The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, this guy (who apparently is a former Marine and a brony), wrote Stormriders: Luna's Own.

Best way to describe it: Tom Clancy is a brony! Yep, military fiction meets MLP. So much good, dark, MLP to read!

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Mark your clocks people.

Tomorrow, 7 AM on the HUB, a new MLP Episode.

Looks like they reverted back to the old way of releasing a new episode every Saturday instead of the previous one every next Saturday.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That is a awesome theme song you posted there F-22 I liked it a lot.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile

This is...THE MOST...epic thing to ever grace us since Ponies...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, today's episode was about what happens when you cheat to get your cutie mark.  Yes, apparently you can cheat in getting it, but there are consequences in doing so.  In this episode, Applebloom finds out about a plant that makes you talented, and from there, it's insanity. :)

Applebloom, just start building something and you'll get that cutie mark.  We all know THAT is where your talent is. ;)

The only thing bothering me about this episode?  The change in Scootaloo's voice.  Seriously, why change her voice actor?  Could the original one not do it anymore for some reason?  I liked the old one better. -_-

In all, good episode for what it was.  I shall await the next one, which is Rainbow Dash-centric. :D

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 12 2011 on  05:17 PM
So, today's episode was about what happens when you cheat to get your cutie mark.  Yes, apparently you can cheat in getting it, but there are consequences in doing so.  In this episode, Applebloom finds out about a plant that makes you talented, and from there, it's insanity. :)

Applebloom, just start building something and you'll get that cutie mark.  We all know THAT is where your talent is. ;)

The only thing bothering me about this episode?  The change in Scootaloo's voice.  Seriously, why change her voice actor?  Could the original one not do it anymore for some reason?  I liked the old one better. -_-

In all, good episode for what it was.  I shall await the next one, which is Rainbow Dash-centric. :D
Huh...I honestly didn't notice the change in voice actor for Scoot.

For me, it was a good episode, certainly hilarious, but not the best. It's another one of those episodes that you kinda like the first time, and it then grows on you the more you watch it.
Though I do find the lack of Fluttershy disturbing.

And speaking of fluttershy, prepare for the sweetest little fanfic dub you have ever heard: From "On a Cross and Arrow", the moment when Fluttershy accidentally meets, and gains a crush on, her genderswapped version, Butterscotch.
From "On a Cross and Arrow", the moment when Fluttershy accidentally meets, and gains a crush on, her genderswapped version, Butterscotch. For those of you who don't know, this particular fic's story is that a botched teleportation spell ends up sending the Mane 6 into an alternate, genderswapped, universe. Quick FYI, not all the encounters between the male and female counterparts end in romance.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wait, since when did they change voice actors? I'd have to rewatch the credits to confirm that.

Great Episode. Made me laugh out loud and is another great addition to Season 2.

Also...

HOOPLA! HOOPLA!  :lol

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Bongo,Nov 11 2011 on  11:40 PM

This is...THE MOST...epic thing to ever grace us since Ponies...
Nice man-udders ya got there, Stimpy.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Bongo,Nov 12 2011 on  06:22 PM
Wait, since when did they change voice actors? I'd have to rewatch the credits to confirm that.

Actually, I've been looking around and as far as I can tell, Scootaloo is still the same VA.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great Episode. Made me laugh out loud and is another great addition to Season 2.

I love the Applejack family episodes now I hope for more.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I enjoyed it overall.  Interesting to see some of the main characters as more minor sort of roles.  I guess one could take the CMC episodes & treat those as a spin off sort of series.   Interesting that Rainbow Dash had a cameo and was asleep through it.  Wonder if she noticed the cloud she was sleeping on was smaller when she awoke.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Finally got around to seeing the episode and I have to say....Lion Taming would be an awesome cutie mark :lol

And why am I now just knowing that Ponyville had a Bowling Alley all along!? XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lion taming Cutie mark? Imagine what the Pony with that may be like.  We got a glimpse of that.  It may give some folks a character idea.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Gives me an idea about a pony cinema.  ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice song.  I wonder if the 2 different applejacks would get along if they met.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Nov 13 2011 on  04:19 PM

Gives me an idea about a pony cinema.  ;)
I wouldn't be suprised if by the end of Friendship is Magic, that Ponyville ends up getting all sorts of buildings show up, like a mall, as you said, a cinema complex, a race track, an indoor roller rink, an arcade....you name it XD