coins to unlock the last level on the secret world (needed about 2 more). For me i though that DKC3 was actually the worst, not that it was a bad game, but i found the previous 2 to be better.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I basically have all of the secrets memorized backwards and forwards for DKC1. I've had it for so long. I think it also came with my SNES that still works.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As for me with the Donkey Kong series, I like Donkey Kong 64 the best.  I loved all the moves, the soundtrack was great and I really enjoyed the boss battles.  I especially liked the crazy final battle with King K. Rool.  The battle was actually alot of fun.  Not to mention that several of the cutscenes were just hilarious.

DK64, now there's a game to enjoy! :^.^:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've only rented DK64 once and made it up to the 2nd boss. I guess theres another game to add for my VC list.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
another great soundtrack! I liked 1 and 64 the most

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, yes. I find something I like very much about the soundtracks of all 3 DKC games. B)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I like DKC and DKC2 the best. They're just so much fun to play! I can beat the original in just an hour and a half without stopping until the end.  :blink:
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf