The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, I just thought of something.  Did anyone spot Derpy anywhere in the last episode?  I'm not sure if she appeared or not.

EDIT: Nevermind!  Found her! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And as expected due to the new episode...

Darkwing Mare

Seriously, how could you NOT make the connection?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Well, here’s a latecomer to this thread. :rolleyes I actually checked out MLP:FiM the night this thread was first posted. I’ll admit, I had a deeply ingrained aversion to doing so (I consider myselfóand strive to beóan open-minded person, but I had ancient memories of the original series filed away next to Barney in the “stuff I saw in my youth that I’d rather forget” section of my brain :p), and in fact I’m not sure I would have bothered looking further into this show if I hadn’t seen this post by DarkHououmon:
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 7 2011 on  08:33 PM
One of my favorite characters is Rarity. She is obsessed with fashion and is a designer herself. But she isn't an airhead or self-centered. She is actually quite generous and does care about her friends. In the second episode, she cuts off her own tail and puts it on a sea serpent (whose mustache was hacked off) so he would feel better.
There was something about the prospect of seeing a unicorn giving a sea serpent a prosthetic mustache that I couldn’t resist. :lol My interest was further piqued by the various mythological creatures in the videos AvestheForumFox posted. Subsequently I tried to find out more about the episodes (namely, which ones those creatures appeared in), and sometime shortly after midnight on March 8, 2011, I watched the pilot on YouTube, followed by a few other episodes.

I can’t really remember my initial thoughts of the first episodes I saw; I think I considered it a well-made show, but, much like the first time I watched The Land Before Time after years of ambivalence to the series, it took time for my fandom of MLP to develop. As with LBT, I don’t know when I realized that I was obsessed with the show. It might have been around the time I discovered Equestria Daily, and started collecting and viewing MLP fanart and fanfiction in earnest. One of the earliest fanart pieces I saw (which to this day remains one of my favorites) is this comic featuring a ponies and MythBusters crossover. :lol

I don’t have a favorite pony (or a favorite character, for that matter). I find that I identify with all of the mane six, and like the LBT gang, I honestly can’t choose one over the others. I suppose I do have an especially pronounced fondness for Pinkie Pie, and whenever she’s onscreen, you can count on me being happy. :smile (Still, I refuse to pick favorites! -_-) The humor of this show is one of the things I enjoy most about it; really, any of the characters can crack me up, but Pinkie is especially good at it. :lol And don’t get me started on Discord. He pretty much instantly became one of my all-time favorite antagonists.

Also, the show made me very happy last week with its portrayal of a bat in "May the Best Pet Win". :smile Not only was the bat treated as cute, non-scary to the characters, and desirable as a pet (even though batsóand, actually, most of the other animals in that episodeóare not recommended as real-life pets), but it actually made it to the final round of the competition (the only flyer that wasn’t a bird of prey), and had the adjective “awesome” directly applied to it more than once. :wow Someone on the MLP team respects bats! :DD

In closing, thank you, Aves and DarkHououmon, for introducing this show to me! :D

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Nov 27 2011 on  11:15 AM
And as expected due to the new episode...

Darkwing Mare

Seriously, how could you NOT make the connection?
Imagine that as a spin off series.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Pangaea,Nov 27 2011 on  05:00 PM
Well, here’s a latecomer to this thread. :rolleyes I actually checked out MLP:FiM the night this thread was first posted. I’ll admit, I had a deeply ingrained aversion to doing so (I consider myselfóand strive to beóan open-minded person, but I had ancient memories of the original series filed away next to Barney in the “stuff I saw in my youth that I’d rather forget” section of my brain :p), and in fact I’m not sure I would have bothered looking further into this show if I hadn’t seen this post by DarkHououmon:
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 7 2011 on  08:33 PM
One of my favorite characters is Rarity. She is obsessed with fashion and is a designer herself. But she isn't an airhead or self-centered. She is actually quite generous and does care about her friends. In the second episode, she cuts off her own tail and puts it on a sea serpent (whose mustache was hacked off) so he would feel better.
There was something about the prospect of seeing a unicorn giving a sea serpent a prosthetic mustache that I couldn’t resist. :lol My interest was further piqued by the various mythological creatures in the videos AvestheForumFox posted. Subsequently I tried to find out more about the episodes (namely, which ones those creatures appeared in), and sometime shortly after midnight on March 8, 2011, I watched the pilot on YouTube, followed by a few other episodes.

I can’t really remember my initial thoughts of the first episodes I saw; I think I considered it a well-made show, but, much like the first time I watched The Land Before Time after years of ambivalence to the series, it took time for my fandom of MLP to develop. As with LBT, I don’t know when I realized that I was obsessed with the show. It might have been around the time I discovered Equestria Daily, and started collecting and viewing MLP fanart and fanfiction in earnest. One of the earliest fanart pieces I saw (which to this day remains one of my favorites) is this comic featuring a ponies and MythBusters crossover. :lol

I don’t have a favorite pony (or a favorite character, for that matter). I find that I identify with all of the mane six, and like the LBT gang, I honestly can’t choose one over the others. I suppose I do have an especially pronounced fondness for Pinkie Pie, and whenever she’s onscreen, you can count on me being happy. :smile (Still, I refuse to pick favorites! -_-) The humor of this show is one of the things I enjoy most about it; really, any of the characters can crack me up, but Pinkie is especially good at it. :lol And don’t get me started on Discord. He pretty much instantly became one of my all-time favorite antagonists.

Also, the show made me very happy last week with its portrayal of a bat in "May the Best Pet Win". :smile Not only was the bat treated as cute, non-scary to the characters, and desirable as a pet (even though batsóand, actually, most of the other animals in that episodeóare not recommended as real-life pets), but it actually made it to the final round of the competition (the only flyer that wasn’t a bird of prey), and had the adjective “awesome” directly applied to it more than once. :wow Someone on the MLP team respects bats! :DD

In closing, thank you, Aves and DarkHououmon, for introducing this show to me! :D

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Halters (the item of horse tack) can be seen on the dress forms in Rarity's shop. Nopony is seen wearing them.

The "There's a Pony for That" ad shows that Rarity makes bridles.

Several ponies are seen wearing saddles.  

So in a world of sapient equines, why would tack even exist?

My only guess was that saddles served some utilitarian purposes (or as fetish wear) while bridles, halters, etc. served as fetish wear.

---------

On a side note, once the semester ends and I an back home, I may want to try draw a picture of Twilight Sparkle in a cryogenic pod.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
One of my favorite characters is Rarity.

Rarity is one of my favorites too.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Speaking of Rarity, the next episode centers around her.  However, it also goes into a more serious subject.

Season 2, Episode 9
12/3 10:00am EST
Sweet and Elite
Rarity must choose between her friends and important social connections in Canterlot.

So basically, to help her business, Rarity would have to move and set up shop in Canterlot.  Hmm, I wonder how they will handle this one.  We shall see. :)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby present ou with the living proof that bronies are the single most dedicated and creative fandom in all of existence:

My Little Orchestra- Friendship Symphony no.1 in D Minor

Yep. Somepony literally took an assortment of songs from season 1 and converted them into 1 huge orchestral piece. And it honestly sounds bloody realistic too!

On another note, I now have another two friends converted: one has already worked her way through season 1 since last Wenesday, and the other, who is newer to it, is now actively seeking out the episodes I haven't shown him yet.

I also just finished this today. What do you think?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Nov 28 2011 on  04:39 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby present you with the living proof that bronies are the single most dedicated and creative fandom in all of existence:

Yep. Somepony literally took an assortment of songs from season 1 and converted them into 1 huge orchestral piece. And it honestly sounds bloody realistic too!
Wow!  Just wow!  It's too bad that, due to budget reasons, that version of the songs can't be in the actual episodes.  This guy is absolutely amazing. :)

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Quote from: Allicloud,Nov 29 2011 on  06:39 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I hereby present ou with the living proof that bronies are the single most dedicated and creative fandom in all of existence:

Perfect... just perfect.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, well!  Lookie what I found.

Ancient Blunders

Basically, it is an homage of Past Sins.  This time though, Discord (Or at least a reincarnation of him named Dyx.) takes the place of Nyx and Pinkie Pie is the one who takes care of him.  Let's see if this author can live up to the same expectations of one of, if not the, best pony fics ever made. :)

EDIT: Oh, and on a side note, I do have an idea for Pip, but the story sure is long. (Sad part is, only thing stopping me is a good title.) :)

Petria

• Ruby
    • View Profile
ENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUGH!!!!!!!!!!
Enough of this My Little Pony! Enough of this bullshit! Enough of this big load of crap!!
YOU PEOPLE WORSHIP THIS STUPID IDIOT JERK SHOW AND I HATE HATE HATE IT!!!!!
I bet you take it to the bathroom with you!!
WHAT IS THIS FORUM ALL BOUT ANYWAY?!

NOW GO BASE YOUR LIFE ON MY LITTLE PONY and get some toys to have ___ with.

[I'm the leader.]

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
.... What the hell is your problem, hm?  Don't like the show, not a prob.  But you don't have to be a hater.