The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
GAH! I won't be able to watch it on TV tommorrow because I'll be out with my friends shooting guns. Our targets are pumpkins; that's one way to celebrate Halloween...

Getting back on topic, I'll just have to watch it on Youtube then.

I strongly suppose that the main reason I never really picked up on FiM is because I was too wound up in the Scott Pilgrim series; reading the graphic novels and getting excited for the film. But now that I've decided to let my curiosity get the better of me, I'm glad I did just that.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm going to stay awake til midnight Sunday watching FiM and working on my FiM fanfic. My body is ready.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Been stoked for this episode since I heard about it. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Luna (at least not the fanon Luna), but it will be awesome to inally see her return.

And seeing those preview clips makes it all the more unbearable to wait!

OK, we got Granny Smith finally having a coherent line, an adorable British-accented male foal named Pipsqueak, and Pinkie Pie dressed as a chicken.

And we have Luna making the coolest entrance EVER! With thunder and lightning, descending from the moon in a dark cloak in a gothic chariot pulled by bat-winged pegasi. Not to mention, the triumphant return of Zecora as well!
And we have Luna making the coolest entrance EVER! With thunder and lightning, descending from the moon in a dark cloak in a gothic chariot pulled by bat-winged pegasi. Not to mention, the triumphant return of Zecora as well!.

My theory on why she is making such a dark and spooky entrance is...well, it is NIGHTMARE Night. Maybe she's just in-character.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm as well Alli. It's on next after Strawberry Shortcake Berry Bitty Adventures. I like that show a lot. It's awesome. And I think the theme song is longer from now on. Witch is cool I guess. I will give you my review in the episode after I watch it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
WARNING!!  THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

So basically, Luna is now a pony who is stuck in old traditions and is trying to fit in with a society that is a thousand years out of her league.  Hmm, not too sure how I feel about that.

She is also more of the traditional type of princess than her sister is.  So much so in fact, that they are complete opposites of one another.  In fact, one big thing was that Celestia understands fun while Luna does not.  The citizens of Ponyville had to practically teach Luna what "fun" is.

Also, you have to understand that the ponies being scared is nothing more than an act.  In fact, it's one that goes too far sadly.  Luna got so upset about everyone fearing her that she cancelled the holiday.  Not understanding that being scared of her was all part of the holiday fun.

However, it is sadly what makes me greatly dislike her new character.

You see, I've always hated the customs that royalty has.  I can understand WHY they have them, but it's also for those very reasons that the customs can die for all I care.  They're just so stupid and unnecessary in the end.

Celestia was such a nice change of pace.  She is a far more likeable character for me because of the fact that she steps away from many of the traditions of royalty.  It's the whole reason I put her in my top ten to begin with.

I'm sorry, but I just can't like cannon Luna in the end.  She's too attached to royal customs, and I hate those things with a passion.  However, if she were to let them go, I might like her in the end.  Sadly, until then, there's no way she's making my top ten.

Sorry, but to me, she was better as a villain. :)

However, I did like the new pony, Pip.  Yes, they actually named the new pony Pip after the main character in the novel "Great Expectations".  I'm sure some brony will make a side story out of that.  Just watch, it's expected now.

Anyways, next episode, a sisterly squabble with Rarity and Sweetie Belle.  Hmm, I wonder if this will bring up anything about the reason their parents...  aren't around.  I'm calling in Death Lesson!  Come on, writers, take the chance!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Thou backside is whole and ungobbled!
 :lol

All I could think was "Luna is a socially awkward penguin". Though, I'm kinda surprised that she hasn't caught on from Celestia that the "royal dialect" has changed.

Pipsqueak was named after Pip?! Silly Ptyra, how did you not catch on to that?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 22 2011 on  10:13 AM
WARNING!!  THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

So basically, Luna is now a pony who is stuck in old traditions and is trying to fit in with a society that is a thousand years out of her league.  Hmm, not too sure how I feel about that.

She is also more of the traditional type of princess than her sister is.  So much so in fact, that they are complete opposites of one another.  In fact, one big thing was that Celestia understands fun while Luna does not.  The citizens of Ponyville had to practically teach Luna what "fun" is.

Also, you have to understand that the ponies being scared is nothing more than an act.  In fact, it's one that goes too far sadly.  Luna got so upset about everyone fearing her that she cancelled the holiday.  Not understanding that being scared of her was all part of the holiday fun.

However, it is sadly what makes me greatly dislike her new character.

You see, I've always hated the customs that royalty has.  I can understand WHY they have them, but it's also for those very reasons that the customs can die for all I care.  They're just so stupid and unnecessary in the end.

Celestia was such a nice change of pace.  She is a far more likeable character for me because of the fact that she steps away from many of the traditions of royalty.  It's the whole reason I put her in my top ten to begin with.

I'm sorry, but I just can't like cannon Luna in the end.  She's too attached to royal customs, and I hate those things with a passion.  However, if she were to let them go, I might like her in the end.  Sadly, until then, there's no way she's making my top ten.

Sorry, but to me, she was better as a villain. :)

However, I did like the new pony, Pip.  Yes, they actually named the new pony Pip after the main character in the novel "Great Expectations".  I'm sure some brony will make a side story out of that.  Just watch, it's expected now.

Anyways, next episode, a sisterly squabble with Rarity and Sweetie Belle.  Hmm, I wonder if this will bring up anything about the reason their parents...  aren't around.  I'm calling in Death Lesson!  Come on, writers, take the chance!
I think you should cut Luna some slack.  A thousand years of history is long time, and the way she is is just how things were back then.  It makes perfect sense for her to act the way she does, given the context.

Consider that it will probably take some time for her to 'mellow out' and become a bit looser as a pricecess like her sister.

Heck, by the end of the episode she is already learning.

This was by far the most enjoyable episode of MLP I've ever watched, and I hope she makes more appearences in the series.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  Synopsis of Episode 7 has been given out.

Title:  May the Best Pet Win!
Air Date: November 19, 2011
Synopsis: Rainbow Dash hosts a flying race to see who will be her pet.

Total irony if a tortoise wins this.

We'll see what happens. :)

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Canon Luna is best Luna!  :p
I didn't have any expectations of her personality since I don't read any fanfictions of her. But I did saw pictures of her being lonely and sad most of the time. I was afraid she'd become a Fluttershy-like character but I'm glad the crew gave her a socially awkward and more imperious personality.  :yes

The way she speaks is also a nice touch. I mean, she was banished for a thousand years and wasn't aware of the more modern speech (why didn't you tell her Celestia? Troll much? :p).

Also, she can go to "Nightmare Moon-Mode" now! Awesome! :DD And I really like her new mane!  :D

Other highlights: Pipsqueak and Chicken Pie!  :lol:

~

Ha! About time Rainbow get's her own pet. :D
Let's see: Twilight has Owlicious, Applejack has Winona, Fluttershy has Angel, Rarity has Opal and Pinkie has Gummy. Now if RD ever get's one, I really hope to see a pet centered episode in the future. :yes

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 22 2011 on  10:24 AM
IT'S IMPORTANT TO READ THIS POST!!

YouTube Stream 480p Version is already here!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDIvaph6aC8

Enjoy! :)
Thanks for the link.  I just downloaded it and think I'll watch it now.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thougt the new episode was eh okay not great. Luna is a lot better villain than good pony. Even tho she tried to have fun but she failed. The whole screaming joke was to much and it got old really fast. This wasn't a good episode. It was alright. I'm giving it a 5/10.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now here's something for Luna fans to drool over the remains of the weekend.

And I can't wait for the Cutie Pox episode.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sky,Oct 22 2011 on  02:45 PM
Ha! About time Rainbow get's her own pet. :D
Let's see: Twilight has Owlicious, Applejack has Winona, Fluttershy has Angel, Rarity has Opal and Pinkie has Gummy. Now if RD ever get's one, I really hope to see a pet centered episode in the future. :yes
Sweet nut-crackers, I never noticed that before! My mind has been blown like seeing Inception for the first time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked watching the episode, though it did have weak spots.  You'd have thought it being a year she would have learned not to use that voice, unless she spent the year hiding from her older sister refusing to be around her at all.  I guess that use to be her favorite night, but not a good idea to use that night to try to make friends, I'd think.  Though I did like certain scenes.  It could have been a lot worst.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

Apparently, the script was going to be longer, included Rarity, and explained how Princess Luna got her Nightmare Moon Costume.

As well, Rarity's voice actor also voices Luna's, so no loss, right? I mean, when she speaks sometimes, you can hear a hint of Rarity in there. Close enough I guess  :lol