The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Least favorite leaf eater

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Note: Ruby is included because she is an omnivore and eats Sweet Bubbles.  

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
For its a tie between Topsy and the twins from LBT 6.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think I can honestly vote. I can't think of any character I genuinely dislike. I'm even fine with Rhett.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Interesting poll choices.

I chose Doofah. It's hard to choose between her and Loofah but I went with her cause she's even stupider and has a voice that actually fits her (I sincerely hope Ice Cube has forgotten he was ever a part of this blasphemy).

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I take it that you hope that if Chomper ever goes rogue, that he sets up residence in Berry Valley.  

(Blasphemy, that's a strong word!)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's a tie between Nod and Mutt because they're just so stupid. I don't hate them but if I were to choose my least favourites they'd be the first to come to my mind. The Yellowbellies aren't that high on my list either but they're okay. Sometimes they are bashed a little too harshly in my opinion. Rhett is another popular character to hate (especially for those who despise the whole Tv-series... and LFxAli shippers of course :D). While his behavior is clearly awful (I would feel tempted to smack somebody like him in real life if they kept on bragging), I do see that his character isnt as poorly developed as some others think. His behavior, as awful as it seems, is still to a certain degree believable. What else would you do to impress a girl than show off after all? :p
Inactive, probably forever.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I almost thought of making Rhett a bad guy in my LBT finale, but he doesn't have as much reason to as Chomper's rivals for the girl Chomper likes.  In their case, they stand to gain leadership of a Sharptooth pack (which they'd like to boss others around) and as Chomper is, well, different, they feel that it would be shameful if, by falling in love with the leader's daughter, he'd get the leadership position and so seek to do him harm.

However, Rhett has only one reason to go bad, he might want Littlefoot out of the way so that he can get Ali.  But siding with such a bad guy as Gallim seems too low for Rhett.  

I thought Loofah and Doofah were cute.

I actually am neutral toward Mo as I love him as he's so cute and all, but his constant optimism, which beats Ruby's even, plus his spitting water at everyone, makes him come across as kind of annoying.  His voice though, is adorable and second only to Guido's and perhaps Ruby's.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I voted for The Old One; she was never my favorite character.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jan 23 2015 on  10:19 AM
I voted for The Old One; she was never my favorite character.
Yes, indeed, I was sour with her for being uncaring about Littlefoot's grandpa and also the whole trying to trample Chomper thing.

In fact, I was so mad at her that, when looking for a named character to kill off in my Land Before Time XVIII: The Terror of the Mysterious Beyond Part 1: The Bothtooth Tyrant, and I picked her and the leader of Tippy's herd too (wasn't mad at him, but needed other characters to die too.)  

I did, however, give her a nice backstory and make her more loveable or at least have people be able to pity her more than hate her.  (Ironically, her killer, who didn't mean to kill her, was one of her would-be trampeling victims.)

The Old One's Fateful Decision
The Old One's Fateful Decision

and The Backstory of the Old One

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
How was Old One uncaring about Littlefoot's grandfather? Just because she wouldn't send out any of her herd on a possibly suicidal mission to retrieve flowers in an incredibly dangerous land that she and others know better than Littlefoot and his friends?

Old One, as a leader, needs to look out for the herd. She is not uncaring towards Grandpa Longneck and in fact she expresses remorse when she declares it is too dangerous to go. In that one shot, where she looks at Littlefoot symapthetically, it is clear that she wants to help, but she knows how dangeorus the lands are and fears that the risk is too great for the reward.

As for her trying to trample Chomper, in her defense, she had no idea that he was friends with the gang or even allowed in the valley. To her, he was just a 'baby killer' who could have eaten children from her herd. Remember that she was the first one to show hesitation at hurting Chomper once she realized he could speak. She only started to make a move after one of the other longnecks in her herd reminded her that he was 'still a sharptooth'. But even then, she was reluctant.

All in all, I don't think Old One did anything to really warrant her at being a terrible person. She isn't really vicious or mean, and her actions are easily understood (not wanting to risk sending more longnecks to their deaths/being unaware of Chomper being an ally and thinking him to be like any other sharptooth because she had no implications to think otherwise).