The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Fallout: Equestria  Trailer: The opening monologue narrated by a monotone female Russian voice with slow, slightly creepy ambient music playing in the background makes it awesome. Russian seems to be perfect for post-apocalyptic narration.

Fallout: Equestria trailer (English): Same as above but with a slow monotone male voice narrating it. Still has that same, slow, creepy ambient music.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have an announcement before we begin.  Here's some upcoming episode info straight from EqD.

Season 2 Episode 16: Read It and Weep
Summary: Rainbow Dash secretly discovers the joys of reading when she's laid up in the hospital.
Air Date: February 4, 2012

Rainbow Dash in the hospital.  How many fanfics have I seen that in?  Most likely pure coincidence here.  Should be a good one.

Anyways, on to waiting for the new episode to air!

See ya later! :)

EDIT: Oh, and it appears they are doing a Valentine's Day Episode on Feb 11th.  However, all I have outside the air date is the title, which is "Hearts and Hooves".

I'll keep an eye out for the summary!

See ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
SPOILER POST

Granny Smith is embarrassing Applebloom.

Official name for Diamond Tiara's father: Filthy Rich

edits from here!

EDIT: New Fruit addition: Zap Apples!  Rainbow colored apples that come from Zap Apple Trees that are magical.

Oh, and the CMCs do all they can to prevent Granny Smith from showing up in class for Family Appreciation Day.  All tasks fail!

EDIT: Granny Smith tells the legend of the Zap Apples.  Turns out, they helped found Ponyville!  Yes, Granny Smith is a part of the family that founded Ponyville.

Oh, and be ready at the end for some Diamond Tiara embarrassment. :D

On to the review!!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
REVIEW POST

Not much can be said about how I feel for this episode.  It is enjoyable, but you feel sorry for Applebloom for about half the episode and how embarrassed she gets.  Sad part of it all is that it wouldn't have happened if Diamond Tiara didn't encourage such embarrassment.  So yeah, the embarrassment isn't all that natural.

Best part is the story in the third act.  How Ponyville came to be is just epic!

Now, to await the online link! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ONLINE EPISODE POST!!

Family Appreciation Day

Enjoy it!!

Now, if you don't mind, I'll be enjoying some PMVs. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I liked the episode.  We also found out some history of Ponyville and saw more of the apple family and the cmc's.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I gotta say, this episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. And for several good reasons:

1. Major historical development. (Ponyville and the Apple Family)

2. Seeing the Cutie Mark Crusaders make numerous attempts at something that did not involve getting a Cutie Mark for a change. (Using Granny Smith as a puppet was my favorite; it oddly reminded me of "Weekend at Bernies" XD)

3. Telegram Scootaloo is best pony. (See? She CAN be more than a chicken. XP)

4. I wish Zap Apples were real.

5. Further fueled my raging hatred for Diamand Tiarra. (Though Silver Spoon may have a small chance at redemption for being the first to clap after Granny Smith's story)

All in all, great episode.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
As for the Episode 12 - Family Appreciation Day...
It didn't quite get my interest, after all, it was just centered onto Granny Smith and Applebloom, the others didn't show up so it didn't reach my peak of interest. But still it was a good episode.

By the way, did Derpy show up in that episode? Someone tell me where did she show up. :smile

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
My concensus on the episode?

I thought it was pretty good. Though the Apple family aren't exactly my favourite characters, it was nice to see some more development their way. Not to mention, giving us one of the coolest shots of Big macintosh ever:

Though I have to admit, I think they did Granny Smith's embarassing behaviour a little too well. Watching her throughout the first half was downright cringeworthy. Still, it made up for it in the last third, with the awesome story about Ponyville's founding. Was there anybody else who just loved the music at the very end of te story? Real epic stuff. I hope somebody isolates that music for us to enjoy sometime.

So in conclusion, awkward fist half, but a great payoff at the end. And yes, Granny Smith was hilarious.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
Quote from: Allicloud,Jan 8 2012 on  08:20 PM
Was there anybody else who just loved the music at the very end of te story? Real epic stuff. I hope somebody isolates that music for us to enjoy sometime.
I didn't realize at first until I saw your post, I watched that part of the episode and listened to the music. And yes, I loved it! Epic stuff they did in the music.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm... I wonder how a certain popular Pegasus feels about Zap Apples...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: PanickyPetrie14,Jan 8 2012 on  04:37 AM
By the way, did Derpy show up in that episode? Someone tell me where did she show up. :smile
After carefully analyzing the episode, I have found that no, she did not appear in the episode.  Also, anyone claiming that she did appear, I have concluded to either be in the intro song, (Which doesn't count!) or for it to be a simple misidentification.

Also, a couple of other tidbits that popped up.

1. Apparently, Bonbon can time travel. (She was in the sepia tone flashback.)

2. Lyra isn't the only pony that sits awkwardly for her species.  Apparently, Sweetie Belle knows how to sit like that too.

And finally...

Click Here!
Click Here!

What do you think that tells everyone?

I shall await your thoughts. :)