The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Continuity errors

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Let's face it: The Land Before Time has continuity errors. Pretty much all movies and TV series' do. They are nearly unavoidable. That being said, I feel like pointing out a few:

- Littlefoot's brothers and sisters: In the beginning of the original, you see the nest. With a few eggs missing, and Littlefoot's is the only one left. However, in Journey to Big Water, he says "I wish my mom would have given me a brother" then Grandma and Grandpa act as if he was her only child, and while he was, it seems he was never told about his would-be brothers and sisters who were eaten as eggs before being born.

- Use of the term "sleep stories" in The Great Longneck Migration" and after: Now while this is my favorite sequel of them all, I thought it was strange that they suddenly started to use that ter.  :huh:

Feel free to list any more you can think of ^_^

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
another thing I noticed is that the amount of Ducky's and Petrie's siblings varies...

Ducky: In the original she has 3 or 4 siblings, in LBT 2 no siblings but a lot of eggs... in LBT 6 she mentions 13 siblings and in LBT 8 she has 3 of them...

Petrie: In the Original he has 4 siblings I think, in LBT 7 he has three of them I think and in LBT 12 he has 8 of them..

I might have missed a movie or the amounts are slightly different...

I never noticed they suddenly used 'sleep story' :D but I noticed that Littlefoot asked that though his Mother wanted to give him siblings..
Inactive, probably forever.

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You know, I've always wondered what happened to Cera's mother. She is seen at the beginning of the original, and after the great earthshake, but not after that. It's possible she was killed by a sharptooth or got sick, but it was never actually mentioned what happened to her.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's been discussed inThis topic :)

It's true that they just disappeared and they were never seen again. Probably they died due to the earthshake, who knows...
Inactive, probably forever.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 15 2013 on  05:32 PM
That's been discussed inThis topic :)

It's true that they just disappeared and they were never seen again. Probably they died due to the earthshake, who knows...
I just read that topic and Land Before Time 1's earthshake really separated Littlefoot and Cera's families!
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Maybe that killed her or she got eaten. No one knows what happened to her.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
I haz list of errors. i may have forgotten a few . . .
Anyways, these are the mistakes . . . not necessarily continuity, though.

LBT 1: Actually, there are quite a few of these that I remember, in fact. I have them in a notebook. Maybe I'll write them later.
LBT4: Spike's eyelids change color several times. Lots of frozen animation in background.
LBT 7: In the volcano, a close-up of the rainbow-faces shows one of their nose-colors reversed. During Pterano's song, a bolt of lightning is improperly layered against his rock. When LF is talking to Petrie at one point, his neck is too long and has no under-color.
Whatever the Tinysaurus movie's number is: During Creepy-Crawlies, the rainbow face's eyes change color suddenly, and later, his neck is colored wrong. Tria's eye-markings' colors change at one point.

. . . I'll probably come running back here later if I remember other stuff.  :p

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, in LBT 8, Ducky's mother comments that there were no other spiketails in the Valley when Spike arrives, to which Tippy's mother replies, 'until now.' Though in the previous films, LOADS of background characters who were spiketails could be seen...in the second film, one even seemed to be an almost fatherly figure to Spike... :o

In the same film, when Mr Clubtail is complaining about the snow, he seems to have had a minor operation... :rolleyes: suffice to say, he is now Mrs Clubtail. I know it was most likely meant to be a different character, but I remember it shocking me to the core when I first saw it.

In the fifth one, the land path that connected the island to the mainland was seen growing back a couple of times when shots of the sea were shown.

But literally the best continuity error (some sort of error anyway) has to be on the TV episode, The Great Log-running Game. Cera was heading towards a waterfall and all the two-legged characters were pursuing her on logs. Littlefoot and Spike were attempting to help Mr Threehorn block the path of the waterfall, but in one shot, Spike was replaced by Cera... :huh:

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Also, Ducky's father is seen in a few of the early films without a speaking role before vanishing altogether. The obvious reason for this though, is due to the whole issue of Judith Barsi's own father... :(

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
In Land Before Time 1 near to ending, I saw Ducky and Spike's father.
In Land Before Time 3, why there are many Hypsilophodons?
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The obvious reason for this though, is due to the whole issue of Judith Barsi's own father...
I doubt that this was actually the reason. Judith Barsi was murdered in 1988 but Ducky's father appears in LBT 2 (made in 1994) and we even get a glimpse of him in LBT 5 (made as late as 1997). Her father never had a speaking role though (except in one book) and he more likely than not disappeared for the same reason Cera's mother did. It seems almost like Littlefoot's mother and Chomper are the only characters who have both parents in the series (possibly Mo and Tippy too, but Mo's water kin is never really specified and in case of Teletu... err Tippy we only get a mother labeled as such too).