The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
This episode was just FANTASTIC! It's up there with Lesson Zero and May the Best Pet Win! I really REALLY loved this one!

I guess you could say that this episode is...

*Puts on sunglasses*

My kind of pie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ACK!  Here I am trying to watch the episode during my lunch and my work connection can't handle it!  I have to wait until I get home to see it's awesomeness!

At least I got to see what the new baby ponies look like.  A HUGE step up from the original. :)

I'll see ya later!

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really enjoyed this episode. It had plenty of laughs and cute moments, not to mention that we do indeed now know what a new-born pony looks like. I'm also glad that they didn't make it "Stare Master" and replace Fluttershy with Pinkie Pie; this babysitting episode had a very different vibe to it than the first one, and I liked that a lot.

Now for the funny pic I found:

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny episode.

But May The Best Pet Win and Baby Cakes won't be an episode I would watch every week like Lesson Zero or Sisterhooves Social.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is it just me or do those two babies have abilities that are terrifying to a normal parent?  Having a baby that can go through walls and pick things up and move them via magic opens doors to so many catastrophies beyond what a normal baby might be like.

Oh and being born an Earth Pony must really suck!  You totally get ripped off by birth.  Or worse, being the only Earth Pony out of a bunch of Unicorn and Pegasus Siblings... ugh.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, got done.  In all, good episode, but not one I'm going to watch again.

I shall await next week. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They do have abilities that would frighten earth pony parents I'm sure.  Though if they can do that stuff I wonder why the 2 members of the cmc's can't do that stuff.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

But seriously, my favorite gif to come out of this episode has to be:

The Pink Menace! It has taken over me!

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Or it could be a pony laying on its stomach with its legs spread out

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It wasn't my favorite episode, but certainly not a bad one.  But I REALLY disliked Pinkie crying.  I mean, come on!  The mane 6 are supposed to be adults.  PLEASE don't mark this as where the series starts going downhill.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Bongo,Jan 14 2012 on  11:35 PM
Or it could be a pony laying on its stomach with its legs spread out
It's a human I'm sure of it.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 14 2012 on  11:39 PM
It wasn't my favorite episode, but certainly not a bad one.  But I REALLY disliked Pinkie crying.  I mean, come on!  The mane 6 are supposed to be adults.  PLEASE don't mark this as where the series starts going downhill.
Pinkie MAY be an adult, but she still has a very child-like demeanor to her. She over reacts to everything. Also, how could a crying pony mark the downfall of MLP?

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Funny and good episode, and I can't believe some things... using magic can let yourself fly, using magic can let you pass through walls, and those were just done by a baby unicorn!

Twilight Sparkle...
Y U NO LEARN THOSE?

I thought you were a pony with special abilities... :p

Oh and that part where Pinkie Pie was like.... OINK OINK OINK  :lol  :lol  :lol really made me laugh and I was like "Oh no.... this will turn into a remix soon" :lol

EDIT: NVM... there IS already a remix of it :lol  :lol  :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFawWf4gP0

EDIT 2: It seems like there's no following post after this... so, i'll just add it up here...
MY NEW MLP TRAILER IS UP! Still just the works of WLMM... but I bet it's awesome. Come check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9czZ99HkzL8
If you compare it with the original video, some scenes have similarity.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dc5iiT0f1s

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Well it wasn't a bad episode but I don't plan to watch it again anytime soon. It did have some pretty good moments though, like:

Pinkie dumping flour all over her. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought of Surprise when she did that.

The rubber chicken Pumpkin Cake was sucking on. Dragonshy anyone
 :lol:    ?

Diapered Pinkie Pie. Glad Fluttershy wasn't there.

Pony genetics sound pretty interesting although they don't make much sense.

The horror movie bit near the end was really funny and quite clever.

One thing I really didn't like was the design for the twins. Now I don't think they looked as bad as the baby in Mare Do Well but they still weren't too appealing to look at.

Going back to the pony genetics, like I said, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. While I suppose I can (somewhat) see how Mr. Cake could produce a unicorn which I guess could be a dormant gene if we assume that his parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on leading up to the unicorn great (insert number of greats here) grandfather were earth ponies, I don't see how Mrs. Cake could have a pegasus. How does her having a great aunt second cousin twice removed (Wut) make it possible for her to give birth to a unicorn? Maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

I imagine unicorns and pegasi as genetics. One gene is dominant and the other recessive, but in this case, there are three genes.