The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Holiday Stories

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do not know if there is a topic like this already but I thought I'd be nice when others can tell about things they see when they are 'adventuring'.

I'm gonna tell what I have done on Gran Canaria.

We went in the plane on schiphol(amsterdam), it was my first expirience in a plane so I was a bit nervous. The trip in the plane took 2 and a half hours. It was very nice, I'll never forget the view from the clouds.

When we arived we were send to our little home, an apartment. It smelled a bit... well.. mouldy.. There were only 4 beds and we were with 5.. So I had to sleep on the.. bench.  :wow

Painful night, the bench wasn't relaxing to sleep on. anyways. The next day we got a guiding tour through the area. It is a very dry area, and very touristic, but it was nice to know where we could go.

We had a very nice meal that night, every night actually.

The day after so hmm tuesday we rested a bit, playing games and reading books in the bloody hot sun.

Wednesday we went Dolphin spotting!! :D And I have seen them, yes I did. We went on a boat, and after 20 minutes of sea only 4 dophins jumped right beneath my feet( I was sitting on the rails of the ship ). It was great to see. I have seen babies too, but because they were in the babyperiod they were protecting their children. They kept swimming away from us, so we went back. It was very nice to see the ones jumping in front of me  :yes .

Thursday my mum changed beds with me because my back was hurting badly, it was much more comfortable to sleep on a normal bed. So they called the owners of the apartment to ask for a new bed in our home where I could sleep on, and I got it.
We went out with a hired car, crossing through the hilly area. We went to the west of the island, where thing were much more green, more trees etc. It was really nice to see nature changing so fast. From dry to green. My dad drove a bit reckless, so we hit another car. Nothing bad happened. It was only a mirror, but I kept on crying because I felt so unsave with my dad driving. Probably he didn't even notice.
That evening everything was good again, when we were at our favorite restaurant there was a comic man who kept on scaring people or making fun out of others( mostly of himself though). It was very funny and my tears were forgotten.

Friday we went snorkeling, with another dutch family. The water was very unclear because of the wind and the waves were very high and strong. So it wasn't as great as we expected it to be. The other family went diving too, we didn't. My mum and I also went to a market where we bought a great (pirate) t-shirt and a gift for those who took care of our pets while we were gone.

Saturday we didn't do very much, but it was the day where I took most of the pictures. Why? Because my parents and I went to the gay parade. It was very nice to see, a lot of partying. ^^

Sunday was the day of cleaning our house, and we went back again with the plane. I still have got a painful leg because a cola can was thrown at me while walking..  :DD I don't mind  :rolleyes:

It was a fun weekend, very warm and a burning hot sun.

Have you guys got any stories on your vacation/holiday?  :)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
it sounds cool!

gay parade?!?

'runs cowardly away' NO!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,May 12 2008 on  04:09 PM
it sounds cool!

gay parade?!?

'runs cowardly away' NO!
Boys  :rolleyes:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess they were having fun at the parade.  Sounds like you had fun overall.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
...Wow, that's interesting...

Sorry about your dad...

...For, uh, various reasons I shall keep to myself out of RESPECT, I would not attend a homosexual parade...  That's all I have to say...  But, ehh, as long as you had fun on your vacation...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
so some of you would not see a gay right parade.....two word's lesbian's kissing :D

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Ehh...  I rather would not see that either...  Sexual-based things just...  Irk me.  BUT, we do not want this topic moved to the After Midnight section, do we?
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was more like carnaval than what you guys think.