The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: MrDrake,Oct 31 2011 on  04:55 AM
Hehe, Terminator Sweetie Belle.  Especially at the "I'm fine Apple Bloom.  So anyways, how is your sex life?"

Oh Sweetie Belle, you naughty, naughty filly :lol
What is this from? Some fanfic of some sort maybe?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ditzy Doo loses her job and becomes a matchmaker!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/stor...d-handling.html

Seriously, with how bad her depth precipitation is, I think this would be a better job for her than being a mail carrier.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Art of the Industry

Proposed Lyrics:

Gear by gear, screwing them together~

Twilight's machine, melding the metal hit by hit,

Making sure the screwholes match nicely,

It's the perfect size, this metal strip,

Making sure the barrel's correctly facing,

I'm building, Twilight's machine~!

----------------

Yep, a steampunk/pseudo-industrial remix of Art of the Dress.

It reminds me of this piece from PokÈmon Colosseum: The Under Theme but with more of a classical vibe.

----------------

So we've got steampunk ponies. Anyone willing to guess that that cyberpunk ponies are next?

----------------

Have some cyborg ponies:

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Oct 31 2011 on  06:18 AM
Quote from: MrDrake,Oct 31 2011 on  04:55 AM
Hehe, Terminator Sweetie Belle.  Especially at the "I'm fine Apple Bloom.  So anyways, how is your sex life?"

Oh Sweetie Belle, you naughty, naughty filly :lol
What is this from? Some fanfic of some sort maybe?
It's an infamous quote from a notoriously bad but also hilarious cult favorite, The Room, starring Tommy Wiseau.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You know, I just realized something, Fallout Equestria is so f---ing huge that it could split off from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and become its own franchise!

I dream that Hasbro will one day make a My Little Pony "After Midnight" branch for the older fans. You know, the ones who like the grittiness of Fallout Equestria and similar dark works.

Hell, I'd be happy with them doing a My Little Pony "After Sunset" branch that has the grittiness of say Batman Beyond. Maybe aim it towards boys and girls who like the darker stuff. Of course, I can see adults getting into this too.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe with a mix of male and female main cast.  It could be set in a different city or maybe still based in Ponyville.  Could be a reason some ponies we don't see often like Big Macintosh isn't around a lot, he's busy elsewhere with another group.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
If that were to happen, some other studio or a fan with an UBER amount of money would have to buy the franchise in order to create this 'After Midnight' version, because most likely, Hasbro wouldn't want to put their money into something that they could not inject a steady toy line off of (The main reason why the show keeps on airing is because of the toy sales).

Plus, think of the controversy. A gritty show for girls is nearly unimaginable in today's society. Sure, we are trying to teach them that girl's shows can be dark and gritty, but people would tear that show APART if it ever aired. Plus, if controversy IS a side effect, Hasbro wouldn't want that image associated with them. They would receive TONS of hate and sales would plummet.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
i'm on Equestria forums now. There also have been official releases of some background ponies toys with their names changed.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 2 2011 on  11:59 PM
i'm on Equestria forums now. There also have been official releases of some background ponies toys with their names changed.
i'm there too what's your username!^^

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Paradise Bird,Nov 3 2011 on  02:40 AM
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Nov 2 2011 on  11:59 PM
i'm there too what's your username!^^
Summer Wind.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
A little more than 8 hours left before a new episode, and with every new episode comes the wave of conversation.

Speaking of which...shooooooooooot...I forgot to post my review  :bang

Ah well, I didn't really have much to say about the episode. It was "Meh." Wasn't too great but not too terrible either. Just..."Meh."

Derpy Doll, what do you think?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Has anyone read Guardians and its sequel Ceasefire by Warhorse72?

They are both gritty and brutal war stories. Best way to describe it: Tom Clancy, David Drake and Keith Laumer do a MLP:FiM movie with their own twist.

The only thing I hated were the puns. They grated on me after a while.

Gah, this makes me want to write an MLP war story! But I need to finish my LBT war story and assistance in Cornova's PokËmon war story...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, Rarity's parents just like to go on vacation CONSTANTLY? -_- Seriously, don't writers realize that sometimes they're better off with using death to explain disappearances?  Or is that so taboo in Kid's Shows these days that it's forbidden?

You know what?  Too upset at that, not even going to finish until I calm down.

Now, I need to get that LBT marathon of mine at my site started.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
My god...her parents...we actually see them...

And her father is some sort of Appleoosan...strange

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, I just finished the episode, and qute rankly, I thought it was really good.

Being a Rarity-central episode more than made up for the last of Rarity last episode. The idea of having an episode dedicaed to the many sibling relationships in the series was a good idea, methinks. For me, this story seemed pretty strong, with some good drama and nice sequences. And that moment of Rarity's realisation about Sweetie Belle...Probably the most heartwarming thing I've seen this season.
As for the humour, this was probably one of the funniest episodes so far. Rarity's parents were brilliant (I wouldn't exactly call them Appleoosan, just excessivly American tourist-y) the ending of the sequence with the sheep definitely got a grin out of me, and Granny Smith had me rolling on the floor.

As usual, the animation was lovely, the voice acting was top notch, and the music was great (I especially liked the music playing during the race. It just worked)

As for the background ponies, I am glad that, even though we now know that Dinky and Seafoam are apparently sisters, and Berry Punch and Carrot Top both have little sisters, they've still managed to not mess with determined fanon relationships.

IMO, perhaps the best non-Discord episode this season so far.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
13 minutes in, this has become a hardcore drama. And it. IS. GLORIOUS.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  Unless no one comes, then I have no point in doing it since it was meant for the FANS! *sighs* Okay, maybe I should explain why it's a bad idea for Rarity's parents to be alive.

You see, the problem here is that the whole "parents dead" explanation the fans gave easily fulfilled the plot hole of Rarity starting her own business.  Basically, to take care of Sweetie Belle.  Now with the parents being alive it's pretty much gone and creates a plot hole we don't need.

In this case, they were better off leaving well enough alone.  They wanted to avoid hate mail so they decided to keep them alive for that reason?  Well, they'll sadly STILL get it, just from the fans instead.  Which, as we all know, is much worse than getting mail bombs from Soccer Moms.

Trust me, the fans will NEVER get over this little mistake.